Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early Trkish and Europan languages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orkon View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Orkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Trkish and Europan languages
    Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 11:57

Trkish and Europan languages not same origin,this languages haven't common word origins.

Therefore,this words are how include English?

Trkish 'Ot' , English 'Hot' it means in Trkish same Hot.

Trkish 'Tepe' in Kazak 'Tbe' Krgz 'Tpe' and other Turkic dialekts same ,English 'Top' same means.

in Old Trkish 'Tilma' (Tilmach) means interpreter,translator, in German 'Dolmetscher'  in this word now in Trkish 'Dilma' (Dilmach) How this explain?  German and Trkish incoherent each other.

This words and there are a lot of examples,in Early Trkish age include this languages?

There are a lot of examples, for example  in English 'Bargain' ,in Altaian Trkish 'Bargaan' ,  in English 'Drive' in Altaian Trkish 'Dirivle' etc...

We (Trks) are not came in Anartolia in 1071,and Europe,Trks are camed Anatolia and Europe more early this lands.In Roman   mythology Romus and Romulus brothers get suckle bye wolf,and same myth there are Trkish myth,Bozkurt.

How are your opinions,this examples?

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 12:22
Originally posted by Orkon

How are your opinions,this examples?

Very simple. It's just coincidence...
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:29
due to Troyagen Theorie;
after the war of Troy, 2 commander survived
one went to europe (etructians) one went to central asia

interensting subject.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 14:23
Originally posted by Turkoglu

due to Troyagen Theorie;

interensting subject.

Oh no! Please tell me you are not implying what I think you are implying..?
finikis View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote finikis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 21:38
in forum if u search u can find the answer..i can give the url.

Edited by finikis
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 00:15
Tepe isn't turkish but persian.
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 01:29
Originally posted by barish

Originally posted by Turkoglu

due to Troyagen Theorie;

interensting subject.

Oh no! Please tell me you are not implying what I think you are implying..?

Oh yes! I think he is implying what you think he is implying..
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 01:39
funny and silly idea.

Anfører
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 15:38
This thread is  for historical amusement.
Or just for amusement !

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 16:26
My wonder is: those words are General Turkic or Anatolian Turk.

In each case they may have differnet points of contact with IE languages: it is obvious that Anatolian Turks are descendant of Anatolian natives that now speak a Turkic language. Among the languages spoken in Ancient Anatolia, many were Indo-European: Greek, Luwian, Phrygian, Armenian, etc. Some loans can well have gone locally in Anatolia IE->Turk.

In Central Asia, Turks also meddled with Indo Europeans, though, due to lack of written sources, it is less clear how. It's evident that what is now Turkestan used to speak Indo-European languages such as Scythian, Tocharian, etc. Some of these IE->Turk loans may have also happen in Central Asia therefore.

Finally, Turkic peoples in many ways had an unclear but real influence over Eastern and Central European peoples: Huns, arguably Avars and Magyars, Tatars and finally even Ottoman Turks may have influenced some words in IE European languages, tough most likely not very basic ones.

Finally there are theories that propose that Altaic, Uralic and Indo-European languages are all derived from a common source, along maybe other linguistic families (Siberian and Inuit in one theory and Afroasiatic and Dravidic in the other).

Anyhow, a few words mean little. But if you manage to collect hundreds or thousands of them in a coherent system, you have probably a linguistic link.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 09:23
Originally posted by Maju

it is obvious that Anatolian Turks are descendant of Anatolian natives that now speak a Turkic language.

Can you prove it?
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 09:26

Trkish and Europan languages not same origin,this languages haven't common word origins.

When you say European languages you mean Indo-European languages I suppose.

But look these maps.

Ba = Basque

C = Celtic

FU = Finno - Ugric

G = Germanic

I = Iberian

IE = Indo European

R = Romance

S = Slavic

U = Uralic

X = Unknown

At the end of the ice age:

in 5 500 BC

In 3000 BC:

Present day:

Reference:

http://dienekes.angeltowns.net/articles/ieorigins/

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 06:31

it is obvious that Anatolian Turks are descendant of Anatolian natives that now speak a Turkic language.

Can you prove it?

Maju didn't mean that the orriginal turkic-speakers were anatolians-he simply ment that original turkic speakers who conquered anatolians asimilated those anatolian natives, which spoke IE languages.

Maybe u already knew this-and i misinterpreted your question...if so-sorry .

"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 15:49
Originally posted by Socrates

Can you prove it?

Maju didn't mean that the orriginal turkic-speakers were anatolians-he simply ment that original turkic speakers who conquered anatolians asimilated those anatolian natives, which spoke IE languages.

Maybe u already knew this-and i misinterpreted your question...if so-sorry .

Well if he was referring to some of us then I see no problem.

But claiming that modern people of Anatolia have no connection with Central Asia ethnically, is incorrect.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 16:33

Can you prove it?

Yes: look into the mirror and then look a pic of a Kazak or other steppary Turk, closer to what genuine Turks used to be genetically. You are a Hatti/Trojan/Tracian/Hittite/Phrygian/Lydian/Lycian/Galatian /Greek/Armenian/other that speaks Turk.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 16:38
The ones who live in Central Asia are not Oghuz Turks, so it's only natural that I look different from them.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 16:40
Oghuz Turks don't have that wide eyes, I think you will speak about this feature.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 17:10
Originally posted by Raider

When you say European languages you mean Indo-European languages I suppose.

But look these maps.

Ba = Basque

C = Celtic

FU = Finno - Ugric

G = Germanic

I = Iberian

IE = Indo European

R = Romance

S = Slavic

U = Uralic

X = Unknown

At the end of the ice age:

in 5 500 BC

In 3000 BC:

Present day:

Reference:

http://dienekes.angeltowns.net/articles/ieorigins/

Must I say that I disagree with this Refrew-ist shceme? Very beautifully put but wrong. U area would probably be Caucasic (except the north that is only lately colonized). Equally Anatolia and maybe the Balcans would also speak those "Caucasic" languages probably.

IE was only in the easternmost corner of Europe... but well.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 17:17

Yes: look into the mirror and then look a pic of a Kazak or other steppary Turk, closer to what genuine Turks used to be genetically.

Better yet-look at the photo of Mehmet Okur

http://www.memo13.com/index.asp

Edited by Socrates
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 17:41

As far as topic concerned, it's just a coincidance, there is no real connection between Indo EU and Uralic-Altaic languages other than intermixing via loaned words.

As for Anatolia, It's funny when people say there is no Turkic genes in Turkey.So those people conquered themselves by using title Turk dear maju? do you think Gagauz, most of Tatars or Bulgar Turks looked like CA Turks? Read some more about what Western and Eastern Turk is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>