Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIslamic Entitlement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Entitlement
    Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 14:58
Originally posted by Mira

Originally posted by arch.buff

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/trade/files/98-916.pdf

If you scroll down to the top of page 14 you'll find a pie graph that demonstrates the distribution of foreign aid. Theres one representing 1994 and another representing 2004. The middle-east is the majority in both.

Lol, you serious?

It says "economic aid" to Israel and Turkey.  Israel is not Arab/Muslim, and Turkey is not Middle East, it's Europe.

The pie graph makes no mention of what countries in the Middle East.  I don't care how much aid they receive, they're only 5 countries with puppet governments.

Do you read your sources before posting them?

LOL! Turkey not in the middle-east, www.mideastinfo.com/countries.html

you live in the mid-east, dont you?

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:00
Either way, I think you'll find the aid given one sided.
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:05
If Greece is Europe, then Turkey is Europe, too.  Like it or not.

Aid is not one-sided.  You got aid from the Middle East after Katrina.  Kuwait was your biggest doner:  $500 million!  My country gave you $100 million, how about that?
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:16

Aid is not one-sided.  You got aid from the Middle East after Katrina.  Kuwait was your biggest doner:  $500 million!  My country gave you $100 million, how about that?

I dont know what youre thinking? Go get a cup of coffee or something and try and wake up. Turkey is in the middle-east, greece is not. thats just common sense

As far as who has given more aid to whom, I think we all know the answer to that question

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:21
Of course we know you've stuffed "aid" in the pockets of five puppet governments.  I'm sure they thanked you for that.  Thank God, most Middle Eastern countries didn't receive any foreign aid, especially from your country.

As for Turkey; your government thinks it's Europe, so I'll take your word for it!
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:24
Talking about Katrina, here's something to entertain you:

Nagin "shocked" by pre-Katrina Bush video

Reuters - Wed Mar 1, 10:23 PM ET

NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said on Wednesday he was shocked by video showing U.S. President George W. Bush being told the day before Hurricane Katrina hit that the city's protective levees could fail. The tape contradicts the president's statement four days after the hurricane struck: "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Hurricane_Katrina/

Awww!  It seems Bush just wanted free cash from abroad.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 03:27
Mira wrote:
" As for Turkey; your government thinks it's Europe, so I'll take your word for it!"
America supports turkeys membership for its own purposes
They just want to drive a wedge into the union and dilute the french german leadership. Its politics and nothing else.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 08:30

Lol, where'd you get that from?  Iran does not receive foreign aid.  As far as I remember, Iran welcomed foreign aid after the quake, but that's it.

Most of the Middle East does not receive foreign aid, so what do you say about that?  As for not complaining:  Egypt was asked by Danish Muslims to take a "stance" against the provocation.  Even the reaction demanded came from the West.

For the foreign aid of $408 million received by Iran in 2002 (before the quake) check http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2064.htm l

For current World Bank aid to Iran programs totalling $791 million see the World Bank site at http://tinyurl.com/mdsrm

which also has an objective assessment of Iran's current economic situation.

The current portfolio consists of six active operations - Tehran Sewerage Project, Second Primary Health Care and Nutrition Project, Environmental Management, Earthquake Emergency Project, the Ahwaz and Shiraz Water Supply and Sanitation Project, and the Urban Upgrading and Housing Reform Project for a total commitment of $791 million.

Middle Eastern countries receiving foreign aid also include or have recently included Bahrein, Egypt, Palestine, Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Syria and the Yemen. Some of that aid has indeed come from the UAE and Saudi Arabia but it gets complicated trying to disentangle it.

Anyway, my original point included all countries complaining about the Danish cartoons not just Middle Eastern ones. Moreover I was talking about aid from Europe, not from the US, which didn't publish or support the cartoons, and doesn't give as much as Europe anyway.

Edited by gcle2003
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 09:19

Originally posted by Leonidas

Mira wrote:
" As for Turkey; your government thinks it's Europe, so I'll take your word for it!"
America supports turkeys membership for its own purposes
They just want to drive a wedge into the union and dilute the french german leadership. Its politics and nothing else.

And of course French reluctance to include Turkey has nothing at all to do with keeping their influence in the EU as strong as possible; without anyone else's interests muddling the pic.  Right?   

We are all aware of how even handed are the French.

Edited by pikeshot1600
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 10:38
pikeshot1600 wrote:
"And of course French reluctance to include Turkey has nothing at all to do with keeping their influence in the EU as strong as possible; without anyone else's interests muddling the pic.  Right?  "
right, french eyes are always on the troublsome anglos. Turks a kinda like the proxys in a wider battle

"We are all aware of how even handed are the French. "
"Its politics and nothing else."

Edited by Leonidas
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 14:12

That's nothing compared to what The Middle East gets in aid. $100 million is a joke in today's world. The only good thing Bush has done is cut off aid to Hamas.

I'm all for 100% of all aid to the Middle East being cut off until the Middle East  overthrows their governments that horde all the money for themselves such as Saudi Arabia. Actually, given the Middle East's blind acceptance of "religion" the US shouldn't give them any aid until their governments take Islam out of their laws, and stop oppressing their people. But, that would probably cause more riots, because after all Islam doesn't oppress anyone

The faster we can throw off our dependance on middle-eastern oil the faster we can cut all aid to that area, and put the money to good use in our own country.

Edited by Illuminati
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 17:05

Oh, excuse me, so now it's become a 'past'? The Holocaust don't seem to fall in that category for some reason, no? So how do you classify what's "past" and what's not so in the "past"?

Of course it's all in the past. But if you want compensation then you should likewise offer out compensation.

Saudi Arabia is not receiving foreign aid for anything. As for Egypt, its government is a puppet for the West, and that's the reason it's receiving aid.

Actually Saudi Arabia is. Who trains their military? Who gives the top of the line hardware? Oh yeah! We do. And of course Egypt must be a puppet because she made peace with Israel. Oh man, if any Arab does that they must be western puppets!

You're not the only one giving out aid to foreign countries. I'm sure you received a lot from the Gulf states after Katrina. Selective amnesia?

Of course when it came to the Quake in Bam or the Tsunami we likewise chipped in. And if your country ever sank into quick sand it would be the same thing, we would help you. And of course any aid offered to us is appreciated.

Lol, I thought you said you didn't need us?

Not as much as you need us.

Lol, the UAE was built 50 years ago? Where'd you get that from! The UAE is a 35 year old state. Your demonstration of ignorance is hilarious. Keep going!

In was talking about the infrastructure. 50 years ago what was at Dubai or Abu Dabi? Maybe a settlement but nothing like it is today.

I'm sorry I will have to disagree with you. The UAE was built by the neighboring Gulf state of Kuwait. Our hospitals and schools were all built by the Kuwaitis. And your guess regarding the British building the country is wrong, I'm afraid.

The British built Kuwait, where do you think the Kuwaiti people got their skills from? Dont tell me you did it on your own.

Look at the chair you're sitting on, and all the stuff you own. Can you list the stuff that is locally made? You basically live on Chinese imports. What are you talking about?

Yeah and I hate the Chinese government and I hate that we live on their exports. But just remember that between Japan and America China relies on us for %50 of their export economy.

You simply couldn't have progressed yourself without our oil. If you didn't buy our oil, there would be no use for all the expensive cars you make in the West.

Actually, in WW2 we were an oil exporter. It was our increasing standard of living that led us to start importing it. The plurality of our oil comes from Canada

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/news/nation/13767 738.htm?source=rss&channel=krwashington_nation

"Through the first 11 months of 2005, the United States imported nearly 2.2 million barrels per day of oil from the Middle East nations of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq. That's less than 20 percent of the total U.S. daily imports of 10.062 million barrels. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspon dent/4677402.stm

here, you will read that Canada and Mexico alone account for 28.9% of America's oil. The Gulf states only sell us %19. I thought i read Canada sells us %40 but i was wrong, but they still do sell us the largest amount of oil compared to any other country. The fact is, there is oil in other area of the world and while we now rely on oil not all of it is from the middle-east, and with new developing technology we are slowly replacing oil. We import 10mmillion barrels per day, 2.2 million of those barrels come from the middle east.

As to us progressing our selves...you over estimate your contribution to western development and you underestimate our contribution to your development.

You may ask any of your "experts" about this, or do your own research; the US consumes more oil per capita than any country in the world. We would have survived selling our oil to the East, just like we survived even before the oil. We have ports here and open seas; trade is a big thing in this part of the world.

Yes because China had such a huge demand for oil in the 70s.

and btw, China will exceed our demand in 2010.

I thought you'd like to read this little bit of fact:

"Production of pesticides and fertilizers needed to sustain crop yields rely on large quantities of chemicals derived from petroleum. And Stanford University's Amos Nur says China and the United States could "slide into a military conflict" over oil."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2005-10-16-o il-1a-cover-usat_x.htm

Before making an unrealistic argument, Loknar, you need to get rid of all your industries that rely on petroleum imports.

Of course we rely on that crap, and if China ever tries to take it from us we will kick them to the curb. And if the Arab states ever get any bright ideas again about selling oil to us i would propose we occupy their oil fields and drill it for our selves.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 18:13

Quote:
I'm sorry I will have to disagree with you. The UAE was built by the neighboring Gulf state of Kuwait. Our hospitals and schools were all built by the Kuwaitis. And your guess regarding the British building the country is wrong, I'm afraid.

The British built Kuwait, where do you think the Kuwaiti people got their skills from? Dont tell me you did it on your own.

Loknar, I do remind you that statements like this has driven you a warning already. Stick to the same attitute and you will be banned for good. Got it ?

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 18:28

Excuse me?

I was challenging Mira to provide evicence that the Arabs built the middle east wiht out western help. I dont see anything wrong with what I posted. If I broke a rule please tell me whcih one i broke.

Edited by Loknar
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 20:21
OK, How about this smart boy ?

Read yourself again. What makes you think that other nationalities are uncapable to develop technologies or achieve improvements in any fields ?

Should I remind you the AE Code of Conduct. I find your post derogatory to others nationalities. That's called racism and it is not tolerated at AE.

This is not the first time you do this type of statements. I will glady elevate this case to the moderators forum for their analisys. A warning about your behaviour has been issued already.

Either you choose to play nice, be friendly, to leanrn from other cultures and respect other believes or you will find yourself banned.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 20:52

Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

OK, How about this smart boy ?

Read yourself again. What makes you think that other nationalities are uncapable to develop technologies or achieve improvements in any fields ?

Should I remind you the AE Code of Conduct. I find your post derogatory to others nationalities. That's called racism and it is not tolerated at AE.

This is not the first time you do this type of statements. I will glady elevate this case to the moderators forum for their analisys. A warning about your behaviour has been issued already.

Either you choose to play nice, be friendly, to leanrn from other cultures and respect other believes or you will find yourself banned.

Then you took it the wrong way. I never inferred any racism in my post, any which you may see is in your own imagination. Maybe you should read the argument between me and Mira. She says the west was developed on Arab oil and that we couldnt have dont it with out them. I said the middle east was built by the west. You read into things too much and your own past with me I think interferes with your own judgment.

And as to respecting people beliefs and cultures, I see that rule broken all the time and I never see any warnings. In fact, this is now my 2nd warning, and I believe in both instances you were the one to bring these charges against me. I know I deserved it the first time, i was speaking in anger after all. But I think you are only reading into this.

And as to why I said "dont tell me they did it them selves." was to pre-empt Mira and to point out they did not have the technical expertise.

Edited by Loknar
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 09:31

Just for the record I don't see any reason to criticise Loknar any more than Mira. I thought myself that Lancer's "OK, How about this smart boy ?" was pretty offensive.

Whether Kuwait was built with British assistance or not is purely a matter for objective investigation. Certainly I know for a fact that the Kuwait Oil Company even in the decades immediately after WWII relied on British technologists. A close friend of mine was one of them.

KOC was a joint foundation of the UK's (majority state-owned) Anglo-Persian Oil Company (now BP) and the US's Gulf Oil. All of the initial explorations and development work were therefore UK/US financed (mosly I think UK).

KOC was set up in 1934 with the agreement of the ruler. Sheikh Ahmad al Jabir Al Sabah, and it wasn't until 1938 that the company finally struck oil at Al Burqan.

If the UK had not mostly financed and carried out the exploration, no doubt the US would have alone. If the US hadn't, probably someone else would have. But there's no doubt that al-Sabah didn't have the resources to do it himself.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:45
Originally posted by Loknar

Saudi Arabia is not receiving foreign aid for anything.

Actually Saudi Arabia is. Who trains their military? Who gives the top of the line hardware? Oh yeah! We do.

But Saudi Arabia pays for it. Not the same thing at all.

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:40

gcle2003

Thank you for summing up my original statement. What you said was all I was trying to indicate to Mira, I never intended a racist post.

as to the aid. There are more types of aid than giving money. Some aid is military oriented.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 07:40

Hello!

It seems I missed a lot.

Bahrain receiving foreign aid?  I don't know why we're known as the affluent Gulf states if we're going to rely on foreign aid.  Double check your information, please.  The only "destitute" Gulf state is Oman, and it's not receiving any foreign aid.

Kuwait had been comparatively advanced not only because of British investment, but also because it was an Iraqi province that received significant attention and funds from the Sublime Port (Ottoman Empire).

I still remain firm in my convinction that Iran receives no foreign aid, and the only aid it has received recently was that related to the Bam earthquake.  The World Bank lends out money to Iran, like it does to all other countries, and the SDR (Special Drawing Right, which is a unit of account of the IMF) also gives out money indiscriminately to countries, including Iran.  So yes, Iran does not receive foreign aid.  If you think otherwise, please provide evidence.

If aid is more than just money, then we also are providing Europe and America with aid in terms of cheap labor, tax-free markets and job opportunities.  Please do not imply that it is all one-sided.  We are either interdependent on each other, or we're both capable of being self-sufficient.  The Middle East has always survived on open-trade with the East.  The Far East never claimed that the Near East (Middle East) was dependent on it, and never attributed any advancement in the region to its many contributions, and vice versa.  Why is the West being so arrogant thinking that the rest of the world is dependent on it?

Right now, the Middle East is strategically and economically very important.  Logically speaking, if it wasn't important, you wouldn't be sending your children to die here.

And please quit that talk about Canada providing you with oil.  You obviously don't read the links I post up here, even when they're from "your" sources.

"

As oil prices now about $63 a barrel stay elevated, so-called unconventional supplies of oil become economically feasible. Exhibit one: enormous deposits of Canadian oil sands, which could eventually yield more than 170 billion barrels of oil. On the list of the world's biggest oil countries, that total puts the USA's northern neighbor behind only Saudi Arabia.

That's the good news. The bad news is that wringing oil from the sludge-like tar sands is difficult and costly, and requires enormous quantities of water and natural gas itself an ever-pricier fuel."

And where do you get your natural gas from?  The Middle East.  See?

It is so arrogant of you to talk about foreign aid, when the whole world generously provides aid to countries that are in need.  India provided Pakistan with aid after the earthquake, when these countries are in a state of conflict over land and resources.  The UAE provided aid to Iran after the earthquake, even though Iran occupies UAE Islands.  We gave the US aid, when the US is engaged in bombing and torturing Muslims in Afghanistan in Iraq.  It's a humanitarian issue, not a political one.  So if you're going to brag about how much you're giving in foreign aid, then you might as well not.  People hate to be told they're alive because of your favors, when you too, in reality, are surviving on others' favors.

And Loknar, for the last time:  The Middle East has had many civilizations before the Western foot ever set on this land.  This region was not built by the West.  It is "oriental" because it is Eastern and depends on Eastern countries.  Our labor market, our products, our technology .. almost everything, comes from China, India, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.  Even our food is imported from Eastern and Middle Eastern countries.  Why buy American apples that take weeks to be shipped, when Iranian and Chinese apples look so fresh and take a few days to arrive?

The boycott of Danish goods was only easy because not many people consumed these products, and those who did have easily found alternatives.  Everybody's consuming Saudi dairy products now.

I could go on and on, but if you don't understand logic, and when you've not been in this part of the world ever, then there's no point in describing an elephant to a blind man.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>