Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIslamic Entitlement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Entitlement
    Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:51

oh pikeshot technology is catchin up to everybody quickly these days.

also US is using less than 20 % of Arab oil, the east is taking the rest. and we are working on getting our economy less dependant on oil. so far Dubai's economy is only 6% from oil and 94% from non-oil business and in 2010 dubai's economy will be 0% depending on oil.  

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:54
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Originally posted by Mira

And one can't help wondering, similarily, why those who offend Muslims don't stop using their oil.

I am in favor of ethanol; hydro-electric and nuclear more than ever.

Technology has a way of catching up to us quickly.

Then the Mid East can corner the market on sand. 

You may be in favor of whatever you want, it's all hot air.  Reality proves otherwise; you are very dependent on our oil, you are willing to kill your own people by sending them to war for it.

Good luck.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:56

Originally posted by gcle2003

One can't help wondering why offended Muslims don't show their disgust by refusing to accept Western, particularly European, aid.

why would the west give aid to them at the first place? hmmmm

oh yes they(west) are the ones who kept and maintaning them(some muslim countries) weak and inneed for aid.

i guess thats a good way ( keeping others weak) to keep israel alive.

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:58

Mira:

Good luck back at you.  You'll need it more than we will.

Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:59
Originally posted by azimuth

also US is using less than 20 % of Arab oil, the east is taking the rest. and we are working on getting our economy less dependant on oil. so far Dubai's economy is only 6% from oil and 94% from non-oil business and in 2010 dubai's economy will be 0% depending on oil.  

Cool.  What about the rest of the Middle East?

Long term economic viability requires some substantial access to natural resources.  Without oil, what takes its place?  Banking?  With what money?

Edited by pikeshot1600
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 08:03
The rest of the Middle East is not living on foreign aid.  Most countires have survived without it.

"Khalil Abu Lila, a senior Hamas leader, on Saturday, February 25, told IslamOnline.net they received generous aid pledges at the grassroots and state levels in the Muslim world, double the aid which the US, the EU and others are threatening to cut off."

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2006-02/27/article 04.shtml

Sorry to disappoint you, but the West is not indispensable.
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:16

Oh yeah, who drills your oil for you? Oh yeah! We do. Saudi Arabias labor is made up of allot of foreigners, many of which are oil experts from the west. In fact, in Iraq, Saudi Arabia ect, the oil is drilled by western countries and has always been. In fact, the money from that oil made your countries modern.

And to let you know, we dont need mid-east oil. %40 of Americas oil comes from Canada, the largest amount of any nation. Iceland is moving to a non-oil economy and I hope we follow their example. And what would you do if we didnt buy your oil? Since you are from the UAE, it means no oil tankers pass thru the Persian gulf, less commerce, ect ect and your country descends back into the desert, where you can ride around on camels and cut each others heads off.

Mira, i agree with you 100%, I want the west out of the middle east. Our WW2 need for oil is over and I dont want to be involved there.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:37
Thank you, Loknar.  I share the same feelings.  If you didn't 'drill' the oil for us (as you say), the Chinese would have done it.  Too bad you got here before them, but they've landed in Sudan before you.

If, as you claim, you're not dependent on our oil, you wouldn't be in Iraq today, and you certainly wouldn't be tolerating the Saudis for the sake of it.
Theophos View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:57

If, as you claim, you're not dependent on our oil, you wouldn't be in Iraq today, and you certainly wouldn't be tolerating the Saudis for the sake of it.

US friends of wahabi Saudi Arabia for the sake of oil? Saddeningly true.

Us invasion of Iraq because of oil? Not entirely true. The main goal was to establish a pro-american government there and to get rid of the saddam threat to US interests and Israel.

This same reason can lead to an intervention in Iran, not oil.

Remember: after communism, the big enemy of the US is islamic extremism. Someone had to feel in the shoes.

Edited by Theophos
"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
--John 14:6
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 13:20

Thank you, Loknar.  I share the same feelings.  If you didn't 'drill' the oil for us (as you say), the Chinese would have done it.  Too bad you got here before them, but they've landed in Sudan before you.

The Chinese would have done it?   

The Chinese "landed in Sudan" before the West?  La de freakin' da!  A discovery greater than Columbus.  Mira, you are getting desperate with this.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 13:29
Or maybe you are just ignorant of this region and its politics?

I don't blame you.  Even your MidEast so-called experts are.
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 13:40

I forgot about all that excess capital and technology the Chinese had in the 1950s.  You remember, that they didn't know what to do with?

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 14:08
Why don't you give them credit for all that they are?  Wal-Mart is absolutely marvellous!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 15:13

One can't help wondering why offended Muslims don't show their disgust by refusing to accept Western, particularly European, aid.

And one can't help wondering, similarily, why those who offend Muslims don't stop using their oil.

Not the same situation at all. Muslims are the ones claiming to be insulted and going on about honour and stuff, not the other way around.

Moreover other countries pay for the oil they buy, they don't accept it as charity.

why would the west give aid to them at the first place? hmmmm

They feel sorry for them, whether they are Pakistanis or Indonesians suffering from natural disasters, or Palestinians suffering from Israeli opporession.

oh yes they(west) are the ones who kept and maintaning them(some muslim countries) weak and inneed for aid.

And just how are they doing that? We're talking now about countries like Denmark, Germany, France and the rest of the EU.

i guess thats a good way ( keeping others weak) to keep israel alive.

Giving money to the Palestinians is helping keep Israel alive? Financing schools there? Paying government salaries?

The biggest contributors of Palestinian aid in 2005 were the European Commission, Japan, Norway and Britain. None of them notably Muslim. And the effect of recent aid was economic growth of 8-9% in Palestine last year, continuing a recent trend.

For a Palestinian source (Palestine Free Voice) confirming that, look at http://tinyurl.com/h3pnc

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 17:44

I would love nothing more than for the whole world to stop buying your oil. After all, the oil is yours and we should not be using your black gold. Go ahead, keep it to your selves, drill the oil on your own (of course you cant). So basically, after your economies crash maybe you will want western dollars and euros?

We are dependant on oil, but not your oil. As I said, the plurality of American oil comes from Canada. There is also Venezuela ect ect. The world can last with out the Middle East.

And as I said, with out our money you would still be in the desert chopping each others heads off. The west built the modern middle east.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 18:13

Thats what you can do if you live in a desert... Your country has a small population and is not very big, so its much easier to use less oil than a giant like USA or China.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 01:34

loknar

as far as i know your companies are fighting to get contracts to drill in our deserts, and they are not doing it for free u know., and about US need for oil, as i said the US only uses 20% of our oil production, the east and the far east is taking the majority, also the US still needs oil and its not over yet. i personally think we should get the oil ourselvs and do everything ourselvs.

and dont get too exited about oil finishing up or having no one to buy it, lol. its more than a 100 years to go for that. also we as you may noticed are doing lots of developments using these oil money for the future, also making some investments too. only saudi Arabia has more than 700 billions USD in investments in the US. the arab countries totall investments in the US will for sure exceed 1000 billion USD.

gcl2003

who supported the creation of Israel? the west? then its like you caused the problem from the first place and you are the one now bragging about giving aid to the palistinians.

its the wests own sh*t here and leaving the palistinians without a state and totally dependants on the Israelis (salaries, electricity .. etc.)  is one of the ways to keep israel the only strong nation in the area and most important keep it alive.

strategos

i was talking about dependency on oil in the MD and gave an example of Dubai, another city in uae the capital Abu Dhabi's economy is more than 90% depending on oil.

the porpose of that example is to show some people that some countries are working on for strong econonmy in the future without major dependence on oil.

as i said the oil we have is enough for more than 100 years to go. and so far the demand is increasing not decreasing.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 01:36
Originally posted by Loknar

I would love nothing more than for the whole world to stop buying your oil. After all, the oil is yours and we should not be using your black gold. Go ahead, keep it to your selves, drill the oil on your own (of course you cant). So basically, after your economies crash maybe you will want western dollars and euros?

We are dependant on oil, but not your oil. As I said, the plurality of American oil comes from Canada. There is also Venezuela ect ect. The world can last with out the Middle East.

And as I said, with out our money you would still be in the desert chopping each others heads off. The west built the modern middle east.

And I would love for the East to form a counter-bloc headed by a rising superpower like China.  You seem to be out of touch with reality, Loknar.  You are dependent on our oil, and that is a fact you have to accept.  Whether you have other sources of oil, you are still very much dependent on Middle East resources, that you are willing to send your troops to die for it in Iraq.

Oh, and by the way, the Middle East has always had a rich abundance of natural resources.  How else do you think that our civilizations lasted until the early decades of the past century?  And what would bring the colonial powers to the Middle East if the only thing we have is oil?  We also have 32% of the world's known natural gas reserves, and Morocco alone has more than half of the world's reserves of phosphate.

Now I'm tempted to ask you this, Loknar: Are you demonstrating personal ignorance of the Middle East, or is this something you were taught by your failing schooling systems?

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 01:57

Not the same situation at all. Muslims are the ones claiming to be insulted and going on about honour and stuff, not the other way around.

Moreover other countries pay for the oil they buy, they don't accept it as charity.

Oh, and guess what, countries accepting American and European foreign aid have to do things in return.  A Middle Eastern example is Egypt   The "We feel sorry for them" excuse can't be digested.  First hand experience proves otherwise.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 06:48
Hmmm...

I don't think the problem is wether the West needs the East or viceversa. Obviously we just can't turn our backs to the other: Earth is too small for that nowadays.

The problem is that we have the right of blasphemy and civil law. That religion is irrelevant and that a bunch of fanatics, both in the the West and the East pretend to resucitate religion from its tomb.

Well, sorry guys but religion is death. If you want to digress about spirituality, I'm ok with that but imposing religious dogmas to society belongs to an age that is gone.

And you just can't bring it back to life.

Thanks.

Now everybody move over and go back to their homes, where you can worship whatever you want without bothering anybody else. Ok?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>