Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAzerbaijani Origions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Azerbaijani Origions
    Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 15:18
so zagros, lets get into the deeper meaning here, and the medean connection with azari's. the genetic tests that have been posted show a more caucasian ancestry, maybe that of another iranic tribe?
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 15:24

No. Definately not.

The Medeans, it can be argued, in the same wat that Turks Turkified Azarbaijan, Iranianised Media-Atropatene, sure some of it was down to migrations into the area, but it was largely due to cultural and linguistic. Same with Persians, they Iranianised their region and this is also reflected int eh fact that most Persians have indigenous genetics.

There is a good reason why those genes have more in common with the Caucasus, the area was previously inhabited by non-Iranians, the Hurrians who spoke a caucasian language akin to Chechen and others.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 15:34

the medean connection with azari's.

is it different than turkish-hitit connection?

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 15:59
what is the turkish-hitit connection?
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 15:59
Nope.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 16:43
nothing
Hitties were Indo-European
Hitties & Turks distance in Anatolia= 2000 years
else in pan turk theory, Summerian are turk then Hitit are too
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 16:52
wait my question wasnt answered. Has it actually been proven that Kurds are descendants of Medeans?

Like an article? or a book that anyone knows of?

The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 03:00

Hello.  I have one question to iranian members here:

What was the official alphabet of the Sassanid empire(up to the arabian-islamic invasion in 7th century)?

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 08:40

This topic is about the origin of the present day Azaris, right? How can anyone exclude the Turkic origin, while they are presently belong to Turkic group? It's really odd.

One present nation can be originally belong to several groups. there are so many examples, such as Bulghars, Hungarians, Ukranians, Turks etc.  

It's probable the native people pior to the Turkic migration were Caucasian, Iranic, Ugrian or Indo european. The question is how come they had been Turkified, if Turkic tribes had no major role in the formation of them as Azaris? 

The ruling power? I don't think so. You only need to remember Moghuls in India and  Manchus in China.

The culture? No again, as the native culture seemed to be more attractive.

The population? This seemed to be the answer, given the fact that above two possibilities are slim.

So the conclusion is that Azeris are orininally mainly Turkic, partly native people who belonged to other groups.

Either make a history or become a history.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 08:49
Thats because there is no evidence of a strong Turkic movement into the region until the first millenia. 

Most likely the inhabitants of Azerbaijan have been Turkified, like some people in Anatolia...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 13:17

nothing

Nothing, true. Like azeri-medean connection.

Thats because there is no evidence of a strong Turkic movement into the region until the first millenia. 

Most likely the inhabitants of Azerbaijan have been Turkified, like some people in Anatolia...

Err, Turks at anatolia used azerbaijan as a way. So we are surely have some turk at there.

Infact If turkish empires at iran loved and supported persian culture(as a lot of our persian friend said), There were not any reason for turkification of other people, so I cannot see any reason for turkification, except a large turkish iimmigration to that lands.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 13:43
Originally posted by Mortaza

Err, Turks at anatolia used azerbaijan as a way. So we are surely have some turk at there.

The key is you must rephrase the bold type sentence as "... like the people of Antolia" - there's no reason to believe that what applies to Azerbaijan does not apply to Turkey. Said that, I admit that there must have been some major movement of Turk warlords and their tribes/armies but this doesn't mean that the previously existing large agricultural population was exterminated: it just changed master and assimilated to the new one. And most of the ancestors of modern Turks and Azeris logically belonged to the working class (natives) not to the aristocratic Turk elite that anyhow was surely already very mixed. With time differences dissapeared - at least in most cases - and we have now a new genetically native but culturally Turk ethnicity.

Azeris and Turkish, like so many others, are relatively new peoples in this regard, though they have the same ancient heritage as any other but in two branches: native and Turkic. Much of the same can be said of so many people:
  • English: pre-Celts, Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Normans...
  • French: pre-Celts, Celts, Romans, Frankish...
  • Iraquis: ... Sumerians, Akkadians, Arameans, Assyrians, Persians, Arabs, Turks...
  • Egyptians: ancient Egyptians, Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs...
  • Mexicans: early nations, Mexicas + other nations, Spanish...
Etc.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 13:49
Originally posted by barbar

This topic is about the origin of the present day Azaris, right? How can anyone exclude the Turkic origin, while they are presently belong to Turkic group? It's really odd.

the turkish origion is not included because it would mean that there was a tribe of turks called azaris that came from central asia to the caucasus. this is not true.

if you think that azari's were origionally turkic, than thats like saying the people of anatolia were origionally turkic.

they are now turks because they have been turkified.

One present nation can be originally belong to several groups. there are so many examples, such as Bulghars, Hungarians, Ukranians, Turks etc.  

It's probable the native people pior to the Turkic migration were Caucasian, Iranic, Ugrian or Indo european. The question is how come they had been Turkified, if Turkic tribes had no major role in the formation of them as Azaris? 

Turkification probably started largely after teh russians took the land, and tried to seperate and create a division from iran.

the reason i say this is because historians record the people speaking an iranic language as far as teh 17th and 18th century.

The ruling power? I don't think so. You only need to remember Moghuls in India and  Manchus in China.

well, the moghul empire was turco persian. the turks ran the military aspect, the persians ran the administration and culture and stuff like that.

The culture? No again, as the native culture seemed to be more attractive.

the culture was definetly iranic.

The population? This seemed to be the answer, given the fact that above two possibilities are slim.

So the conclusion is that Azeris are orininally mainly Turkic, partly native people who belonged to other groups.

no, they arent origionally turkic. you have no proof, this is all just your analsys.

let me ask you, were the anatolian people origionally turkic?

[/QUOTE]
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 13:54

nothing

Nothing, true. Like azeri-medean connection.

wow.  ok, iranic peoples were in the near east more than 3000 years ago, so it is very possible that azaris were iranic, or iranified, before the turks even got there, 2000 years later....

Infact If turkish empires at iran loved and supported persian culture(as a lot of our persian friend said), There were not any reason for turkification of other people, so I cannot see any reason for turkification, except a large turkish iimmigration to that lands.

read my above post for the answer to this question.

but incase you dont:

azarbiajani turkification didnt start until after russian interference.

just the same as the culture of central asia was mostly iranic until russian interference.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by prsn41ife
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 13:59

wow.  ok, iranic peoples were in the near east more than 3000 years ago, so it is very possible that azaris were iranic, or iranified, before the turks even got there, 2000 years later....

so hitits and other anatolian people too, so turkish-hitit relation is same with azeris-median relation but interestingly, when you love to call azeris, iranian persian, you dont call turks as hitits.

Did I miss something? why are you so hopeless about azeris, I am sure they have more turkish blood than Turkey turks.

Turkification probably started largely after teh russians took the land, and tried to seperate and create a division from iran

so why are there still turkish speaking people at iran? because of russia. Dont be so much naive. They were turk before russians.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 14:02
Originally posted by Maju

The key is you must rephrase the bold type sentence as "... like the people of Antolia" - there's no reason to believe that what applies to Azerbaijan does not apply to Turkey. Said that, I admit that there must have been some major movement of Turk warlords and their tribes/armies but this doesn't mean that the previously existing large agricultural population was exterminated: it just changed master and assimilated to the new one. And most of the ancestors of modern Turks and Azeris logically belonged to the working class (natives) not to the aristocratic Turk elite that anyhow was surely already very mixed. With time differences dissapeared - at least in most cases - and we have now a new genetically native but culturally Turk ethnicity.

Azeris and Turkish, like so many others, are relatively new peoples in this regard, though they have the same ancient heritage as any other but in two branches: native and Turkic. Much of the same can be said of so many people:
  • English: pre-Celts, Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Normans...
  • French: pre-Celts, Celts, Romans, Frankish...
  • Iraquis: ... Sumerians, Akkadians, Arameans, Assyrians, Persians, Arabs, Turks...
  • Egyptians: ancient Egyptians, Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs...
  • Mexicans: early nations, Mexicas + other nations, Spanish...

Etc.

Maju has pretty much summed everything here up.

I am again inclined to close this thread because of the direction it has yet again taken.

Edited by Zagros
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 14:07

so hitits and other anatolian people too, so turkish-hitit relation is same with azeris-median relation but interestingly, when you love to call azeris, iranian persian, you dont call turks as hitits.

Did I miss something? why are you so hopeless about azeris, I am sure they have more turkish blood than Turkey turks.

wow, either you dont want to understand, or you just cant understand.

why dont you post evidence smart guy.... maybe because there arent any that support your view....just your opinions.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 14:07

we are talking about origins not relations, If It comes relation. Turkic people have relation with almost all asia, and half of Europea.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567