Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nazi are getting popular ?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arsenka View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote arsenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nazi are getting popular ?!?
    Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 13:35

I've been talking recently with some friends of mine residing in different contries (and travelling a lot) and I've got a scaring impression that nazi (or neo-nazi) ideas are being revised everywhere with threatening activity nowadays. They (I mean - ideas) are served under different sauce and in different words - that is, but.... Actually, that's too global not to be noticed. The point is not just the fact they exist but that they are popular. We'll have very bad times and very soon in the case my impression is right and that's sorrowful. That means crysis arising. And many other consequences.

If  you have different impression and it's objective you are welcome to express it.

So, I have a question to anyone who'd be so kind to answer : how popular are they in your country? Just as you observe it.

(PS: I'm not sure whether this thread suits "Intellectual discussion". Sorry if I'm wrong!)

arsenka
Theophos View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Theophos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 13:57
If you're referring neo-nazi ideas as in fascim and intolerance, then yes they are still present a little bit everywhere, unfortunately. But I guess people are better informed and educated for those ideologies not to gain influence, or God forbid, power. And Europe is still very much scarred from the Holocaust. Let that serve us a lesson.
"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
--John 14:6
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 14:37
tis a sad day when the youth or people are swayed under such a terrible ideal.
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 14:38
I don't think its so much a matter of them recently getting more popular as them never having really gone away. Some political parties with a neo-nazi connection have reinvented themsevles for a more populist appeal with which they have sought to combine public anxieties with a sense of nationalism, with mixed results (BNP remains a political nobody, but the same can't be said for the Flemish Block in Belgian, though they have recently been disbanded AFAIK). There is also a general dissatifaction in countries that have been dominated by left leaning parties in recent years and the usual response to look elswhere resulting in the proverbial swing to the right, which again, opportunists try to exploit.
Arrrgh!!"
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 14:46
A good question Arsenka. Officiallly, extremists are illegal in Romania. Unfortunately, people of extremist/radical nature, if they are clever enough, know how to use the law in order to hide their ideals.  There are some others, quite a few, that do not conceal what their opinion is. Frankly, I respect these people, not for what they are but for not being hypocrite. The trouble with Romania is that nowadays it would be impossible to really know what the people will like. Most of us are just fighting hard to survive, to live a decent life. Some people are sometimes showing a racist/extremist/radical/nazi attitude but I would rather trust my people that reason will in the end be the victor. I mean, what the hell, we knew what both fascist/nazi and communist absolutism can do!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:26
God, does humanity never learn from past mistakes? I don't understand ho anyone can buy into these racist and extremist ideas

It seems like it's much easier for people to blame certain minorites for their problems than deal with it themselves. It's sad
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:54
same can't be said for the Flemish Block in Belgian, though they have recently been disbanded AFAIK

Yes, it was outlawed after it was condemned for racism. A new party, Vlaams Belang (Flemish Interest) with the same people and same ideas has already been founded. They have about 25% of the vote and their leader (Filip Dewinter) is trying to become mayor of Antwerp next year. Possibly all other parties will have to work together, because Vlaams Belang is the most popular party in Antwerp. Meanwhile Hilbrand Nawijn (a Dutch pm, former member of the LPF and immigration minister for some months in 2002) has founded a think tank together with Dewinter and will start a Vlaams Belang like party. Luckily he hasn't got any significant support.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 16:17
Is Group Wilders still around, i think i heard that it basicly died (havn't been paying much attention though).
And there is already a Leefbare Nederland no? Or are they more local?
Arrrgh!!"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 16:27
Here it's almost impossible that fascists or nazis have any backing. Yet they exist in private levels, tough they work inside the Spanish conservative party mostly.

In Spain proper, they do exist and, again, they work inside the tories. They are mostly nostalgic of Francoist regime though there are racist neonazis as well.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 16:43
there is an icelandic nationalism, but i think you can't compare it with the neo-nazis in europe. you can't find skinheads or other sick people on the streets but i think ideas of the nazis would have a god fertile ground , like in all other countries. xenophobia could be a theme in the future ,cause iceland is now an immigration country cause the economy is growing rapidly.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 16:46
Originally posted by Cywr

Is Group Wilders still around, i think i heard that it basicly died (havn't been paying much attention though).

Wilders is on 2 seats in the poll. He will call his party PVV (Partij van de Vrijheid), but as of yet his party is still called Group Wilders, it is not allowed for pm's who split of from their fraction to name their fraction something else than ' Group [name of the pm]'.

And there is already a Leefbare Nederland no? Or are they more local?

There was a Leefbaar Nederland, but I don't know if they still exist. They got 2 seats in 2002 but lost both in 2003. They weren't really rightwingextremist though, but rather something like populist centrist.
There are dozens of local Leefbaar parties, most of them have no connection with each other, but just used the name because it was popular.
 Post Reply Post Reply