Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nostradamus Prophecies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: ----?----
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [63.33%]
11 [36.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nostradamus Prophecies
    Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 05:20
Azimuth  this is just for fun , who  really knows what  Nostradamus Prophecies  were really all about
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 09:38
Originally posted by azimuth

doea anyone has a pic of how these 666 are supposed to look like as a signe of the antichrist.

That's not Nostradamian. N. doesn't talk of the Antichrist... the closest he comes is to mention a "King of Terror" - who is probably Boris Abramovich.

Most Bible enthusiasts insist that the 666 must be that figure: "six hundred sixty six", not just three 6s together as in the barcode or cabalistically reading WWW. Also in some versions of the Bible 666 must be in Hebrew, and 616 in Greek (other alphabets don't use letters to form numbers).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 08:54
I went with the 'great writing' option since it's been more or less dismissed that Nostrodamus was a prophet of anything except for  the followers who see him that way.   Especially when you've got people coming out after an event has taken place and pointing to a quatrain saying "Look!  Nostrodamus pridicted this."   From that point, it becomes a religious belief rather than a riddle, which I'm certain that many secretly defiant individuals whose harmless pursuits had fallen under the evil eye of the Inquisition were doing at the time.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 10:43
anybody wants to have a laugh check this site out:

http://us.geocities.com/svtmangalore/nostradamus.html
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 14:41
If it's for a good erudite laugh, ok. But the translations given in the site are truly far fetched (they take Asia as India and worse things). Here you have a link where you can check the original in French and English translation: http://www.propheties.it/sitemap.htm

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 17:19

Why was Nostrademus so arrogant to believe that he could reason about time or events that might come - and reason about existence in a universe we hardly know?
Maybe there is an explanation to that.

Newton thought that time was a known factor - an unchangeable unit . Astrophysic has taught us it is not -  time is relative, and we know very little about that fact.
The concept of time we know is manmade - very old, and only valid in a narrow earthly human perspective.
Fur further readings on this I can recommend books by Steven Hawking, ie. "Hawkings Universe"  - a real eyeopener for laymen.

With our limited abilities, we think there are 3 dimensions. What if we still miss to discover and acknowledge 3 more - or 6?
What about the afterlife - if you believe in such. Is afterlife another dimension. Most religions includes an afterlife. When? Where?

The time and the universe is curved (accordingly to Einstein and Hawking)
That implies that all events does not happen along a sequently linear line - but in parallel timeframes (dimensions?)

Having a religious faith makes it very hard to exclude the existence of more dimensions. (Angels, spirits and ghosts has to be somewhere, as well as humans already there)
If we, hence the above, accept more dimensions - could it be possible that Nostrademus and other prophets had a view "over the fence"? - that they had an ability to see what was going on in another timeframe?

I dont know the answer - but would appreciate some reflections on this as I find it closely related to our perception of the past, present and future and thus - human history.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 19:25
Originally posted by Maju

If it's for a good erudite laugh, ok. But the translations given in the site are truly far fetched (they take Asia as India and worse things). Here you have a link where you can check the original in French and English translation: http://www.propheties.it/sitemap.htm

yeh i realised that when i found it, thats why i thought some people (possibly you) would find it funny. It's seriosuly crazy the length's people would go to!

that put together with the idea of us taking on all of Europe
Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 22:17

Prediction. But when he doesn't give a date... how do you knwo what the heck is he talking about? 

Exactlly what I thought...
"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 08:33

I'm normally a skeptic on this type of thing but I ahve to admit Nostradamus is a little too accurate in his predictions for comfort!

Out of the deepest part of the west of Europe                                               From poor people a young child shall be born, 
 Who with his tongue shall seduce many people, 
 His fame shall increase in the Eastern Kingdom. 

He shall come to tyrannize the land. 
 He shall raise up a hatred that had long been dormant. 
The child of Germany observes no law. 
Cries, and tears, fire, blood, and battle.

A captain of Germany shall come to yield himself by false hope, 
So that his revolt shall cause great bloodshed        &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;          Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers 
The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.

Near the Rhine from the Austrian mountains 
Will be born a great man of the people, come too late. 
A man who will defend Poland and Hungary 
And whose fate will never be certain 

This one really unnerved me. He had Hitler to a tee!

And one predicting the 3rd Anti-Christ was a bit ominous too. Especially since he is or wil,be from the Middle East.....

Edited by QueenCleopatra
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 12:20
N. never mentions the Anti-Christ as such. I have some doubts he was even a Christian or Jew in his heart. His sentences are always ambiguous enough "the true religion" and things like that...

He does mention a Tyger from Hyrcania (East Iran or somewhere over there) vexing Spain and "Carmania" (Iran) attacking "Byzantium" and "Venice" but  those aren't any Anti-Christ - unless you want to read it that way. He also makes clear that he's prophesizing for milennia to come.

One things that intrigues me are his mentions to a Pagan sect that will dominate all North of the 48 of latitude. It's nature and destiny is not clear anyhow.

Too many questions and too few answers.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 18:09
I understand, since noone reflected on my earlier post, that noone here is interested in physics, prophets and/or afterlife?
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 18:52
Originally posted by Northman

I understand, since noone reflected on my earlier post, that noone here is interested in physics, prophets and/or afterlife?

Actually it's surely worth a topic of its own in Intellectual Discussion: Time! (not the magazine). I have some good questions for it but feel a little like ranting... it's so hard to grasp.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 19:40

Actually it's surely worth a topic of its own in Intellectual Discussion: Time! (not the magazine). I have some good questions for it but feel a little like ranting... it's so hard to grasp.

Everyone is a little ranting about the issue of time Maju - when we start thinking about it.
Maybe its way beyond our ability to comprehend. But that shouldnt stop us from talking about it. Other issue, we dont understand either, dont!

I'll take your suggestion and copy the post to ID.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 22:17
The reason I don't take him seriously as a prophet is because just about every prophecy he "predicted" didn't make sense untill an event happened and from there you can just assume that's what he said.  He didn't give dates or names.  Everything was said in a sort of poetic form.  The one prophet I take seriously is Edgar Cayce, his prophecies were detailed.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 03:44

The one prophet I take seriously is Edgar Cayce, his prophecies were detailed.[quote]

Do you have a link for them ?

Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 03:55

Wikipedia is quite comprehensive about Edgar Cayce:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 04:56

Greetings,

It seems highly unlikely that Nostradamus was a "prophet" or anything. The methods he has used to write these "predictions" can probably be summed up by the words of James "The Amazing" Randi: "The trick, is to make lots of pronouncements,cage them in ambiguous language and use as much symbolism and allegory as possible.Those who are desperate to believe can then cram into them an almost infinite amount of meaning and truth."  His famous prophecy that is supposed to "predict" the rise of Hitler:

Beasts mad with hunger will swim across rivers,

Most of the army will be against the lower danube.

The great on shall be dragged in an iron cage,

When the child brother will observe nothing

The claim is that, the Latin name for the name of the Danube was "Hister" which sounds like Hitler. Oh well, it is more likely that this predicts the invasion of rabid walruses, whose leader shall be caught and sold to a circus where he will be encaged. Makes one wonder if he was sober when he wrote this stuff, or if he was an extremely smart man who knew he would be able to fool many gullible people into reading his terrible poetry by hiding behind "prophecies"

Edited by Alive
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 16:09
You have to read N. in French and compare it with the English translations, often not too good. This is one of many online sites where you can read N. in both languages: http://www.propheties.it/sitemap.htm.

Your quatrain is actually:

Bestes farouches de faim fluves tranner:
Plus part du camp encontre Hister sera,
En caige de fer le grand sera treisner,
Quand Rin enfant Germain observera.

Beasts ferocious from hunger will swim across rivers:
The greater part of the region will be against the Hister,
The great one will cause it to be dragged in an iron cage,
When the German child will observe nothing.

Germain could be translated as brother? Maybe...

From some notes I worte on the Centuries:

Located quartets:

Century I:

The lost thing is discovered, hidden for many centuries. 
Pasteur will be celebrated almost as a god-like figure. 
This is when the moon completes her great cycle, 
but by other rumours he shall be dishonoured.
Louis Pasteur was indeed considered a very high figure. Discovered the vaccine against rabies and other stuff as polarization of light. The "hidden thing" are no doubt bacteria. Date: c.1860

Two revolutions will be caused by the evil scythe bearer 
making a change of reign and centuries. 
The mobile sign thus moves into its house: 
Equal in favour to both sides.
Probably American (1775-83) and French (1789-99) revolutions, at the end of the XVIII century.

An Emperor will be born near Italy, 
who will cost the Empire very dearly. 
They will say, when they see his allies, 
that he is less a prince than a butcher.
Probably Napoleon. Date 1769-1821.

Pestilences extinguished, the world becomes smaller, 
for a long time the lands will be inhabited peacefully. 
People will travel safely through the sky (over) land and seas: 
then wars will start up again.
XX century.

Rain, famine and war will not cease in Persia; 
too great a faith will betray the monarch. 
Those (actions) started in France will end there, 
a secret sign for on to be sparing.
Islamic revolution in Iran (1979).

The gods will make it appear to mankind 
that they are the authors of a great war. 
Before the sky was seen to bee free of weapons and rockets: 
the greatest damage will be inflicted on the left.
This one seems very clear: religious war damages the left. Date: c. 2000.

Under one man peace will be proclaimed everywhere, 
but not long after will be looting and rebellion. 
Because of a refusal, town, land and see will be broached. 
About a third of a million dead or captured.
Pax Americana? And then revolt! Date: near future.

The tyrant Selim will be put to death at the harbour 
but Liberty will not be regained, however. 
A new war arises from vengeance and remorse. 
A lady is honoured through force of terror.
Selim III (Sultan 1789-1807) was strangled by the conservatives in the Seraglio before the reformists could save him. Nevertheless they managed to place Mehmet II, who attempted to prosecute the reforms but faced strong opposition. He finally massacred the jannisaries but faced Mehmet Ali of Egypt and was defeated. Date 1807 (unless he's talking of Saddam Hussein!).

Century II:

Beasts ferocious from hunger will swim across rivers: 
The greater part of the region will be against the Hister, 
The great one will cause it to be dragged in an iron cage, 
When the German child will observe nothing.
Nazism, Hitler and the Holocaust. Date: 1933-45.

(The 2nd Century is very obscure and seems to be talking about events in the future)

Century III:

He who will attain to the kingdom of Navarre 
When Sicily and Naples will be joined: 
He will hold Bigorre and Landes through Foix and Oloron 
From one who will be too closely allied with Spain.
This seems to talk about Henry III of Navarre and IV of France. He married Marguerite de Valois and took those lands to the house of Guise. Date 1572.

When the greatest one will carry off the prize 
Of Nuremberg, of Augsburg, and those of BБle 
Through Cologne the chief Frankfort retaken 
They will cross through Flanders right into Gaul.
Nazi invasion of France through Belgium. 1941.

The great band and sect of crusaders 
Will be arrayed in Mesopotamia: 
Light company of the nearby river, 
That such law will hold for an enemy.
US invasion of Iraq (2003), and subsequent resistence under a Jordan.

The great Britain including England 
Will come to be flooded very high by waters 
The new League of Ausonia will make war, 
So that they will come to strive against them.
In 1607, large parts of England and Wales was flooded by what might have been a tsunami, though it may refer to a repetition in the future.

The third climate included under Aries 
The year 1727 in October, 
The King of Persia captured by those of Egypt:
Conflict, death, loss: to the cross great shame.
In 1722, Safavid Persia was invaded by Russia and Turkey and faced an Afghan revolt. The Afghans placed their leader Mir Mahmud (Mahmud Ghilzai) as the new Shah. But the legitimate Shah Tamashp II and his general Nadir Qoli Beg defeated the Afghans at Damghan in 1729. In 1732 Nadir deposed Tamashp II and named himself regent of his son. In 1736 he crowned himself as Shah. In 1738-39 he conquered Afghanistan and plundered India.
Also in November of 1727 there was a massive earthquake in Tzariz (Persia) that killed c. 77,000 people.

Century IV:

Thirty of London will conspire secretly 
Against their King, the enterprise on the bridge: 
He and his satellites will have a distaste for death, 
A fair King elected, native of Frisia.
The Glorious Revolution of 1688.

Century V: nothing clear.

Century VI: nothing

I've reached so far.

Actually the 10th century is one of the mos quoted. So I may be missing something big due to my laziness.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:41
 I think he was refering to  Saddam Hussein!)..as the third ati christ,  even in the Bible  relelations its says there wil be 200,000 standing at the river Euphrates. There were 20,000 american troops standing at the river  Euphrates  before going in to Baghdad.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:49

revelation also talks of the seven hills, did you know there were seven statures of Saddam torned down that were standing on seven hills.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>