Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nostradamus Prophecies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: ----?----
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [63.33%]
11 [36.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Thracian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thracian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nostradamus Prophecies
    Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 21:44

A great list of them can be found here in both Eng. and Fr.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nos/

Edited by Thracian
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 01:24
Prediction. But when he doesn't give a date... how do you knwo what the heck is he talking about? 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 07:58
The poll is missing a button for   "heap of junk" 
rgds.

Tom..
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 08:32

The famous french scholar Georges Dumzil wrote a little book: "Le moyne noir en gris dedans Varennes".

He intended it only as a "divertissement" but the reading is very impressive

Theophos View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Theophos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 10:25
I have a large book about the prophecies of Nostradamus, explaining them but giving the original text as well. I'm not trying to demerit the man, but many verses can be translated in any manner you'd want them to mean. That is, interpretation of the verses is the key most of the times, and not the verses themselves.
"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
--John 14:6
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:44
I agree with Teophos. Yet some prophecies are marked with clear dates. for instance Putin's ascenssion seem very clear in 1999: search for that date in the centuries and translate "mars" as march, not planet Mars - keep Angolmois as Mongols (as it's usually translated). 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:53
his predictions on Napoleon and 9/11 were creepy. Remember, he wrote in weird poem-style with anagrams because it was dangerous to be seen as anyone who was trying to predict the future at his time. the catholic church was doing their usual "witch-hunting" at the time. His style of writing gave him the ability to pass his predictions off as stupid poems. 
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:57
i now make a prediction : if you would publish this book today ,you would make a lot of money. first :the book second : the movie: the prediction part I to XI , merchandising : little predictions in boxes or instant predictions ,mix it with water and you will have a hot lunch,  prediction cartoons like muhammed says :  if you will publish it , i will forecast some cutted fingers and so on.

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 21:51
The problem with the "predictions" is that that "predictions" are made after the event has occured.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 00:53
 Nostradamus is right if you read it right. It tells of the earthquakes of Calif( the new city) and of the war between  Abraham sons. 
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 15:50
California is neither a "city" nor "new".
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 16:05
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

The problem with the "predictions" is that that "predictions" are made after the event has occured.

I agree with that. It never says that on this month a major terrorist attack will take place on this place. I'm not impessed when people say Nostradamus predicted 9/11 after 9/11, but I would have been impressed if they gave a (concrete) warning for 9/11 beforehand.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 16:12
& Do we expect WWIII???
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 16:54
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

& Do we expect WWIII???

Yeap. Iran (or maybe Afghanistan) is going to invade Europe (Italy specially) with US permission but the Pagans of Scandinavia will defeat them eventually (or something like that).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 17:15
Really??
Keep ready Maju, We are coming devildevil
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 20:16
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

You said it all. Nostradamus and all futurologists tell more about humans and their anxieties about the future than what is really going to happen. It is simply impossible to know the future because it hasn't yet happened.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 22:09
Originally posted by Voyager

... the future because it hasn't yet happened.

Are you sure?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 22:20
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Really??
Keep ready Maju, We are coming devildevil

I have nothing against Iranians, you know... but a Khomeinist invasion would be scary...

Anyhow N. can be wrong and I can be wrong in my interpretation as well...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 22:57
     Wait, on the website with his predictions, why are they broken up into centuries I-X?
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 00:02
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Wait, on the website with his predictions, why are they broken up into centuries I-X?

"The centuries" are a sequance of quatrains (poems of 4 verses) are organized in 10 centuries, mostly of 100 quatrains each but some with less. Then there are other related or unrelated prophecies.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>