Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peter the Great of Russia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter the Great of Russia
    Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 17:20
Does anyone know one of Peter the Great's quotes? Or just anything that he literally said? Please.... help me out!! I have a project in world history that's due tomorrow and I need one of his quotes...I can't find one....!!! Help!!
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 06:29

Leaving Moscow for his European Tour, confronting a mob outside the Kremlin who didn't want the Tsar to leave:

"Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch."

arsenka View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote arsenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 05:14

Sorry I'm late with answering you in time!

Edited by arsenka
arsenka
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 10:16

Arsenka, is it true that Ivan Grozny had some serbian ancestry ?

arsenka View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote arsenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 02:45
I am not sure about serbian but some Tatar ancestors he really had. Family of his mother Elena Glinskaya were descendants of Tatar Murza who had moved from Orda to the court of Great Prince of Lithuania Vitovt. Chronicles call him Lexad; later he was baptized as Alexander. They say also that Vitovt gave him towns Glinsk and Poltava; that's where their surname came from.         & nbsp;         May be he had some serbian blood in his veins also (the questions of blood are the most complicated and unsure ones)- I just don't have any accurate information about it.

Edited by arsenka
arsenka
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 13:00
Do u happen to know the title of that song Sasha Bely plays on a guitar in that tv series ''Brigada"?Something like  dim, jablan...like:everything passed like the smoke over jablans ( it's a tree-i don't know the english term)...
arsenka View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote arsenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 03:06

Oh, sorry, Socrates, your question has just somehow slipped out of my view!

At the moment I can't remember its title, but I'll tell you as soon as I recall it.

arsenka
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 07:36

"who rules the persian gulf and the warm waters of south , he can rule the world"

sory i don't know the exact verbalisation, this was what i read in a persian history book.

Edited by Maziar
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 04:24
Originally posted by Maziar

"who rules the persian gulf and the warm waters of south , he can rule the world"

sory i don't know the exact verbalisation, this was what i read in a persian history book.

What r u talking about? I was refering to a russian song.You r talking about that...aren't u? U confused me .

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 21:05
Originally posted by Socrates

Originally posted by Maziar

What r u talking about? I was refering to a russian song.You r talking about that...aren't u? U confused me .

Sorry but i am staying on topic. I don't know your song so i can't talk about it.

LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2015 at 19:50
Tsar Peter I declared: "I have conquered an empire but I have not been able to conquer myself."      

Tsar Peter I declared: "I built St. Petersburg as a window to let in the light of Europe."
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2015 at 20:09
Tsar Peter I declared: "It is my great desire to reform my subjects, and yet I am ashamed to confess that I am unable to reform myself."
 Post Reply Post Reply