Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNorth and South Azerbaijans - reunification!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: North and South Azerbaijans - reunification!!!
    Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 21:20
Originally posted by Qajar

"azerbaijan shouldnt even be its own nation, let alone claim land that doesnt belong to them."

Of course in your pars chovinistics dream yes))))....But in reality azerbaijan nation has their own independent state and more over, they were  rulling nation in neighboring Iran for about 800 years))))

that is because azeri's are iranians. they are a part of iran and have always considered themselves iranian.

even the qajari's and safavid's kept the name Persia internationally and Iran internally. they considered themselves just another dynasty in the Persian empire, there was never an azerbaijan as an indepent state.

"IRAN IS IRAN, AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IRAN."

Never read name of Iran in ancient history. I know ancient country named Persia with persian nation whcih has nothing to do with modern iranians, they have different religion, culture, language, art, tradition. The great persian civilization was dead probably 1000 years ago.

for your information, iranians have always called Persia (which is derived from the greek word Persis, which was derived from the Pars province in the achamenian empire where the capital perspolis was located).  Even cyrus the great refered to Persia as Iran.  Iran means "land of the aryans" and iranians have always called Iran, Iran.  Persia is the translation in english, just like germany is called germany in english, but actual germans have always called their land "dutshland".

and when has the Persian civilisation become dead? i believe the ottamon empire used persian as their cultural language.  and never has the persian empire been dead. infact, you azeri's have persian culture, persian religion, and persian history in you.  shia islam is an iranian religion seperate from sunni islam (some sunni's dont even recognise shia islam).  and every iranian dynasty has used the term Persia internationally and Iran within the borders, whether they be turkic, mongol, or persian.

"dont be jealous of our great nation...."

Which nation??????.....persian?, iranian?, modern pars?,kurds?, azeries?.........))))

jealous??))....to whom?...to fundamentalist state?....to exstremist ideology?....to most idiot head of state which any country has in all times????.....to one of the poorest economy in Asia?.....to millions uneducated people????.....to country with no common sence on it's development and future????...to millions of emigrants who struglle to find their identity????....country which was colony of England and Russia in 20th century and then became a puppit state in american hands?????

is this a nation I should be jealous to??????))))))))

remember my friend, turkish nations are always won the battle.

Happy dreams my pars brother))))

things you are probably jealous of:

7000 years of iranian history, only 16 years of history for the independent azerbaijan.

irans cultural, scientific, and historical contributions to mankind,  independent azerbaijan has done nothing.

todays iran, with sanctions, with the political situation, with the lack of investment, with all the hardships, in in the top 20 of the worlds largest economies.

todays iran,  with sanctions, with the political situation, with the lack of investment, with all the hardships, and the lack of cooperation, makes its own planes, ships, satellites, missiles, cars, industrial equipment, military equipment, and commercial products.  Iran is has become self sufficient in food, iran has brought plumbing, electricity, and road (and soon even internet connection) to almost every village in the country! 

so you cannot claim Iran, Iranian land, nor Iranian history.  one day azerbaijan will be united, under irans flag.

turkish nations have always won?

turkmenistan was under iranian control for a long time, as well as afghanistan. and the mongols, after their conquest of iran, eventually became iranian themselves!

WIKIPEDIA:

Persian success at the Battle of Erzurum in 1821, where Abbas Mirza's army routed a superior Turkish force

also, a joint persian and british army defeated an turkish army during WWI.

and persia dominated the ottoman empire culturally while turkish influence in Iran was very low.

more iranian victores over turks, which you claim have always defeated iran:

1499-1508 White Sheep Turks (Ak Qoyunlu) defeated, overthrown by Safavid Persians

1602-1612 Ottoman-Persian War, loss of Azerbaijan, Caucasus area to Persians

1730-1736 Ottoman-Persian War; Azerbaijan lost to Persia

side note to the above: the Ottoman Empire conquered Azerbaijan from Persia, and then Persia reconquered it both times.

1776-1770 Ottoman-Persian War; temporary Persian occupation of Basra

Edited by prsn41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 04:37

Well whatever happened in history has happened, fact remains that Iran will never be split.  Iran is not Yugoslavia/balkans, we don't hate each other.  The first people to resist Azari secession will be Azaries themselves, I can guarantee that, fringe separatists will find etela'at on their ass in an instant and they will be shocked to see that most of them are also Azari.

"Shah Abbas King of Persians"

Persian refers to the whole state, why didn't he call it Azerbaijan? Because he saw himself as the heir to the Persian Imperial throne, he claimed descent from one side to Muhammad and from one side to Khosro Parviz.

When they wrote letters to the Ottomans they signed them "ShahanShah of Iran", the shadow of god on earth.

Edited by Zagros
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:19
Posted: Yesterday at 9:20pm | IP Logged Report Post Quote prsn41ife
Qajar wrote:
"azerbaijan shouldnt even be its own nation, let alone claim land that doesnt belong to them."

Of course in your pars chovinistics dream yes))))....But in reality azerbaijan nation has their own independent state and more over, they were  rulling nation in neighboring Iran for about 800 years))))

that is because azeri's are iranians. they are a part of iran and have always considered themselves iranian.

even the qajari's and safavid's kept the name Persia internationally and Iran internally. they considered themselves just another dynasty in the Persian empire, there was never an azerbaijan as an indepent state.

Quote:
"IRAN IS IRAN, AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IRAN."

Never read name of Iran in ancient history. I know ancient country named Persia with persian nation whcih has nothing to do with modern iranians, they have different religion, culture, language, art, tradition. The great persian civilization was dead probably 1000 years ago.

for your information, iranians have always called Persia (which is derived from the greek word Persis, which was derived from the Pars province in the achamenian empire where the capital perspolis was located).  Even cyrus the great refered to Persia as Iran.  Iran means "land of the aryans" and iranians have always called Iran, Iran.  Persia is the translation in english, just like germany is called germany in english, but actual germans have always called their land "dutshland".

and when has the Persian civilisation become dead? i believe the ottamon empire used persian as their cultural language.  and never has the persian empire been dead. infact, you azeri's have persian culture, persian religion, and persian history in you.  shia islam is an iranian religion seperate from sunni islam (some sunni's dont even recognise shia islam).  and every iranian dynasty has used the term Persia internationally and Iran within the borders, whether they be turkic, mongol, or persian.

Quote:

"dont be jealous of our great nation...."

Which nation??????.....persian?, iranian?, modern pars?,kurds?, azeries?.........))))

jealous??))....to whom?...to fundamentalist state?....to exstremist ideology?....to most idiot head of state which any country has in all times????.....to one of the poorest economy in Asia?.....to millions uneducated people????.....to country with no common sence on it's development and future????...to millions of emigrants who struglle to find their identity????....country which was colony of England and Russia in 20th century and then became a puppit state in american hands?????

is this a nation I should be jealous to??????))))))))

Happy dreams my pars brother))))

things you are probably jealous of:

7000 years of iranian history, only 16 years of history for the independent azerbaijan.

irans cultural, scientific, and historical contributions to mankind,  independent azerbaijan has done nothing.

todays iran, with sanctions, with the political situation, with the lack of investment, with all the hardships, in in the top 20 of the worlds largest economies.

todays iran,  with sanctions, with the political situation, with the lack of investment, with all the hardships, and the lack of cooperation, makes its own planes, ships, satellites, missiles, cars, industrial equipment, military equipment, and commercial products.  Iran is has become self sufficient in food, iran has brought plumbing, electricity, and road (and soon even internet connection) to almost every village in the country! 

so you cannot claim Iran, Iranian land, nor Iranian history.  one day azerbaijan will be united, under irans flag.

Quote:

turkish nations have always won?

turkmenistan was under iranian control for a long time, as well as afghanistan. and the mongols, after their conquest of iran, eventually became iranian themselves!

WIKIPEDIA:

Quote:
Persian success at the Battle of Erzurum in 1821, where Abbas Mirza's army routed a superior Turkish force

also, a joint persian and british army defeated an turkish army during WWI.

and persia dominated the ottoman empire culturally while turkish influence in Iran was very low.

more iranian victores over turks, which you claim have always defeated iran:

1499-1508 White Sheep Turks (Ak Qoyunlu) defeated, overthrown by Safavid Persians

1602-1612 Ottoman-Persian War, loss of Azerbaijan, Caucasus area to Persians

1730-1736 Ottoman-Persian War; Azerbaijan lost to Persia

side note to the above: the Ottoman Empire conquered Azerbaijan from Persia, and then Persia reconquered it both times.

1776-1770 Ottoman-Persian War; temporary Persian occupation of Basra

yeah u forgot timur ,seljuk empires

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yavuz sultan selim ,dont enter

The Ghaznavid Empire was ghost

Qajar dynasty another ghost

and

Shah Ismail was also a Sufi poet. He wrote his poems in Azeri-Turkic language and - to a lesser degree - in Persian. His divan, i.e., the collection of poems he has written with alias Khat'i, remains to this day. Here is a sample from his poetry, which is still popular today.

Azeri original:

Men pirimi hak bilirem,
Yoluna gurban oluram,
Dn dodum bugn lrem,
len gelsin ite meydan.

English translation:

I regard my pir as the essence,
I'll sacrifice myself in his way,
I was born yesterday, I will die today,
Come, if you're willing to die, this is the arena

Edited by merced12
http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 08:35
Originally posted by Zagros

When they wrote letters to the Ottomans they signed them "ShahanShah of Iran", the shadow of god on earth.

Ottoman emperors did also use the title "shahanshah" you can see that in of my posts in AE tavern (to fall of constantinople topic).

Edited by DayI
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 10:06

DayI, I believe they called themselves Padeshah (?) which is almost the same though - my point was that the operative word was Persia (Iran).

Basically what Qajar is trying to say is that Iran was part of a Azarbaijani Empire which is a complete historical fallacy.

Yes, Merced, we know shah Ismail was a Turk, but he was our Turk - that is Turk of Iran.

Did you guys also know that the Safavid Shahs gave Armenians special status and protection?

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 10:41

If Iran gets democratic, Azeris, Kurds and other ethnicities should VOTE, if they want to stay or not. That's the most democratic and sane solution.

If They want to separate then let them, it's their choice not yours to make.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 10:51

Yes, and Assyrians, Arabs and Turkmens in Kurdistan should vote if they want separation, same with Talyshis and Tats of Azerbaijan. Infact the whole region should suddenly vote to become an array of useless competing ethnocentric cupcakes ready for the eating. And why stop there? 

It isn't going to happen. 

I think if 20 million Azeris wanted separation they would have at least a tiny guerilla movement.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 10:59

If Azerbaijan did separate from Iran, their fascists from Baku would start to ethnically cleanse Kurds of the region out just like they have with Tats and Talysh, half of whom have completely lost their language. 

http://members3.boardhost.com/Taleshistan/msg/366.html

http://www.talish.tk/

http://www.factbites.com/topics/Talysh

These people need to be saved and liberated.

At least Iran broadcasts in Kurdish and Azari and does at least a little to help preserve the languages.

Another thing for Qajar, Pahlavi wasn't even a Fars, he was Gilaki.

Edited by Zagros
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 11:27

DayI, I believe they called themselves Padeshah (?) which is almost the same though - my point was that the operative word was Persia (Iran).

They had many titles padishah, hakan (khan), halifeh, shahanshah, kayser-i Rum (means emperor of the romans), sultan, etc etc

I'll post the famoust letter (if i find it ofcourse) that whas written by Suleyman the magnificent to the French king He begon with "Me the khan of Turks, the emperor of the romans, the sultan of Bagdad, the king of Pontus, etc etc he had written more then 20 titles and finished with "and who are you, king of franks?"  

Did you guys also know that the Safavid Shahs gave Armenians special status and protection?
 Ottoman gave them protection too, there where many pasha's, sadrazam's, viziers who where Armenian of origin.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 11:28

It isn't going to happen. 

I think if 20 million Azeris wanted separation they would have at least a tiny guerilla movement.

It reminds me funnily enough of when i was suddenly quite ill from numerous ailment after return from a trip abroad. After a prolonged episode i went to the doctor and complained, that i have suddenly got all these problems which i have never had before. I have never had a history of any medical problems.

He had replied with ac sarchastic smile: "Dont worry son we all have to start somewhere".

Moral of the story is: History has to start from somewhere.

U shouldnt rule things out.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 11:41

Thanks for the info DayI.

Mal, so perhaps, they would have to get out of government rally their community together and get supplied arms from abroad; take down their lifestyle ten pegs.  Like I said, what many people overlook for propaganda reasons is the fact that Azaries are everywhere in Iranian society, from military to intelligence to the very height of government.  Infact, you know, often the governers of the Ostans are Azari, because central government feels it can trust them most.

Same with Arabs and Shia Kurds (in local government), our defense minister is an Arab.

Iran doesn't discriminate on ethnic grounds like I said, it discriminates on religious grounds, i.e. being Shia.  And of course there is the fact that it represses anything it deems unislamic, equally, be it Persian, Kurdish or Azari.

What about Baluchis and Pashtuns of Pakistan, I believe they have been waging an armed struggle for decades now.  They should be reunited with Afghanistan.

Poor Persians, they have not even run Iran for 1400 years and they take all this flak about being chauvinistic, etc.

KarimKhan Zand was a Lor and Pahlavis were Gilaki, Iranic but not Persian , just like me.

Edited by Zagros
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:18

"Yes, and Assyrians, Arabs and Turkmens in Kurdistan should vote if they want separation, same with Talyshis and Tats of Azerbaijan. Infact the whole region should suddenly vote to become an array of useless competing ethnocentric cupcakes ready for the eating. And why stop there?"

How many arabnations are there? And Turkmen? Assyrians are to FEW, what are they going to do? I want them to have their country.

Kurds have wanted to separate for atleast 80 years, and how many lives haven't we lost in our tries to get free, huh? It PISSES ME OFF, when you compare us with groups who haven't DONE A sh*t, for freedom, when we Kurds have lost hundreds of thousands of lives to get free. DO NOT COMPARE US WITH AZERIS. OR ASSYRIANS WHO HELPED SADDAM. THEY WERE HAPPY TO BE "CHRISTIAN ARABS". And Saddam enjoyed to kill Kurds.

WE DON'T WANT OTHERS TO CONTROL US, THAT'S FACT. Give us one big opportunity and we'll take it, The Sunni Kurds in Iran won't blink for a second, and we'll separate from Iran, another fact.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:22

Zagros

Hey..I am not saying that they should or they shouldn't. But where i differ from u is that i don't underestimate the destructive force of Nationalism(Not the exact term but one that probably best fits the sentiments i am referring to). Remember Lawrence of Arabia, young turks. Humans become very fickle when aroused with primitive instincts.

The number of pathans in Pakistan that have served it in important posts is too many, to mention. The first C&C in history of Pakistan was pathan. In Pakistan's history the only time that heads of all forces have been form the same ethnic background,have been pathan. The heads of ISI have been pathans. The architects of the nuclear program were pathans notably Abdul qadeer khan & Ishaq khan

Khan Abdul Wali Khan indeed had proposed the idea for a separate homeland. It initially gained strength from other emotional pathans, but then fizzled away.

Baloch, too are an indispensable part of the army and like other communities created Pakistan through their own efforts. The Prime minister jamali was a bloch. Read below.. 

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/person.asp?perid=P085&Pg= 2

chronology of events

http://www.humsafar.info/1947.htm

Also note that after partition, in the immediately ensuing war over Kashmir with India the tribes didn't take advantage and create pakhtoonistan, they marched with whatever at hand and freed all the land that is now Free Kashmir.(Azad KAshmir)

What is a serious concern is Musharrafs attitude and the upset it is causing in waziristan. He is spoiling the sanctity of the lands of the tribes that he should least mess with. In fact Jinnah went to great lengths to earn the confidence of the waziris, who's land were surrounded by garrisons of troops from the imperial age. One of Jinnah's acts was to remove these garrisons immediately.

There has been NO armed struggle for decades! Complete fallacy!. There has been minor trouble in Baluchistan periodically but the politics of that have totally different dynamics.

The calls for unity are usually by the bronze age afghans living in Afghanistan.

_____________________________________________++__________

Hence the communities in Pakistan created Pakistan and forged a common identity based on religion, similarities in culture and so forth.

Communities in Iran did not fight and sacrifice together to create the country of Iran as it exists today.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:26

yes well, as you say don't under estimate the force of nationalism.

Cent, based on your argument, we can just send any Turks who want separation off to Rep Azerbaijan and any Kurds to Kurdistan ( Northern Iraq) since it is self governing.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:28
No, Because Kurds in Iran, has also fought for independance, also the ones in Turkey. Do you see Arabs in Kurdistan fight?
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:33

KURDS are brave and should have their own homeland. Their seperate homeland is long over due. Chechens too.

There is a theory that they are still paying the price of Salladin, in the form of the deliberate dividion of their land amongst Four different countries by the colonialists.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:36

yes well, as you say don't under estimate the force of nationalism.

I am glad u agree.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 14:03

I am also a Kurd. but i dont see a future with a little ethnocentric (and increasingly racist) state.

Lol what are you talking about? Iranian Kurdistan wasn't divided up by anyone, you can see it as part of iran since the medes, the first iranian dynasty. The notion that Iranian Kurdistan was divided is as much a fact as the assertion that  Azarbaijan was divided.

When Stalin came to Iran he created these myths 60 years ago,  he set up Pishevaris puppet state and the puppet state of Mahabad, bboth communist and with no base of support.  they even had the communist Soviet uniforms to boot.

And the Kurds aren't even one people.  Turkish Kurds are different to Sorani Kurds of Iran and Iraq - Iranian Fayli Kurds are different,  Hawramani Kurds are different, Zaza and Dimli are different, none of the languages are mutually intelligible, if Kurdistan was divided by teh colonialists into four countries not 100 years ago, then you would thinkt hat at least all of them would be able to understand each other?

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 14:10

Zagros, what are you talking about? I talk to Kurmanji Kurds all days, even Fayli, and we understand eachother. There is no problem.

It is you who make them different.

"And the Kurds aren't even one people."

Thanks, good job man, your starting to sound like a facist Turk. Hope your happy... If a person feels his Kurd, then he is, its not you who will decide that.

I've lived in Sweden for 14 years now, and I know swedish perfect. And i can tell you that there are swedish dialects that nor I or other swedes UNDERSTAND. Still they are SWEDES. Living in the same country, having the same culture and history, and KURDS HAVE THAT TOO.

Edited by Cent
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 14:24

Nonsense. I am not stupid I am from that area and I know for a fact the languages are not mutually intelligible.  Soranis can't understand kermanshahis and we are the closest to them. And No one can understand Gorani. The difference between Sorani and Kermanji is the same as the difference between Farsi and Sorani.

I have been in the same room with kermanjis and Soranis and they spoke with each other in ENGLISH.

Fascist? That is a joke, I am just stating the facts.  Fascist would be calling all Iranian peoples the same, wanting to make a standard language for them all etc (this is what Kurdish nationalists want to do for all of the different branches of Kurd, to legitimise their claims of being one people because right now they aren't).  even if iran falls, you will neevr get your hands on my Kermanshah, not as long as there are Kermanshahis who know their roots and history.  And if it does fall into foreign hands, I will personally go back and fight for my land and people.

And I don't make up the differences, linguists do.

And I am sure if you sat a Kermansji and farsi down together they would be able to make each other understand eventually.  I can undertand a lot of sorani because my ears are trained to it.

Edited by Zagros
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>