Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uyghur culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghur culture
    Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 15:42
Azeris don't look like Turkmens at all.

Stereotyping and putting people into such categories is racist and ridiculous, all TUrkmens don't look identical and neither to Azeri. I'd like to point out that many Azeri Turks look the same as Turkmen's. You think Turkmenbashi looks so different? he wouldn't look foreign in Azerbaycan or Turkey.

I initially though you were either joking or weren't able to express yourself properly but now that I've realised you were actually being serious in thinking Turkmens of Turkmenistan look like Aliens compared to Turkey and Azerbaycan Turks its time you discovered that actually they look very similar.

The pictures above are all people of Turkmenistan, none of them would look foreign in Turkey of Azerbaycan.

By the way, I've been to Turkey before. My uncle and lots of Central Asians live there. It's, worldwide, accepted, and everybody knows Turkish people look differnt from that of Turkmen of Central Asian.

No its not Universally accepted, Turkmens don't look very different to Turkey
Turks, Kazak and Kirgiz Turks do but Turkmens don't. 

All I'll say is, only some Turkish people would accept this. Turkmens even don't count people from Turkey as Oghuz. Let alone for Azeris. Now you may say Turkmens are wrong. But, Turkmens would say the same thing to you.

Well guess what I know many, many Turkmens they all accept Azeri and TUrkiye Turks as Oguz even Turkmenistan officially recognises this. Who were the Ottomans? yep from the Kayi branch, the Seljuks, AkKoyunlu, KaraKoyunlu, Atabeks, Beyliks, etc etc....Turkey Turks are Oguz and presserved their Oguz heritage.

You are not a representative for Turkmens, you arn't their voice, so stop speaking on behalf of them and trying to get people against Turkmens. Turkmens are loved and very respected in Turkey, some imposters like to play games to stop, soon they'll realise that they can't change facts. There are many of the Legendary 24 Oguz in Turkey, they carry the same names, have the same motives and stand-bearers in their Kilims, share the same tradditions. Go visit the Tahtaci in Turkey and the Tahtaci in Turkmenistan for example.

Its funny that such individuals can find no place on Turkmen and Ozbekistan forums and end up getting booted off and laughed at for trying to divide people, spread lies and thinking there the sole representation of millions of people.

It would be better for you to stop being so patronising, nobody here attacks Turkmens, calls them fake Turks, wannabe's, that there not accepted by Turks, that their mixed with other's and because their not pure we don't like them etc...... but all you do is attack Uygur, Kazak, Azeri...etc..Turks, create petty arguments to degrade them with and try to provoke them so they then attack Turkmens.

Please stop telling people who they are, what they can and can't be and pretending your the sole voice of all Turkmens including those outside Turkmenistan.

Everybody speaks well of Turkmens here no other Turks say anything bad, Turkmenistan is a beautiful people and what makes it even better is the people. Stop all these petty arguments.

Edited by Bulldog - 06-Sep-2006 at 16:15
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 01:27

You're trying to teach me how we look? THIS is rediculous. And the women you provided are Kara Kalpak. I'm Central Asia. A Turkish guy might not be able to distinguish; but I'm a Central Asian.

Everyone's here posting pictures of 'qul' Turkmens. Obvious they don't look like 'igi' Turkmens.

I've had enough. It's finished for me. Dream in your thoughts. By the way, don't tell me what to do, alright?

Edited by gok_toruk - 07-Sep-2006 at 01:43
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 01:31

Vambery:

Uzbek tribes:

Kungrat - Kiptchak - Khitai - Manghit - Noks - Nayman - Kulan - Kiet - Az - Taz - Sayat - Dgagatay - Uyghur - Akbet - Dormen - Oshun - Kandjigaly - Nogai - Balgali - Miten - Djelair - Kenegoz - Kanli - Ychkili - Bagurlu - Altchin - Atchmayli - Karakursak - Birkulak - Tyrkysh - Kettekeser - Ming
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 02:46
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Vambery:

Uzbek tribes:

Kungrat - Kiptchak - Khitai - Manghit - Noks - Nayman - Kulan - Kiet - Az - Taz - Sayat - Dgagatay - Uyghur - Akbet - Dormen - Oshun - Kandjigaly - Nogai - Balgali - Miten - Djelair - Kenegoz - Kanli - Ychkili - Bagurlu - Altchin - Atchmayli - Karakursak - Birkulak - Tyrkysh - Kettekeser - Ming

They are Qipchaq Uzbeks, you ......., they are nomadic, They only comprise a small part of Uzbeks. we are talking about settled Turkic people.

Either make a history or become a history.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 02:55
Originally posted by gok_toruk

You're trying to teach me how we look? THIS is rediculous. And the women you provided are Kara Kalpak. I'm Central Asia. A Turkish guy might not be able to distinguish; but I'm a Central Asian.

Everyone's here posting pictures of 'qul' Turkmens. Obvious they don't look like 'igi' Turkmens.

I've had enough. It's finished for me. Dream in your thoughts. By the way, don't tell me what to do, alright?

Central Asian? Central Asians look different from each other.

It is not enough for you to split Turks as real Turks and fake Turks? You are splitting your own nation Turkmans. Just because your mother is Qipchaq? I already told you, Turkified mongol rulers in Central Asia became aristocrats and they were called "Igi" after mongol conquest. 

Either make a history or become a history.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 07:14

I can't believe this, their not "Kara Kalpak" who arn't at all different to Turkmenistan people's anyway. They are Turkmens from Turkmenistan I even put in a picture of the poster of Turkmenbashi. You think your the only "Central Asian" or the only person that knows Central Asian. The people are not robots and weren't made on a proccessing line, there are different looking Central Asians, its like saying all Blacks or White Europeans look the same, to an outsider many look similar but they have differences aswell.

Stop trying to divide even the Turkmens in Turkmenistan, there is no such racism and prejeduce from one Turkmen to the other. Stop trying to create it.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 13:07
So you're right totally when it comes to settled Uzbeks.They, surely, were consisted of tribes; but you're right when you talked about Qashqarlyq (I mean where people belong).

Well, we've talked about this before on 'igi' and 'qul'. You MIGHT be right (as I MIGHT be, too); but we use 'igi' as pure Turkmens (those who've remained Mongoloid) and 'qul' to point to Turkmens who mixed with Iranians and have big eyes.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 13:14
The Turkmen girls you've shown are called 'qul' Turkmens which aren't Mongoloid. I'm not the only Central Asian; but I'm the only Turkmen here. Ask ANY Turkmen about 'igi' and 'qul' and you'll get your answer. It's not a ranking as you might think. It doesn't even affect one's position. It' just a classification we've got to show who's original and who's not.

You can't fool people by the picture you've provided (the women in red dress) and claiming their Azeris. You dont' know anything about the clothes different tribes here wear.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 13:19
Why don't we finish it here? None of us are able to convince the other. At least, I can't accept a KaraKalpak as an Azeri.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 15:06
The Turkmen girls you've shown are called 'qul' Turkmens which aren't Mongoloid. I'm not the only Central Asian; but I'm the only Turkmen here. Ask ANY Turkmen about 'igi' and 'qul' and you'll get your answer. It's not a ranking as you might think. It doesn't even affect one's position. It' just a classification we've got to show who's original and who's not.

They're Turkmen, whatever you say they're people of Turkmenistan who feel and are Turkmen. There are hardly any Turkmens who look identically like Mongoloids, many have both Mongoloid and Caucosoid features as do especially Ozbek-Uygur Turks and also to a lesser extent Turkey-Azeri Turks.

How can you categorise people into original and not, hardly anyone can be fully ethnically pure its a simple matter of statistics just think about it. Go back 100-200 generations can you tell me that all your millions of relatives were all 100%Pure Turkmens. Even go back 30-40 generations and try to tell me your totally pure.

Plus taking into account, Turks were never racist in history and didn't even care about it to much, people could become Turks, and Turk men were
able to marry foreing woman whose children would be Turks and accepted as Turks.

Is Turkmenbashi a fake Turkmen? what right do you have to call people "real" and "original"
somebody could come here and say, "GokToruk" is an imposter Turkmen, he's not as pure as he says
he's a Second Class Turkmen and so on..... what right does anybody have to tell you what
you are, who you can and can't be.

Those pictures are images of Turkmens shall we look at more.

Here below are TUrkmen noble's

These people do not look alien to Azeri, Turkey, Ozbek or Uygur Turks they look
similar.

You can't fool people by the picture you've provided (the women in red dress) and claiming their Azeris. You dont' know anything about the clothes different tribes here wear.

I never claimed they were Azeri Turks, I clearly stated that they were all Turkmen of Turkmenistan.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:21

Having the right or not, that's the classification all Turkmens have got. Please, don't try to tell me how my people look. When I talk about Azeri people, you say you don't know, so don't speak. How come you expect I accept your words about Turkmens looks? You just search on the net and find a few picture wich most of them are 'qul' Turkmens.

I told you, and as Barbar stated, this is not the place to talk about who's original and who's not. I'm about to open a new thread to explain why I think Azeris and Turkish people are not the same as Turkmens. So, don't reply here. Come on there.
the-UNBANNABLE View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote the-UNBANNABLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:56
gok_turk my lovely brother, how is your study in iran?
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:59

Hi there. I suggest using messenger or pm, or else I think you're going to be banned for trolling.

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote the-UNBANNABLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 16:04
don't worry my brother, i will use msn.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 16:30

Having the right or not, that's the classification all Turkmens have got. Please, don't try to tell me how my people look. When I talk about Azeri people, you say you don't know, so don't speak. How come you expect I accept your words about Turkmens looks? You just search on the net and find a few picture wich most of them are 'qul' Turkmens.

I told you, and as Barbar stated, this is not the place to talk about who's original and who's not. I'm about to open a new thread to explain why I think Azeris and Turkish people are not the same as Turkmens. So, don't reply here. Come on there.

Do you think your the only Turkmen here, the only one that know's anything about Turkmen, Turkmens are not racist and don't divide the people into "fake" and "original" Turkmens!

Besides, thankfully now these silly archaic ideals of "race" which has been used to ridiculous extents in this section is being tackled by the Admin, so we wont have to read such nonsense about "racial" purity, this race that race, etc etc  as much anymore.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 16:38
Do you think you live in Turkmenistan? Or know everything about Turkmen (this is exactly the sentence I can tell to you)? I can site back and move my head and say 'no, you're wrong'. Come to Turkmenistan. Ask any Turkmen about 'igi' and 'qul'. You're not a Turkmen.

I'm not racist. I just say there are two groups of Turkmens; one Mongoloid and the other Caucaid. Is that racism?

Edited by gok_toruk - 08-Sep-2006 at 17:09
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote the-UNBANNABLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 17:07
bulldog, i am just curious, since you like jews so much, are you a sabaatist in turkey?
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 17:11
How can you divide it so simply, so black and white, nothin is so simple, are you suggesting that nobody is mixed? most Turkmen's have Mongoloid and Caucosoid features, in other words Turcosoid. But such terms are not reliable, realistic and are very flawed, people's ethnicity/Nationhood is not determined by "race", what race are we anyway were all humans theres no different types just adaptations to different regions.

I didn't say your a racist, however, your spreading an idea about "real" and "fake" Turkmens, this ideal is racist, derrogotory and patronising. You should be proud that Turkmens are loved and people feel attached to them in the Turkic areas West of Turkmenistan. This isn't an insult or attack, its a compliment!

bulldog, i am just curious, since you like jews so much, are you a sabaatist in turkey?

I never knew that NOT hating Jews was a crime, or that not hating Jews makes
you a Jew. I'm not in Turkey and am not a "Sabaatist".

Edited by Bulldog - 08-Sep-2006 at 17:14
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 17:14
Oh, you're just repeating (and making me repeat) the same sentences.
All nations mixed, but has not changed totally. A european has remained european looking. What you're suggesting means, Turkmens (as themselves belive their original ones are Mongoloid) have become completely different to look Caucaid. You may say Turanoid, but not totally caucaid. By the way, just look for tribes like Salyr, Saryq, Qochuq and you'll see if they're Mongoloid or Turanoid.

Among Turkmens, it is believed the original ones are Mongoloids (I don't mean like Mongols, you know very good). Now, you want to question a whole nation's beliefs and traditions?

Edited by gok_toruk - 08-Sep-2006 at 17:19
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 17:24
Ofcourse original Oguz Turkmens would have been predominantly more "Mongoloid"
in features, as they migrated from near East of the Altay region. However, Turks
were never racist and allowed others to join the tribes and become Turks and
accepted as full Turks as "race" wasn't a big issue, it was the heart that countedWink
So the more mixed Mongoloid Caocosoid Turkmens today should not be considered
"fakes" they should be accepted and respected for what they are which is Turkmens.

There are Blonde haired, Black haired, Darker lighter Europeans aswell, there are
some which look Arab, or definately mixed with Black Africans some which are very Blonde.
Its the same with all nations. 

Edited by Bulldog - 08-Sep-2006 at 17:27
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>