Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uyghur culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghur culture
    Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 23:09
Originally posted by aakhonba

What are the main problems that East Turkistanis have today?

You can find out more from this web site: http://www.uygur.org/

For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 23:12

Originally posted by OSMANLI

One who knows Turkish will be amazed as to the similarity of then numbers.

Not just the numbers, if you study their language you'll find many many more similarities.  I'm a Turkish speaker and am practicing Uygur, I love how many similiarities there are in our two dialects.

For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 11:13

Hi Feramez,

Interestingly,I am a native uighur speaker,same feeling with you,I have not foud language problem when i go to turkish market here in germany.Even in mosque I can have an overall idea what Turkish imam is saying:-)

ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 13:52

all the problem is on the script, even if its latin i dont get it

But songs are ok...

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:42
Originally posted by DayI

all the problem is on the script, even if its latin i dont get it

But songs are ok...

Understanding the Latin alphabet is easier than listening to someone speak.  I hope to learn their official Arabic script soon.

-Ziya Gokalp-
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 20:43
Originally posted by oghuzkb

Hi Feramez,

Interestingly,I am a native uighur speaker,same feeling with you,I have not foud language problem when i go to turkish market here in germany.Even in mosque I can have an overall idea what Turkish imam is saying:-)

Hey nice to meet you. I'll be going to East Turkistan this August, again, but this time I'll be living there for a couple years.  Where in East Turkistan are you or your family from?

-Ziya Gokalp-
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 14:06
Originally posted by Feramez

Hi Feramez,

Hey nice to meet you. I'll be going to East Turkistan this August, again, but this time I'll be living there for a couple years.  Where in East Turkistan are you or your family from?

oh really,happy for you,I am sure you will see lot things,hope you will enjoy there.

I am from a countryside close to Ghulja city

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 15:03

Hi Feramez,

wow faramez, great man. Maybe you and Oghuzkb gonna be neighbours
Dont forget to highlight us here, exspecially me with pics and such.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 01:05

Hi Feramez,

oh really,happy for you,I am sure you will see lot things,hope you will enjoy there.

I am from a countryside close to Ghulja city

When I was there for 3 weeks that summer I saw so much, especially since one of my tour guides was an Uygur.  He wasn't afraid to tell me and show me the truth.  But I'm sure with me staying there for a couple years I'll see a whole lot more, some great stuff and some upsetting stuff.  One question, and please be honest...me being a Turk, how will I be treated there while living there?  When I was visiting I was treated great by the Uygurs when they heard I was a Turk, but that may be just because I was there temporarily.  Would it be the same?  I think it will be but I just want to be sure, since I know many Turks in Central Asia have a little dislike towards Turkish people because of Turkeys governments political views.

-Ziya Gokalp-
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 01:12
Originally posted by DayI

Hi Feramez,

wow faramez, great man. Maybe you and Oghuzkb gonna be neighbours
Dont forget to highlight us here, exspecially me with pics and such.

I'll hope to post many pics, I'm planning on doing so in my forum.  But there's a problem.  Because of Chinas censorship I may not be able to access my forum or this forum, this is why I'm privatly planning on making a certain person moderator of my forum.  I hope I wont have to do this because I put so much work and time into it, it'smore than just some internet forum to me and the members.  We're working on actual projects to spread Pan-Turkism and everything. Anyway, don't want to get too much off topic now.

-Ziya Gokalp-
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2006 at 07:54

One question, and please be honest...me being a Turk, how will I be treated there while living there?  When I was visiting I was treated great by the Uygurs when they heard I was a Turk, but that may be just because I was there temporarily.  Would it be the same?  I think it will be but I just want to be sure, since I know many Turks in Central Asia have a little dislike towards Turkish people because of Turkeys governments political views.

For sure it would be same.The reason is almost all uighur people who knows the current situation know turkish people are on our side(supporting our independence) whatever the government political view.And most of us think its good for us if one foreigner lives with us,at least who can see what is Uighur people suffering at present.If you go to countryside,all the people are so friendly ,they dont care where you from or where you livin.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 22:13

I have always wondered why the uighur dont get much media coverage, maybe because they are not jewish.

But we need more stuff on Uighur culture on this forum, like arts and music, pics etc.

Edited by malizai_
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 20:09

One question, and please be honest...me being a Turk, how will I be treated there while living there?  When I was visiting I was treated great by the Uygurs when they heard I was a Turk, but that may be just because I was there temporarily.  Would it be the same?  I think it will be but I just want to be sure, since I know many Turks in Central Asia have a little dislike towards Turkish people because of Turkeys governments political views.

For sure it would be same.The reason is almost all uighur people who knows the current situation know turkish people are on our side(supporting our independence) whatever the government political view.And most of us think its good for us if one foreigner lives with us,at least who can see what is Uighur people suffering at present.If you go to countryside,all the people are so friendly ,they dont care where you from or where you livin.

That's good to know.  Most of the people I know are in Ghulja and Kashgar but I think I'll be in Urumqi.

-Ziya Gokalp-
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 21:58
My friends that made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaCjHHinz4 which was posted in this forum not too long ago, have made a new video.  This one goes more into the treatment they recieve by the Chinese Government.  It's too long of a file to upload here and there is no web address for it yet so if you want to see it, private message me with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.  It's something you should all see.
-Ziya Gokalp-
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 02:07

Here you go everyone, the link to the new video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-792517247752322711& amp;q=uyghurwolf&pl=true

Let us know what you think.

-Ziya Gokalp-
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 06:49
Really touching,and I know the truth is much worse than this...
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 10:59
You're right, I have personaly seen some worse.
-Ziya Gokalp-
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 11:41

Osmanli, I had the privilage of touring this wonderful mosque you posted all by myself on one spring day. Its beautiful.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 19:57
Cattus, I was at that mosque too.  You're right, very beautiful and big inside.  Unfortunatly, I forgot the name of it.
-Ziya Gokalp-
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 20:59
It is the Emin Mosque, built in 1778 of sun-dried brick and is still in exellent condition. Only the floral minaret was closed off to me because of age but it seemed strong. It was designed by a Uygur architect named Ibrahim.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>