Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uyghur culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghur culture
    Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 07:06

Uyghur culture has evolved as a result of significant confluence of geographical, historical and religious factors over a two thousand year period. Geographically the Uyghur have always been at the very centre of eastern and western cultures. Originally nomadic their settling at the hub of the historic Silk Road routes which ran through present day Xinjiang brought to them the eastern and western influences of China, Europe, North Africa, Russia, India and other areas, all going into a fantastic melting pot that became the Uighur culture of today.

Uyghur culture is a rich lifestyle centred around the family, food, dance and music. Uyghur architecture, particularly their religious architecture is quite fine and as reflective of a glorious past.

Uyghur religion has also played a major part in Uyghur culture and has has evolved through several transitions including Shamanism, Manachaeism, Buddhism and even Christianity before Islam became the predominate religion. Each has added indelibly to the richness of Uighur culture.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 02:07

i found 2 distinct kinds of Uyghurs. One looks like Chinese or mongols, only a little darker, another kind looks like  middle east or Arabs. The speak the same language.

they may live together for thousands of years. how could they look so different. i am a chinese from east china and all people there are same

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Online Status: Offline
  Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 19:51

Hi turkish delight

Are u aUyghur? and what is that blue flad?

Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 02:09
its weird. here in bosnia there are also  some people who look sort of mongol like, including myself. People here in america always think that im from some asian country or that one of my parents is white and one chinese/japanese. But its really rare. i only know me, two of my cousins, and one of my friends who currently lives in canada who look asian. the rest of the bosnians ive met mostly all look slavic-italian like.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 04:12

Malizai_ that flag is the flag of Eastern Turkistan . Home of the Uygur Turks!

Baret Haci (is he famous?) protesting

East Turkistan is currently under Chinese occupation

The Uygur culture is similar to the Oguz Turks (Turkey, TRNC etc)culture since our nomadic fathers of past lived along with them in Central Asia. Even their language is very similar.

The Uygur Turks are the only Turkic people to keep the beutifull Arabic script as their alphabet (in some ways very similar to the old Turkish script used for a thousend years by the Ottomans and Seljuks):

One who knows Turkish will be amazed as to the similarity of then numbers.

The Uygurs for a brief while due to Chinese presure also made a Latin equivelent to their alphabet, however after they were allowed to resume with the previous script. Many consider this a move to have a whole generation that are unable to read in their native language.

Above: Uchqun Mosque

Mosque in Turpin, Eastern Turkistan

Edited by OSMANLI
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 04:17

Originally posted by Bosniathebestcountry

its weird. here in bosnia there are also  some people who look sort of mongol like, including myself. People here in america always think that im from some asian country or that one of my parents is white and one chinese/japanese. But its really rare. i only know me, two of my cousins, and one of my friends who currently lives in canada who look asian. the rest of the bosnians ive met mostly all look slavic-italian like.

I too have seen Bosnian and infact Kosovans that look Central Asian. Iam not sure as to why, although a logical reason could be that for hundreds of years Central Asians have been passing from Eastern Europe. An example of such include the Huns, Bulgars and then these areas came under Turkic rule (Ottoman). Perhaps it would be best to open a topic on this, very intersting indeed.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 09:46
I think there were ottoman garrison in the balkans, constituting turkica and caucasion soldiers. The rest we can work out cant we.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 08:30

Turkish Delight,

What do you mean by Uyghur religion? Is there any religion called Uyghur religion?

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 12:07

In reply to the original question, there were campaigns led by the arab armies accompanied by persian soldiers.

758 tang dynasty force under the abbasids. Lushan rebellion. arab/persians(20000)

801, Nanchao kingdom in Yunnan against tibetans. arab/sogdians(20000)

1070-1080. Northern Song Chinese. arab and accompanied soldiers persumably persian.(15000)

supposedly a lot of them stayed behind and settled. Therefore it may be concieved that there have been intermarriages since.

Edited by malizai_
aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 03:01

does anyone know who was the last ruler of kashgar before the communists.

thank you

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 16:20
[QUOTE=aakhonba]

thank you

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure When he left Kashgar,his name is Toemur,ruled Kashgar the 1930s.

ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 16:26

Here is a vidio ,condensed show about Uighur culture,check it out...

click here please

aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 06:43
Originally posted by oghuzkb

[QUOTE=aakhonba]

thank you

I am not sure When he left Kashgar,his name is Toemur,ruled Kashgar the 1930s.

do you his origin or last name

[/QUOTE]
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 07:35

do you his origin or last name

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Sorry .I did not get you.You mean where was he from?If so,he was from Turfan.Toemur is his first name I guess,last name is Mehmud.
aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 04:36

are you from kashgar?

Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 06:57
One of the National heros of Eastern Turkestan Osman Batur.

aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 23:34

What are the main problems that East Turkistanis have today?

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 15:35
Originally posted by aakhonba

are you from kashgar?

No, I am from northern part,but I am quite familiar about it.

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 16:09
Originally posted by aakhonba

What are the main problems that East Turkistanis have today?

The most problem is assimilation. Instructional Uighur language has already banned in Universities and high schools in cities( by the sudden policy from chinese central government in 2004).Now its going to elementary schools.Religion practice of students and workers is not allowed through Eastern Turkistan,this law has become very strict since  the Ghulja demonstration in 1997. Colony movement depending on  Niccol Machiavelli s theory has been going on.By 2050,government estimate 400 million chinese from inner china will be setteld down East Turkistan.And then thousands years of Uighur culture will die out,cause 50years experience told us that almost all chinese settlers dont respect our mores,habitudes,customs.They only tend to assimilate us due to severe cultural clash.

Consequence is high unemployment rate and poorness among Uighur and other minority groops.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 23:07
Originally posted by oghuzkb

Here is a vidio ,condensed show about Uighur culture,check it out...

click here please

This video was made by an Uygur in my forum.  I'm glad to see it being recognized and gain popularity outside of my forum.  I'll let him know, I'm sure it'll make him happy.

For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>