Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran’s flagbearer back home after carryin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran’s flagbearer back home after carryin
    Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 11:46

He went to the Olympics to just show his racial hate against Israelites, however he is not guilty because if he fought against that Israelite fighter then Mullahs would cetrainly kill him!

http://www.athens2004.com/en/LatestNews/newslist?oid=b063330 3c695ef00VgnVCM4000002b130c0aRCRD

ATHENS, 13 August - On the day of his proudest moment when he carried his country's flag at the Opening of the Athens Olympic Games, Iranian double world champion Arash MIRESMAEILI withdrew from the Olympic Competition on Friday.

The judo draw on Thursday evening put MIRESMAEILI into his first bout against Israel's judoka Ahud VAKS in the under 66 kilogram competition.

Iranian team officials said MIRESMAEILI did not want to fight in a competition against Israeli fighters as he sympathised with the Palestinian cause.

The Iranian sources have confirmed that the major favourite for the Olympic title under 66 kilograms will not even compete for the repechage with a chance for a bronze medal.

In the past, other Iranian judokas have declined to fight against Israeli athletes.

At the Judo World Championships in 2001, Mahed MALEKMOHAMMADI of Iran didn't want to fight Yoel RAZVOZOV of Israel.

In 2001 Masoud HAJI AKHOUNDZADE (IRI), at that time Asian Champion, didn't fight Israels lightweight Zvi SHAFRAN.

boody4 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote boody4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 12:02
In my opinion, I think this is kind of sad, because the message behind the Olympics is sportsmanship with no racial or cultural barriers. I probably don't understand this conflict as well as Middle Eastern peoples, but I think if you're going to show your political beliefs in a neutral sport competition, you shouldn't even show up at all. But, that's my opinion.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 12:40
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

He went to the Olympics to just show his racial hate against Israelites,

As far as I can judge it from reading the article, he hasn't any racial hate against Isrealites. Supporting the Palestinian Cause doesn't make you an anti-semite.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 12:45

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

He went to the Olympics to just show his racial hate against Israelites,

As far as I can judge it from reading the article, he hasn't any racial hate against Isrealites. Supporting the Palestinian Cause doesn't make you an anti-semite.

No, but it misses the idea with the Olympics, or at least what is pretended to be the idea. As said, it should be free of politics, and even arch enemies should sportsmanshiply compete against each other. I wonder if that worked better during the original games...

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2004 at 12:36
Really sad.  I heard that in original olympics, even wars would stop...and everyone would concentrate on what was going in on in the olympics...
Grrr..
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 15:19

Jeez lets all follow in this guys footsteps and stop watching the news or reading newspapers because thats all ran by Jews anyway. And lets also all move out of the U.S. because its an Israeli colony.

I dont know, its a funny situation, im all for a Palestinian state and i dont exactly love Jews to death....but his approach to the situation has little to do with the cause.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 10:48
thank you ArmenianSurvival for a lovely comment. I'm glad that you have a wonderful opinion.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 18:19

Calm down, i dont look down upon Jews, i just said i dont love them to death.

And the truth isnt always wonderful, just ask your Palestinian brethren.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 02:02
They are, if anything, our far-distant cousins. And I dont need to ask them what I feel in reality.
Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2004 at 13:04
Jews and Arabs are semites. Your as close lingustically and genetically as two people could be.

Dari is a pimp master
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 05:04
$125K reward for Olympian who wouldn't fight Israeli, If I was instead of him, I would also refuse to face that Israelite!
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 06:05
for $125k... i agree with you
 Post Reply Post Reply