Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trinity what is your doctrine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Christians please only what do you really believe?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [66.67%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trinity what is your doctrine
    Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 22:48

Originally posted by hugoestr

Stop trying to weasle your way out of this one.

The problem is that you only want a certain category of people to answer you. That is the problem.

Maybe I should just post an annoucement saying that any of those exclusive polls are null under intellectual forums. That everyone is allowed--No, encouraged--to participate in any poll that excludes participation.

Why do you keep jumping his case about this?  Eaglecap posted a companion thread to this one inviting non-believers in the Trinity to post their remarks.  Besides, there is a good discussion and dialogue going on in here that has not degenerated into a mudslinging battle.

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 03:33

I voted for it. I believe in it. It was decided by the Fathers of Nicea and Constantinople. I do not, however, condemn those who disagree with it. While I do believe that they are wrong--very wrong--, I believe that too much anger already exists.

-Akolouthos

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 07:20
The doctrin of trinity also exists in other religions, from which it was derived in Christianity probably
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
The Gypo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote The Gypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 08:01
lol...sunday school comes in handy sometimes...

in Coptic Orthodoxy, the Holy Trinity is the co-essential concept of God:

The Father : The Pantokrator
The Son : Logos and Saviour
The Holy Spirit: The Paraclete (comforter, spirit dwelling in those of the faith)

We recite the Nicean creed in every mass and prayer...it will describe it better than i will

" Trully we beleive in One God, the Almighty God the Father, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages; light out of light, true God out of true God, begotten not made; consubstantial with the Father, through whom all things came into being. He descended from heaven for us and for our salvation, and was incarnated from the Holy Spirit and of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

He was crucified for us at the time of Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried; arose on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended to the heavens and sat at the right hand of the Father; He shall also come in His glory to judge the living and the dead, of whose kingdom there will be no end.

Trully we beleive in the Holy Spirit, the Life-Giving Lord, who proceeds from the Father, we worship and glorify Him together with the Father and the Son, who spoke in the prophets.

And in one, holy, universal and Apostolic Church; we acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen."

Edited by The Gypo - 11-Oct-2006 at 08:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123