Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Y chromosome test results (surprising)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Y chromosome test results (surprising)
    Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 08:42
Could anyone explain what's going on here?Why r your results so special, Zagros?I only ran across all these data-i'll read them properly later...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 09:09
They arent "special" just thought to be unusual, though not unheard of, in Iran.  I expected mine to be either M9, M89 or even M173 (R1a), so that is why I am surprised that it is R1b. 
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 10:32
Originally posted by Miller

Originally posted by Maju

Guess it's not the most common type in Iran, is it?

I am not sure if there has been an extensive enough study done to say it is or it is not common, but Zagros is the 3rd Iranian in this study I have heard that his this type

According to some material that has been posted, R1b (typically but not exclussively Western European) is just about 8% among Iranians. Here there is an article on Iraqi genetics which says that 24% are R, with most of them (15%) R1ab.

R1b is also present in many other communities, particularly among Ossetians, in that area.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 10:44

Bearing in mind that the region was under Iranic domination for over a millenium, it makes sense.  Many Iraqis have Iranian origin surnames, and you could get by speaking Persian in Baghdad up until 50 years ago.  That is not to mention up to 20% of the population are also Kurdish.

rudeboy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote rudeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 12:07
Originally posted by Zagros

A lot of the theories on the Genogrphic map are outdated and in some cases false, so take it with a grain of salt.
Quetzalcoatl:
Quetzalcoatl
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 15:48

Bearing in mind that the region was under Iranic domination for over a millenium, it makes sense.  Many Iraqis have Iranian origin surnames, and you could get by speaking Persian in Baghdad up until 50 years ago.  That is not to mention up to 20% of the population are also Kurdish.

But R1b is not IE/Aryan of origin... it must come from Europe or belong to the remnants of its (unclear) dispersion.

R1a can be a IE marker in Europe but in Asia, aprticularly in India would be indifferent, as it seems original from there.

I would like to contast those data for Iraq, anyhow.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 16:16
I have done some research on R1b and it seems its origins are far from clear, like the guy above said, NGs map is based on recent, but still out of date information as it seems geneticism is a rapidly advancing science. I have come across mentions of it being East Anatolian Caucasian in origin.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 21:54
It all depends when you are looking at. It's quite clear that first men entering Europe (or at least Western Europe) had R1b, wherever they came from. Typically it's been assumed that R1b would have travelled via the steppes, as its relative R1a is frequent there, but I rather think it came via the Balcans and Near East.

The origins of R1a and other R haplogroups seem to be in South Asia, along with most of the Eurasian lineages. It's possible that R1b also came from there. Alternatively, we have the Near East and even Africa - in Northern Cameroon there are some RxR1 (R excepting R1) lineages that are at least curious.

But, even assuming that the migration wave into Europe (via Near East most likely) left a track of R1b all the way and even in some branchings, it is still typically Western European and I imagine that a careful study of sublineages would show more clearly its trajectory.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 07:19

i would like to know what kind of chromosomes i have. Why do i look so oriental i always wondered. me AND one of my closest cousins who looks so much like jet li? im from bosnia, its in the balkans. the balkans have had many tribes who passed through. Im manily suppose to be slavic...but why do some slavs look aryian and some dont. Have the serbs and the croats merged with the avars who basicly seperated us from the rest of the slavic tribes most likely the russian ones because our language is the most similar to theirs than any other slavic language and we moved south into the balkans therefore becoming the southslavs Yugoslavia. Then the ottoman turks invaded us, thats why my first name is trukish now and i am muslim. Are the ottoman turks decendentents of the mongolians who also invaded eastern europe? the tatars.

Bascicly im just asking somebody to anwer if they could these questions that are bothering me, somebody who really knows alot about mongols and easter europe, the turks, well educated in this cuz im dumb...lol well confused actually...cuz ive heard alot of things but i kind of have difficulty connenting the dots. Does anybody actually know who we really are and how many tribes have mingled with each other? even the scientists? are they just assuming a bunch of theories or are is there concrete proof about any of this? 

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 09:58
It's quite possible that your ancestors intermarried with Turks.And I don't believe u look like jet li .I saw  some bosniaks with oriental features ( as well as serbs, croats, slovenians,macedonians...)-but nothink like proper orientals-the most common trait seem to be slanted eyes-in a more or less exaggarated form.As for the avar rule-maybe someone more competent could give us a clue.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 15:07
Could be Huns or Bulgars too.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 23:55
Partly slanted eyes are not uncommon among Caucasoids, particularly Eastern and Northern Europeans. This fact brought me once to speculate that original Indo-Europeans were partly Mongoloid... but it can well be also due to natural variation within the very diverse Caucasoid branch, which anyhow is genetically pretty close to Mongoloids (Northern Asians). 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 07:29

Could be Huns or Bulgars too.

Yes, but it was a long time ago...and our friend from Bosnia says he's rather oriental looking...so by today, oriental traits should  be more subtile.So, in my oppinion, he should look in his family tree - i think he had some turkish ancestors. 

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 07:31

Originally posted by Maju

Partly slanted eyes are not uncommon among Caucasoids, particularly Eastern and Northern Europeans. This fact brought me once to speculate that original Indo-Europeans were partly Mongoloid... but it can well be also due to natural variation within the very diverse Caucasoid branch, which anyhow is genetically pretty close to Mongoloids (Northern Asians). 

What about narrow eyes?Do they mean anything in particular?I saw some Prussian nobility photos-they all had them.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 07:50
Not sure what you mean by "narrow eyes": small and wide eyes are universal and, in my opinion, have little to do with genetics but they rather express the soul and reflect astrological traits. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 07:55
Narrow in the sense of being closer to the root of the nose...not wide or small.Explain the soul reflection part...
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 04:52

its not me who looks like jet li, its my cousin. the shape of his skull/head mostly actually, but also the face, eyes, nose, mouth too. my cousin is much more blonde than jet li though. hes got blonde eyebrows, light brown hair and green eyes and hes tan.

Me on the other hand... i have pale skin and very dark hair and eyes. When i was a kid people called me little bruce (like bruce lee). not so much now when im older i dont look that much like him but i still look oriental more than anybody thats related to me or an average white person. Except my jet li lookin cousin. Youre right, somebody from my family could be of turkish ancestory, but most turks in turkey dont look asiatic at all. their skin is darker and they look more greek.

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 05:02
Maybe it's a ''leftover''-from ancient turkic genes...there's no other explanation (IMO).
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 06:47

who the hell knows. i guess the only way to find out is to do those Y chromosome tests. How do you do those? do you just ask your family doctor for that?

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:41
Originally posted by Socrates

Narrow in the sense of being closer to the root of the nose...not wide or small.Explain the soul reflection part...

Never mind. Just ranting... I believe that the face can express the soul but's too little esotheric for this topic.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>