Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Y chromosome test results (surprising)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Y chromosome test results (surprising)
    Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 11:53

M343 - R1b

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 11:55

edit: just found additional info.

Edited by Zagros
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 12:06

Guess it's not the most common type in Iran, is it?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 12:11
About 5%, if your pies are to be believed.  I was supsicious at first until I found a proper HG genome breakdown.  I can explain this by Alani (ArdAlan) settlement in my region after the Hunnic invasion, either that or it's true that we used to be same as Germans.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 17:45
Intersting

Wow!!
You are very slow!!
How do you travel??
after 20000+ years arrived to Iran & after 40000 years you entered to Scotland

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 17:48
What is the web site for this - pm me this Zargos please!
It looks interesting
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 17:51
Spencer Wells is from National Geographic, yes? Did you do their genetic test?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 17:51

That is from my personal login, you can access the info from this site though, just click on the atlas of the human journey, one of the top tabs.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Intersting

Wow!!
You are very slow!!
How do you travel??
after 20000+ years arrived to Iran & after 40000 years you entered to Scotland

or very fast

Edited by Zagros
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 17:53

Originally posted by Herschel

Spencer Wells is from National Geographic, yes? Did you do their genetic test?

Yes I sent off the kit about 3 months ago, mine needed quite a bit of additional testing, according to them.

Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 18:01
Do they like ethnically "clean" people? Or could a mutt like me with Irish, German, and Norwegian blood do that also?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 18:04

what?!

loool

no, it is just your paternal line, it will tell u where it came from, depends where your fathers line goes back to, but for those ethnicities, it is like 85% likely you will be R1b too. 

I have maternal ancestry from central, northern and western iran, that is about as 'muttish' as irish, german and norgske combined, probably even more so, given a place like Iran.

Edited by Zagros
Mangudai View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Mangudai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 18:40
I've heard of this project and find it very interesting as I'm very interested in genealogy. Perhaps it would be an idea to participate...
Nu guhk go mis leat meahcit, de lea mis dorvu dn eatnam alde

Ossfok i s kringest sturwekster sttliger. Summer v kulluma i riktit finer!
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 19:12
Guys, this is impossible, when a people is specially mixed (like in USA) there isn't one line, there are many lines...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 19:38

there is only one paternal line, however u want to look at it.

your father, your grandfather father, your great grandfather, somehwere along the line mine was carrying r1b apparently.

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 20:33
That is, you only can search a minimal portion of your genetical history, if in the past a german, celt, alan, arab and italian was mixed, you can see without doubt the line of males in your father side... Interesting
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;   
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 04:00

Originally posted by Maju

Guess it's not the most common type in Iran, is it?

I am not sure if there has been an extensive enough study done to say it is or it is not common, but Zagros is the 3rd Iranian in this study I have heard that his this type

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 04:15

Originally posted by Ikki

That is, you only can search a minimal portion of your genetical history, if in the past a german, celt, alan, arab and italian was mixed, you can see without doubt the line of males in your father side... Interesting
         &n bs p;          &n bs p;          &n bs p;          &n bs p;   

This is not about how mixed or pure someone is.  The fact is that at some point a man with r1b came to North Western Iran and married with indigenous women, and I am his direct descendant, his line was never broken.  That is, no one (such as arabs, turks or mongols for example) came and killed him then took his wife, or his daughter and procreated.

This is not a purity of race test, it is a lineage test.

Miller, where else did u hear or see of Iranians with this marker? It would be interesting to know where in Iran they are from.

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 04:51

One is from north eastern Iran I am not sure were the other comes from. They identify themself as Persian

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 04:51
does this mean your greek?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 08:29
Originally posted by Miller

One is from north eastern Iran I am not sure were the other comes from. They identify themself as Persian

Then the Alan root for me is unlikely, if it is distributed so widely, it must predate the Alans, any other major migration to the area which could have brought it would be Medean or Persian. 

Leo, I am not sure what the major Greek HGs are but I don't think r1a or b are among them.

Edited by Zagros
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>