Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paradise Found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paradise Found
    Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 15:02

Source: The Jerusalem Report

In a lush valley beneath an extinct volcano in northern Iran, groundbreaking British archaeologist David Rohl claims to have found the site described in Genesis as Eden. And while there's no shortage of skeptics, several leading experts are more than intrigued. 

"The Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and placed there the man whom He had formed..." "A river issues from Eden to water the garden, and it then divides and becomes four branches. The name of the first is Pishon, which winds through the whole land of Havilah. The gold of that land is good; bdellium is there, and lapis lazuli. The name of the second river is Gihon, which winds through the whole land of Cush. The name of the third river is Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates." Genesis 2:8-14. 

The route: From western Iran, north through the Zagros mountains of Iranian Kurdistan, down Mt. Sahand, and into the fertile Adji Chay valley. 

Do you believe these things?

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 15:05

Corn mazes used to build the first man accordingly to the Popol Vuh were found in Yucatan

Hi Cyrus, just joking,Pal.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 15:32
'Paradise' or Eden has often been placed in that general area, in fact I think even my old encyclopedia states something like that.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 15:44
I wouldn't doubt if the biblical patriarchs could trace their descent to that region. I mean Abraham was from Ur wasn't he? It seems very skeptical to assign eden to a particular place. Do you have flaming sword bearing angels in Iran now Cyrus? If you ask me it'll never be found because it is a mythical place. Besides why do we need to find Eden when we'll all eventually end up in Paradise.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 17:55
Hmmm...I don't think Eden is of this world...at least in my opinion...because there would be an angel with a flaming sword guarding the area...
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 19:35

Now i know where all that talk about "Garden of Eden in Armenia" comes from... according to your map its in ancient Armenia, present-day Iran. But, i watched a video in college about Iraq, since it was the site of the first civilizations, and the narrator said its the site of the Garden of Eden. Its debatable... theres many sources which agree with Cyrus's map, and some skeptics that have different but nearby locations such as Iraq.

But one thing i strongly disagree with on the map. The location of Noah's Ark was not on Mt. Judi Dagh, it was on Mt. Ararat. It says so in the Bible.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 19:42
I think Eden is where humans first started farming, so in that general region.
Arrrgh!!"
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 19:53
I would tend to think Eden represented more so the bliss of man's ignorance before he partook of the tree of knowledge, and not so much an actual place.
Member of IAEA
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2004 at 20:13

I would tend to think Eden represented more so the bliss of man's ignorance before he partook of the tree of knowledge, and not so much an actual place.

For the primitive man, a paradise is simply a place where all his basic needs are provided. It could simply be a placed where food is abundant , the weather is  pleasant and the place give them protection against predators.

That Eden myth is pure nonsense though.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2004 at 03:52

One of the most beautiful parts of Iran which of course is not in that "Garden of Eden", is the Heyran (astonishing) road in Ardabil, many peoples from various parts of the country come here just for driving in this area!

Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2004 at 22:40
I am inclined to believe it.  I met David Rohl at a seminar last January, though he didn't talk about this theory there; instead he talked about the ideas in his first book, "Pharaohs and Kings."  My understanding is that he put Eden right where modern-day Tabriz is.  To answer the questions ArmenianSurvival posted, Rohl believes Iranian Azerbaijan and Kurdistan used to be part of ancient Armenia (in the time of Tigranes, anyway), so you can say the Garden and the Ark are in Armenia and still be correct.  He picked Judi Dagh for the place where the Ark landed because he thinks the Moslem account of the Flood is more accurate.  I'd show you the page where he explains that (it has something to do with the fact that the strange Yezidi sect lives near Judi), but unfortunately his website was taken down at the beginning of this year.

Now can somebody explain to me the second map Cyrus put up?  I don't see what places named Solomon's Throne and the Seven Gates have to do with the Garden.  Perhaps it's some Islamic or Zoroastrian tradition?
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2004 at 23:39

Ya, ive always wondered where those Garden of Eden claims in Armenia came from. I always used to think it was an unjustified claim, but i guess researchers agree too. The land around lake Urmia, including Tabriz have been Armenian lands on and off for centuries upon centuries, including as you said the time of Tigranes the Great.

About Judi Dagh/Ararat, if you somehow find another website about that i would appreciate a link. The evidence has to be pretty damn concrete for him to take that word over whats written in the Bible. Afterall, hes using the Bible for almost every other aspect of his research. I have also read many articles about many researchers that claim pieces of Noah's Ark are still somewhere buried inside Ararat. I read of one researcher that actually claimed the whole Ark is in there! lol, that one is too far-fetched.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
maersk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote maersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2004 at 00:41
paradise=namibia, an american making a macdonalds salary could live like a king there, and namibia is one of the least troubled and most economically advanced african countries.
"behold, vajik, khan of the magyars, scourge of the pannonian plain!"
SJI Lasallian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SJI Lasallian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2004 at 03:12
It would be the 'greatest discovery ever'...if it is ever proven true.
"I adore in all things the will of God in my regard" -- Saint John Baptist De la Salle (final words)
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2004 at 10:58

Now can somebody explain to me the second map Cyrus put up?  I don't see what places named Solomon's Throne and the Seven Gates have to do with the Garden.  Perhaps it's some Islamic or Zoroastrian tradition?

In early Islamic period everything which was magnificent and grand was attributed to Solomon the Prophet, Takht-e-Suleiman (Throne of Solomon) was in fact the famous Sassanid fire temple of Azargoshasb which was destroyed by the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius.

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2004 at 13:02
Well, of course it won't be easy to estabilish with enough certainty that that was the exact place. Yet I agree with the majority here, that has a certain likelihood.
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2004 at 09:20
The Bible doesn't say that the ark landed on "Ararat", but rather that it landed on the "mountains of Ararat".  In this case the biblical location is not specific.  What is meant is that the ark landed on the mountains north of ancient Assyria and south of Lake Van.  The "mountains of Ararat" were the "mountains of Urartu".
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 05:00
Okay, I'm back.  What I neglected to say in my last post is that for nearly four years I have also been a member of the New Chronology group at Yahoo!, which discusses David Rohl's books and ideas.  You have to apply for membership to access any of the messages/files at Yahoo! Groups, but in most cases that's a quick formality.  The Group's home page is at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewChronology .

Second, David Rohl used to have a website at Nunki.net, where he posted his theories and recent magazine articles. It was taken down early this year because it badly needed updating, and the new site hasn't appeared yet. However, the articles ArmenianSurvival wanted to see are currently visible (in text-only format) right here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewChronology2/files/DavidRohl /

The ones he is looking for are entitled "Mountain of the Ark" and "The Road to Paradise." I hope that helps!

Edited by Berosus
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2004 at 13:15

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

There no such thing as the garden of eden, but if theres some Oasis in a Biblical area people will just asume its their mystical hinterland as the silly sheep they are.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2004 at 06:23
Originally posted by maersk

paradise=namibia, an american making a macdonalds salary could live like a king there, and namibia is one of the least troubled and most economically advanced african countries.

Did you ever see a hilarious South African film called "The Gods Must Be Crazy?"  The Bushman who is the main character of that story thought the Kalahari Desert was Paradise, until he found a coke bottle. (LOL)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>