Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish Professor: Muslims Discovered Ame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish Professor: Muslims Discovered Ame
    Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 03:58

i don't think there were some turkish guys on board ,but impossible is nothing.

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 04:02
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Originally posted by Komnenos

I hereby proudly claim that the German people did not
undertake the first European exploration (or discovery) of the American
continent, did not participate in its initial colonialisation and
therefore not be held responsible for any subsequent events.

wrong:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didrik_Pining

I never heard of this story, but it is quite obviously nothing more than a nasty rumour.
The Germans are innocent.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 22:00
Piri Reis mentions St. Brendan on his map, clearly this proves the Irish got there first.
Arrrgh!!"
Thracian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Thracian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2006 at 02:19

This is ridiculous; the sequence of events, conserning discoveries, are:

15000 years ago - Asiatic peoples move into the Americas through the Bering Strait (next to Alaska)

1000ad - the Vikings get to North America

and ofcourse 1492 with Columbous.

All of these have rather simple, and logical explanations.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2006 at 03:14
When I opened this thread I thought is was going to talk about the moroccons or at least Mali, or the andalucean jews showing columbus the way. Or the top Chinese Admiral in the 1421 fleet who was a muslim. I didn't think turkey.

I can say one thing with confidence. Lots of people have been to america. Columbus wasn't the first. Ericsson wasn't the first, the chinese weren't the first, the morroccans weren't the first. If someone told me that the great sengalise empire of 6000BC was trading with the americans, I wouldn't even blink an eyelid.
Come on guys, build a ship, add sails, get blown to the west Indies.
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2006 at 12:38

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

When I opened this thread I thought is was going to talk about the moroccons or at least Mali, or the andalucean jews showing columbus the way. Or the top Chinese Admiral in the 1421 fleet who was a muslim. I didn't think turkey.

Any stories of Morroccans or Malians have not been proven (even though I know no such stories). And andalusian Jews are not Muslim. Besides, those involved were Portuguese Jews. The Chinese admiral sailed in charted seas and any evidence that he sailed to America is so far, shaky.

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 00:06
Andalusian Jews, Portuguese Jews same difference. I usually say Portugese when I'm talking about Christians, after the reconquista, and andalusian when I'm talking about muslims or jews in iberia. Besides andal is just vandal, with an accent.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 02:03
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

First we get Europeans saying they discovered it, then CHINESE, now the freakin Turks discovered it???

Hello!?!?!?! the native americans were there first. It was not really discovered, because there were people already living there!!!!

well it's much better to call today's Americans "the discoverers" rathern than "the invaders", don't u agree?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 07:04
Originally posted by Cywr

Piri Reis mentions St. Brendan on his map, clearly this proves the Irish got there first.

He says that he was living on a whale... just like the Irish myth...

What does that prove?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 05:41

Personally I discovered America in 1969.

Everything else is hearsay.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 09:35
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Cywr

He says that he was living on a whale... just like the Irish myth...

What does that prove?

Bah, the so-called whale was clearly a submarine!
Arrrgh!!"
Nart_Saga View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Nart_Saga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 15:32
Originally posted by Loknar

The Vikings actually discovered it. The Chinese and Turks certainly did not.

The 'natives' simply walked there across Siberia so they also could be said to have discovered it.

Actually, the 'natives' may have killed off an original people (kennewickman)

I disagree (starts researching) , 

--sounds silly...--  

excluding Native Americans Viking were there first.

I wonder if they commit any genocide against Natives but on the other hand I think Natives probably kicked their butt if they even tried it!

Nart_Saga View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Nart_Saga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 15:38

Okay here is a rumor: Ancient Egyptians had contacts with Native Americans...

I actually had seen a tv program was quite intresting:

Firstly the pyramids but more convincingly it was discovered that egyptians used tabacco when making mummies... but it goes on and on in the end there were native Americans there and even before that there were actually these weird guys made of single cell were there in the first place.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 15:54

it doesnt matter what the turks say, what the chinese say, or what the portugese say!

as long as we are talking about america being discovered by the east (europe, asia, etc... excluding the native americans), it was the vikings that first discovered it!

i dont even know why we still give the credit to columbus.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Nart_Saga View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Nart_Saga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 15:59
Originally posted by prsn41ife

Because he was Jewish?

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 17:57
Originally posted by Nart_Saga

Because he was Jewish?

yea..... OR because his discovery brought changes on a gigantic scale.

BTW, though Columbus wasn't a Jew, one of his translators was. *historical tidbit of the day*
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 18:06

A question:

had the ancient natives of America discovered the rest of the world? had they known at least Africa, or had they never left their continent? I have read somewhere they may brought some Africans to their Continent.

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 19:47
Originally posted by prsn41ife

Because he went thinking about rich kingdoms and then return and say to the world, guys there across the sea there are land!!! And then many others went across the sea to see those lands.

As you see, the vikings was not very talkative

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 21:27
your right america was never dicsovered, the indians were already here
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 23:36
I claim Armenians were the first to discover America, even though they were landlocked...

Edited by mamikon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>