Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

East Asian Cities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sino Defender View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Asian Cities
    Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:44

Hong Kong, China:

The high rise building at Hong Kong's waterfront looks like a space rocket ready to take off at night.

Victoria Bay is the most famous and main bay in the fifteen baies of Hong Kong. Motor boats in the foreground, Hong Kong shows off her waterfront closely packed urban buildings.

They plunge down the tracks in bright daylight with the distant residential high rise buildings as the backdrop.

Tokyo, Japan:

Avenue in Shinjuku. Tokyo, Japan

Crowded crossing in Ginza shopping district. Tokyo, Japan

Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan

Shanghai, China:

At night, Pudong casts a golden glow upon the river.

Pedestrians in the city Bund and the opposite Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the Pudong New Area, Shanghai

Queer historical buildings, broad street along the river

Beijing, China:

Seoul, Korea:

Osaka, Japan:

Guangzhou, China

Sun Yat-sen's famous spirit "The Whole World as a Community" penetrates each visitor's heart.

Night on the Zhujiang River.

Western style buildings in Guangzhou

Hainan Island, China

Enjoy the sea under mushroonlike summerhouse on the beach, Sanya

Sheraton Sanya Resort in Asian Dragon Bay (Yalong Wan), Sanya.

The Asian Dragon Bay, with blue sea, azure sky and verdant trees, is called 'natural outdoor bathing place'.

Guilin, China:

Mist wreathed over the landscape, Li River, Guilin

The skillful use of lighting shows the limestone formations to their best advantage. Here the reflections of the stalagmites in the still water of the underground lake resemble the waterfront of a modern city.

The morning mist and the reflections in the still waters of the river give the scene an ethereal  atmosphere that has inspired both poets and artists over the centuries.

Harbin, China:

Annual Ice Lantern and Snow Sculpture Exhibition in Zhaolin Park

The St.Sophia Orthodox Church, among many Orthodox churches in Harbin,is the most impressive and imposing with its typical Byzantinesque structure.

"Ice Sacred Way"

Xian, China:

Steps show the grandeur of Emperor Huangdi!

Being the biggest square in Asia, this squre possesses the biggest music fountain in the world, surrounded by architecture imitations of Tang Dynasty(618 - 907).

The Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses are the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century.

Edited by Sino Defender
"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:50
These are nice pictures.. I really would like to visit either China or Japan some day, yet I think with me knowing almost none of these languages, it would be hard for me to do so.But perhaps I will meet a native chinese or japanese man and become friends, then we can visit the country and he could show me around and translate
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 22:10
     China is unreal, man. Guilin looks very mystical, and Hainan is beautiful. All the cities look amazing, too.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Sino Defender View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 22:30

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

China is unreal, man. Guilin looks very mystical, and Hainan is beautiful. All the cities look amazing, too.

Guilin has been famous for its nature since ancient time.

"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 22:29

Acturally, I have some better pictures about Guilin. If you want I can post some. ps: I am a photographer and tourism marketing manager. lol. I'd love you talk about this    . If you come to China, personally I don't suggest you go to Herlbin. There is dangerous.

flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 22:47
Originally posted by ATLAS

If you come to China, personally I don't suggest you go to Herlbin. There is dangerous.

Where is Herlbin? Or are you talking about Harbin? I heard it's beautiful. It's nicknamed "Oriental Moscow", isn't it?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2006 at 23:39
Originally posted by flyingzone

If you come to China, personally I don't suggest you go to Herlbin. There is dangerous.

Where is Herlbin? Or are you talking about Harbin? I heard it's beautiful. It's nicknamed "Oriental Moscow", isn't it?

yes, it's Harbin. There is beautiful indeed. I highly suggest you go to Dun Huang, ػ in Chinese.  A arts and oriental religion museum, on the Silk Road.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2006 at 06:22

Acturally, I have some better pictures about Guilin. If you want I can post some. ps: I am a photographer and tourism marketing manager. lol. I'd love you talk about this    . If you come to China, personally I don't suggest you go to Herlbin. There is dangerous.

POST MORE PICTURES!!
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 13:42
Realy those pictures are something special, mind blessing and extra-ordinary realy good job done dear keep it up by updating.

Post Reply Post Reply