Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why invincible Mongol Empire was defeated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mameluke View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mameluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why invincible Mongol Empire was defeated?
    Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 08:04

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Drunt Ba'adur

The Mongol Empire, broke up because of infighting after Genghis Khans death. The various mongol Khanates, were often never defeated but gradually blended into the conqured populations. The last fragment of the mongol empire, the Mughal Empire was overthrown in 1857 by the British.

I think the last 'mongol heir'(and that would be very doubtful) died a few time later. It was a sovereign of Bukhara or some city near there

and I think that we shouldn't consider Babur dynasty a heir of Mongol Empire

When did the Russians get control of Central asia? Oh, wait, Bukhara was a dependency until soviet times so your probably right.
Babur and his decendents always considered themselves Mongols, and at the time of conquest Indians considered Babur to be a mongol. I just put a big post on the thread about the maps about it.

Actually I beg to differ. The word Mogul is actually a misnomer. It is simply Persian for Mongol and the Moguls always considered themselves Turks. Although to us they are both the same, in those days a sharp distinction was made between them. The Turks always considered themselves more civilized and spoke a different dialect from Mongols proper. Babar himself belonged to the Turkish Barlas tribe.

Mameluke

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 17:40

nobody is invincible. it is ridiculous to say so.

the mongols were defeated because they got greedy, fought each other, and after ghenghis did not have a good enough leader to keep them united and strong.

the romans used to claim they were invincible to, but they got defeated many many times. no one is invincible.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 03:46
Originally posted by Mameluke

Originally posted by Drunt Ba'adur

The Mongol Empire, broke up because of infighting after Genghis Khans death. The various mongol Khanates, were often never defeated but gradually blended into the conqured populations. The last fragment of the mongol empire, the Mughal Empire was overthrown in 1857 by the British.

I think the last 'mongol heir'(and that would be very doubtful) died a few time later. It was a sovereign of Bukhara or some city near there

and I think that we shouldn't consider Babur dynasty a heir of Mongol Empire

When did the Russians get control of Central asia? Oh, wait, Bukhara was a dependency until soviet times so your probably right.
Babur and his decendents always considered themselves Mongols, and at the time of conquest Indians considered Babur to be a mongol. I just put a big post on the thread about the maps about it.

Actually I beg to differ. The word Mogul is actually a misnomer. It is simply Persian for Mongol and the Moguls always considered themselves Turks. Although to us they are both the same, in those days a sharp distinction was made between them. The Turks always considered themselves more civilized and spoke a different dialect from Mongols proper. Babar himself belonged to the Turkish Barlas tribe.

Mameluke

Babur wanted to reconquer timurs empire and rule from samarkand. Thats pretty Mongol. The truth is probably more along the lines he was both a turk and a mongol. I don't think the distinction could have been that sharp after 300 years of intermixing.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 11:36
There was also the spread of bubonic plague, with devestating effects.
Maljkovic View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Maljkovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 11:15

Maybe because it never existed? Ghengis did conquer the nomadic areas and had begun the attack on China, but all later expasions were of his sons and grandsons who had khanates of their own.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 12:55
Was Khwarezm nomadic area?
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 02:54
Maybe because it never existed? Ghengis did conquer the nomadic areas and had begun the attack on China, but all later expasions were of his sons and grandsons who had khanates of their own.

The Mongol Empire was a single empire under a single Great Khan until 1259. At that time, almost all of the conquests had been completed, except for Song China.
tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 09:15
Originally posted by Detective

Was Khwarezm nomadic area?

Yes and no

The towns, cities and agricultural land were heavily settled, but between them were areas of steppe inhabited by nomadic tribes.  This overlap was one reason for the continuing unrest in the region.
rgds.

Tom..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12