Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUS takes advantage of cartoon fiasco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: US takes advantage of cartoon fiasco
    Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:20
Originally posted by Mortaza

Mortaza you are off base if you think terrorists are just poor suffering victims.

Very many, both in their leaders and in their foot soldiers, are middle class, university educated people...engineers, doctors... intellectuals of different stripes as well.

They are not about righting wrongs or advancement for their people.  They are about blind hatred of the West.

Just guess, who erected this hatred inside of them?

I'm statrting to think that it is Islam which breeds that hate and intolerance. It does it because it is a Patriarchal religion that promotes the macho type.

How many muslim died before they began to attack? Infact they help somewhat too, but they have not enough power.

If they can create terror more, other will think to attack muslim countries.

can you tell me what is USA doing in afghanistan(Yeah even in afganistan, didnt you job finish there? or irak?)

If west cry for terror, they should remember, they created this terror. they supported this terrorist, they supported Israel(another terrorist country), now they were getting what they give.

Denmark is not the USA, the same as Senegal is not Iran. Packing all in the concept "the West" is stupid.

Besides there are at least two Wests:
  1. Christianity (i.e. the USA, Poland, the Vatican)
  2. Laicist Europe (i.e. Denmark, Netherlands, France, most of EU)
I know they are miixed but they are not the same, as it's not the same to be pan-Arabist (i.e. Arafat) or to be Fundamentalist (i.e. Hamas).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:24
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Maju

Maybe it would be enough to freeze Saudi acounts in Europe... maybe not. I think that would be weak if something like that of van Gogh happens again. I think that we must be merciless... our tolerance is being pushed to the limit, our benevolence and hospitality is being abused.

Maju, you are a fundamentalist Atheist, from this and your other posts you have shown me that the only difference between you, a communist commisar, an inquisitor, or a bible bashing american is only idelology. Before you even think of critizing fundamentalism in others, you should take a look at yourself.

How can one be a "fundamentalist atheist?"

Thanks to fundamentalist believers.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:31

Maybe it would be enough to freeze Saudi acounts in Europe... maybe not. I think that would be weak if something like that of van Gogh happens again. I think that we must be merciless... our tolerance is being pushed to the limit, our benevolence and hospitality is being abused.

Maju, you are a fundamentalist Atheist, from this and your other posts you have shown me that the only difference between you, a communist commisar, an inquisitor, or a bible bashing american is only idelology. Before you even think of critizing fundamentalism in others, you should take a look at yourself.

I am of course a fundamentalist of freedom.

I am not atheist, just laicist. I used to be atheist but in my 20s I had some paranormal experiences that made me reconsider. Now I'm pantheist. And I know that God and Satan are one and the same... and that it doesn't matter at all.

And I know that I don't want to live in a monastic society like that of Islam or Medieval Christianity. I want to live in a society that allows the maximum possible freedom and I don't care who gets offended: open your mind and learn to be tolerant and learn to laugh about yourself.

I am a radical libertarian. Yes, I am.

And I don't want more people killed in the name of Islam or any other superstition, at least in Europe.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:38
Originally posted by maju

open your mind and learn to be tolerant and learn to laugh about yourself.

Practice what you preach.
I see your one of the "open minded people" who don't give a damn about what other people think because you have already made your mind.
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 02:14
A piece of common sense for you Maju. Your freedoms are there so that everyone can live happly in your countries. Saying I will persecute you because of freedom is stupid because it defeats the purpose of having freedom in the first place.

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 02:33

Originally posted by maju

open your mind and learn to be tolerant and learn to laugh about yourself.

Practice what you preach.
I see your one of the "open minded people" who don't give a damn about what other people think because you have already made your mind.

That's your judgement: the question is not wether I take or not what others think but that I don't kill them for thinking or expressing their ideas.

Of course I don't have to agree with everything I hear or read. That would be foolish, don't you think?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 02:37

A piece of common sense for you Maju. Your freedoms are there so that everyone can live happly in your countries.

Freedom is not happiness: it is just freedom. Happiness is another thing.

Saying I will persecute you because of freedom is stupid because it defeats the purpose of having freedom in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean.

But I won't persecute you because of freedom, unless you are a threat to freedom. In that case, yes.

No tolerance for the intolerant!

No Hitlers, no Torquemadas, no Khomeinis! Thanks.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 02:58

A piece of common sense for you Maju. Your freedoms are there so that everyone can live happly in your countries.

Freedom is not happiness: it is just freedom. Happiness is another thing.

Saying I will persecute you because of freedom is stupid because it defeats the purpose of having freedom in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Of course you don't. Because you a close minded fanatic.
What is the purpose of having the freedom of religion?
What is the purpose of having the freedom of speech?
What is the purpose of having the freedom of democracy?

It is so that everybody can live in a country, free from racism and persectution. Free to live their life in their own way.
By propagating racisim, persecution and prejudice in the name of freedom is defeating the entire purpose of having those 'freedoms' in the first place! If anyone is destroying what Europe stands for, it is YOU!

But I won't persecute you because of freedom, unless you are a threat to freedom. In that case, yes.

The difference between you and them? Just ideology.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 05:30

Of course you don't. Because you a close minded fanatic.

That's an ad-hominem attack: it's probably I who should call you that... but I'm being courteous enough as not to fall in any personalization. Please do the same.

What is the purpose of having the freedom of religion?

To have freedom of religion.

What is the purpose of having the freedom of speech?

To have freedom of speech

What is the purpose of having the freedom of democracy?

To have democracy and a transparent and responsive government.

Freedom justifies itself. Unless you are a fascist.

It is so that everybody can live in a country, free from racism and persectution. Free to live their life in their own way.

Sure.

By propagating racisim, persecution and prejudice in the name of freedom is defeating the entire purpose of having those 'freedoms' in the first place! If anyone is destroying what Europe stands for, it is YOU!

(Again a personal attack - watch that out ). No:

1/ I am not propagating racism: that's a most gratuituous abusive claim from you.

Do you think this woman is racist? She is under death threat for her criticism of Islam, while at the same time she is having a bad time for claiming a better integration of inmigrants in the Netherlands.

2/ I ma not promoting persecution: it is  these people who are persecuting actively:

These people are persecutors. And these people must be kept under control and probably arrested and judged and put in prison.

Why your governments tolerate these death threats and instead arrest journalists?

3/ Prejudice? I don't know: I try to be open and exchange but it seems that whichever prejudices may be floeting regarding Islam... Muslims are trying to make sure that reality fits within them. Again it's not my fault.

The difference between you and them? Just ideology.

No. The diference is that I won't try to impose my ideology, I won't torture and I won't kill people because of their ethnicity or gender. But I will defend my freedom... by any means necessary.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 05:38
So, if what you claim is true. The you should be able to, if not understand, at least sympathise to why the cartoons have caused so much outrage. You won't impose your ideology by claiming free speech

If someone "in my camp" for want of a better term, ever does something which crosses the line with you, I will be sure to condem them. (Such as burning an embassy or similar), If you come half-way, I will too

Edited by Omar al Hashim
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 05:52

No. The diference is that I won't try to impose my ideology, I won't torture and I won't kill people because of their ethnicity or gender. But I will defend my freedom... by any means necessary.

You just contradicted yourself in a sentance. Hitler was also defending his people freedom by any means necessary.

They were personal attacks Maju, because I was critising your attitude, not anyone elses. If I included all europeans in that, I would be guily of what I'm preaching against.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:14

So, if what you claim is true. The you should be able to, if not understand, at least sympathise to why the cartoons have caused so much outrage. You won't impose your ideology by claiming free speech

I've been saying since the very first moment that the cartoons are mostly crap. Yet crap has the right to be published.

If someone "in my camp" for want of a better term, ever does something which crosses the line with you, I will be sure to condem them. (Such as burning an embassy or similar), If you come half-way, I will too

"Crossing the line" is very subjective unless there is physical violence involved. It depends where do you want to put the line.

But a cartoon is just a cartoon. And criticism of religion and religious figures, whatever Bush and the Pope say is legitimate.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:22

I've been saying since the very first moment that the cartoons are mostly crap. Yet crap has the right to be published.

"Crossing the line" is very subjective unless there is physical violence involved. It depends where do you want to put the line.

But a cartoon is just a cartoon. And criticism of religion and religious figures, whatever Bush and the Pope say is legitimate.

So while your being

I try to be open and exchange

are your

I ma not promoting persecution:

and

I am not propagating racism

You are quite happy to let other people do it for you, and happily put yourself between them and the provebial bullet (lets hope its just a proverb), to promote racism, persecution and prejudice. Just like Hitler Youth?

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:22

You just contradicted yourself in a sentance. Hitler was also defending his people freedom by any means necessary.

Only a fascist can say that Hitler was defending his people's freedom. Hitler destroyed the freedom of Germans... he defended his megalomaniac plans and surely the interestst of German capital but not the freedoms of Germany. He attacked and destroyed them instead.

They were personal attacks Maju, because I was critising your attitude, not anyone elses. If I included all europeans in that, I would be guily of what I'm preaching against.

You are distorting my attitude and accusing me of things that I don't support. I also think that you should discuss the issue, not the person. Bacuse you don't know me.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:27

Only a fascist can say that Hitler was defending his people's freedom. Hitler destroyed the freedom of Germans... he defended his megalomaniac plans and surely the interestst of German capital but not the freedoms of Germany. He attacked and destroyed them instead.

Exactly and your saying exactly the same thing just with a different Ideology.

But I will defend my freedom... by any means necessary.

I think that we must be merciless... our tolerance is being pushed to the limit, our benevolence and hospitality is being abused.

You are distorting my attitude and accusing me of things that I don't support. I also think that you should discuss the issue, not the person. Bacuse you don't know me.

This is probably a good point. Although your making it very easy for me

Unfortunately we will have to continue this tomorrow as I am going to bed

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:33

So while your being

I try to be open and exchange

are your

I ma not promoting persecution:

I am not propagating racism

You are quite happy to let other people do it for you, and happily put yourself between them and the provebial bullet (lets hope its just a proverb), to promote racism, persecution and prejudice. Just like Hitler Youth?

No. You're going too far. Here the only Hitler's Youth is those that leave their beards long and rush to kill anyone who has criticisms to do to Islam.

Sorry but there's a major problem here: nobody inside an Islamic nation 8at least most of them) can make any criticism to religion. Is that my fault? No it's Islam's fault.

So then there come so Viking dudes and do it. And all those people that can't rise their voice against Islam in their own nations are manipulated to rise their voice and make death threats against those poor Vikings that after all just were doing what you must to do yourselves and you don't dare to do.

Where is Middle Eastern criticism of Islam?, where is Middle Eastern laicism?, where is Middle Eastern slef-caricature?

It doesn't exist. And now, with the advenement of Internet age you can't anymore live in your bubble and you are faced with criticism. Sure that Rushdie or Hirsi don't live in Muslim nations aymore but sure that they are born there and that they have a Islamic background.

Yet they need to be protected in the West. Why don't you step ahead and break a lance for Rushdie? Isn't he a Pakistani like yourself?

You must look inside, not outside. We are just showing your image in the mirror, even if distorted... it's you.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:48

these quasi terroists should be deported.  the police didn't do anything about these placards... disgrace.

It was actually mostly muslims who complained to the police about these guys.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 06:53

Let's see: Greece is also rather intolerant, and Ireland too. Spain protects Catholicism with money and privilieges but blasphemy is no crime here. If it was, jails would be filled with people, as near everybody blasphemes in common language a lot. Also there are many anti-clericals and few active Christians left.

Have you ever lived in Hellas?
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 12:56
Originally posted by Zagros

I can not begin to tell how angry this makes me feel! You know what these people remind me of, Chihuahas barking madly at a Rottweiler. This is the exact reason that some Americans would prefer to just make a crater out of the middle-east.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 13:23

That is flagrant abuse of freedom of speach. However don't confuse issues here, don't overlook the West's exploitation and atrocities in the ME as insignificant.  It's not like it is freedom that  brings about terrorism.  the ME terroist movements of the 70s and 80s were middle eastern and they were also SECULAR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>