Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUS takes advantage of cartoon fiasco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: US takes advantage of cartoon fiasco
    Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 10:10

Maybe it would be enough to freeze Saudi acounts in Europe... maybe not. I think that would be weak if something like that of van Gogh happens again. I think that we must be merciless... our tolerance is being pushed to the limit, our benevolence and hospitality is being abused.

haha you are worse than that terrorists, that terrorist suffered much before becoming terrorist.

Your land threatened only once(If we call boycot an attack), and you are begining to talk merciless or what ever.

You call them, bad, terrorist or what ever, you think you have better ethics than them. But you are worse than them. Only, a stupid boycot showed how humanist you are.Just guess, what will you do, If your lands raped numberless time?

Also you have no respect for freedom too, or you will show a lit bit more respect for boycots, and protests.

For criminal acts, be sure western world killed much more life than this terrorists. Ah and they are as merciful as you.

Edited by Mortaza
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 10:31
Originally posted by Maju

Anyhow, I think it's important that religioun has no protection:after all it's just an irrational superstion without any reason to exist other than ignorance and traditions.

Alas, I am afraid you are wrong on it. There would had not been so many religions in human history, and they would not had been considered so important if they did not answer some common human psychological need.
I guess there is some widespread "defect" in human mind that requires the kind of "self-deceit" called religion
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 12:03
Those of you who support the European stance in its challenge to persistently offend Muslims are really funny, you know?  You brag about freedom of expression, and freedom to offend others, while you can't even do that on these forums.  The moment you try to provoke someone or offend them, you get a warning or a banning.  Isn't that ironic?

If the rules and regulations of these forums represent the freedom of speech that you celebrate, then you are all being hypocrites in accepting these rules here, while protesting against them in real life. 

So internet dialogue is more important, and respecting forumers is more important and life-saving than respecting other humans to keep the dialogue between different faiths and civilizations?

You guys are funny .. in a sad way.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 12:12
You can't compare these forums with real life, that's ridiculous. An internet forum can't oppress you, tax you, draft you, force you to fight, work and die. The freedom of speech is the foundation of democracy, without it, it cannot exist.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 12:22
Agree with Serge, although we value the seperation of church and state in the west, religion is a powerful thing in many citizens lives and respect for peoples beliefs should be maintained.

Protests and boycotts are fine but the over-reaction by segments of the muslim world are inexcusable.

"Islam", and I say kindly, needs to get over its insecurities and grow up.

Whether a tactic or not, its no suprise the US condemned the cartoons. The US can only roll its eyes at the banning of head scarfs as done in France.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 12:48

Originally posted by Zagros

come on Maju,  how can any muslim organisation control what fringe groups or individuals do?

Intolerance is being cheered by all Muslim and quasi-Muslim entities (except curiously the Muslims of Europe).

The question is why have we to bear the babbling of a bunch of superstitious fanatics. It seems that we have comitted a crime and that we should be punished for that.

I say no: we have not comitted any crime and we should let very clear that any agression will be retaliated and that Saudis (the main financers of fundamentalism and intolerance) won't be able to escape this time.

Maybe it would be enough to freeze Saudi acounts in Europe... maybe not. I think that would be weak if something like that of van Gogh happens again. I think that we must be merciless... our tolerance is being pushed to the limit, our benevolence and hospitality is being abused.

who you mean by "we" there? Europe?

yes there are crimes Europeans did to the Middle east and the Muslim world in general,

off course not crimes "you" as an individual did but cirmes on the name of Europe.

few examples?

Europe created Israel

Occupations of many part of the Islamic world ,

disadvantages of occupations were alot for example Algeria lost 1000,000 person from the French occupations

the Makers of "borders" between courntries which off course many people were ignored and few who benifited from this.

supporting dictators and when it gets to a point where these dictators become useless they take them out and Brag about Freeing people !!!

there are many reasons which i didnt mention but i guess i mentioned the important ones

which their effects can be considered one of the main reasons of the problems in the Middle east till these days.

one of the main reasons of the creation of terrorist groups like Al Qaeda was the Blind baking of the West to Israel, and the US presence in the Middle east.

those reasons from what the European did in the past , or you dont think so?

so when you and other westerners get confused and asks themselvs the very famouse Question.  Why they Hate us?  they should just make a quick review on their past in the regon and judg their own actions and what they did

many muslims who you are complaining about coz they are cheering for Bin Laden are the ones who suffered and are still suffering because of what they think what the Westerners did to them.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:05
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

You can't compare these forums with real life, that's ridiculous. An internet forum can't oppress you, tax you, draft you, force you to fight, work and die. The freedom of speech is the foundation of democracy, without it, it cannot exist.

Of course I can compare these forums with real life.  Internet has become an extension of real life, and rules put here only reflect the values that you uphold and believe in, including freedom of speech.

Internet forums can oppress you by imposing ideas on you and forcing you to think a certain way.  Believe it or not, but exposure to different views does affect your way of thinking, unless you're too narrow-minded to absorb different ideas and toy with them in your mind until they either settle in or evaporate.  It doesn't tax you, but you do pay for your internet service.  It's like your ballot; your bulletin for free speech.  And yes, forums force you to fight and kill your own tolerance and patience to defend your values and beliefs.

So technically, you're wrong.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:25
Originally posted by azimuth

who you mean by "we" there? Europe?

yes there are crimes Europeans did to the Middle east and the Muslim world in general,

off course not crimes "you" as an individual did but cirmes on the name of Europe.

few examples?

Europe created Israel

I am 100% against Israel, as many Europeans. But with Palestinians atatcking European symbols, I'm starting to lose interest.

You and I know that it wasn't Europe who kept Israel alive in the Arab-Israeli war: it was the USA.

Occupations of many part of the Islamic world ,

disadvantages of occupations were alot for example Algeria lost 1000,000 person from the French occupations

the Makers of "borders" between courntries which off course many people were ignored and few who benifited from this.

The borders of Arabia are artificial but those of North Africa are mostly historical: Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, Lybia and Egypt existed before European colonization with borders that approximated those of today. Asia was a diferent story, as it was under direct Ottoman rule for the most part.

The partition of Asian Arabia is an European (Anglo-French) creation but I'm sure other European nations such as Germany (who backed Ottoman Empire and later Arab nationalism) opposed it.

supporting dictators and when it gets to a point where these dictators become useless they take them out and Brag about Freeing people !!!

... but remember that the invasion of Iraq is a US-UK thingy. Among the nations of Europe only Poland has fully backed it.

there are many reasons which i didnt mention but i guess i mentioned the important ones

which their effects can be considered one of the main reasons of the problems in the Middle east till these days.

one of the main reasons of the creation of terrorist groups like Al Qaeda was the Blind backing of the West to Israel, and the US presence in the Middle east.

Sure.

those reasons from what the European did in the past , or you dont think so?

so when you and other westerners get confused and asks themselvs the very famouse Question.  Why they Hate us?  they should just make a quick review on their past in the regon and judge their own actions and what they did

Well, I just say that if they hate us, what they are perfectly entitled to: they should burn British flags and boycott McDonalds, not take it with poor little Denmark. Instead the leaders of hamas have no problem in easting at McDonalds, or so I read the other day in an Aljazeera article.

This is what I find puzzling.

If you have problems with Israel and the Iraqui invasion, then boycott USA, boycott UK and even you can boycott France and Poland. But Denmark?

It's like putting the blame in Bahamas or Uganda.

many muslims who you are complaining about coz they are cheering for Bin Laden are the ones who suffered and are still suffering because of what they think what the Westerners did to them.

I don't care if they cheer Ben Laden, as far as Ben laden only attacks US, UK and Israel, which are active enemies of Arabia. What I can't accept its that they attack Shias and that they attack Denmark... soon they will attack Singapore or Liberia, they will attack Berbers and Kurds, they will attack ther own mothers... anything that is not as demented as they are.

And I can't accept that they try to impose their medieval illiterate values to us. That's simply intolerable. If they want to live in the middle of sh*t, fine: their problem. But if they want us to do the same... then I have a major problem.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:29
Europe had their hand in placing Israel where it is now. Europe is just as much at fault when it comes to the formation of Israel. It was also european naitons that aided in Israel getting nukes, thats far bigger than selling them arms and planes

Edited by Illuminati
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:36
Originally posted by Mira

<long post>

So technically, you're wrong.

There is one "technicality" that comes in the way though - the forum can't suddenly knock on my door and do me physical harm or take away my freedom. This isn't even apples and oranges; it's a painting of an apple and a real orange.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 14:16

Those of you who support the European stance in its challenge to persistently offend Muslims are really funny, you know?  You brag about freedom of expression, and freedom to offend others, while you can't even do that on these forums. 

It depends. If it's an ad hominem attack, sure. If it is a cultural critic you can, I believe.

In any case, a forum is a private bubble and like a newspaper has its own inner rules. But if this forum would allow personal insults, the Danish (or US or Greek) government could do nothing about it.

At least legally. You may not see it because your government censor that in your computers but obscenity, blasphemy and any kind of irreverent expression is all around, we like it or not.

The moment you try to provoke someone or offend them, you get a warning or a banning.  Isn't that ironic?

I think that's not the case. When you attack personally other people, specially if you do it systematically you get some sort of disciplinary action but if you attack ideological sets, you don't.

Much less if you do that intelligently.

If the rules and regulations of these forums represent the freedom of speech that you celebrate, then you are all being hypocrites in accepting these rules here, while protesting against them in real life.

In fact they aren't exacly the same. But if I insult you, Mira, and specially if I diffamate you, you can sue me. But if I insult Napoleon Bonaparte or Stalin, you can't. Same with Mohammed.

Anyhow, the only legal way is to sue the person you think is abusing his/her rights, not to commit criminal actions destroying private property and threatening the ligfes of people.

That's not just against freedom of speech: it is barbaric and I'm waiting for Syria to jail the people that have set ablaze the Danish embassy. I'm sure they know exactly who they are.

So internet dialogue is more important, and respecting forumers is more important and life-saving than respecting other humans to keep the dialogue between different faiths and civilizations?

You guys are funny .. in a sad way.

This is what is called in Spanish a tertulia, an intelectual exchange in a defined context, we agree that, as everybody can invite him/herself, we need some sort of mods to prevent abuses and let the discussion be stolen by inmature people.

But there are no such rules in real life: spam happens, ad hominem atacks happen and of course rude humor happens. You may be outraged about the cartoons on Muhammed but I'm more worried about a joke I was told the other day showing absolute lack of sensibility about violence against women. Yet, what can I do about it but to show my long serious face and say: "that's not funny: that's not a matter of pun".

If you would have reacted that way, surely you would have got a lot more respect and the issue would be more than settled. Future offenses can't be fully prevented but, if you had achieved respect instead of causing anger, they would be much less likely.

But this way, the only thing that is happening is that islamofobia is deepening in our societies by minutes... because it seems impossible to have a dialogue with people that react like that. You just look like a bunch of fanatics: not religious people with a sensibility and message of peace, but hysterical fanatics full of hate: true tugs and nothing more.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 14:18
Originally posted by Illuminati

Europe had their hand in placing Israel where it is now. Europe is just as much at fault when it comes to the formation of Israel. It was also european naitons that aided in Israel getting nukes, thats far bigger than selling them arms and planes

That's for another topic. But I want you to open it and explain me and others how Israel acquired nukes "with European" and not "with US and South African" cooperation.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 14:23
Originally posted by Mortaza

haha you are worse than that terrorists, that terrorist suffered much before becoming terrorist.

Sure: silverspoon Usama suffered a lot... Ha!

I acknowldege the right of Plaestinians to fight Israel, I don't call that terrorism but self-defense. But I don't acknowldege the right of a religious tribunal to issue a fatwa and get a person killed for his/her opinions. That I call terrorism of the worst kind. I don't acknowledge that same religious tribunal to spit on Human Rights and specially the rights of women. That I call fascism of the worst kind.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 14:29

Mortaza you are off base if you think terrorists are just poor suffering victims.

Very many, both in their leaders and in their foot soldiers, are middle class, university educated people...engineers, doctors... intellectuals of different stripes as well.

They are not about righting wrongs or advancement for their people.  They are about blind hatred of the West.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 15:38

"WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States blasted the publication by European newspapers of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed as unacceptable incitement to religious or ethnic hatred."

Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:02
Originally posted by Maziar

"WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States blasted the publication by European newspapers of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed as unacceptable incitement to religious or ethnic hatred."

How about George W. BURKA. 

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 17:18

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Of course I can compare these forums with real life.  Internet has become an extension of real life, and rules put here only reflect the values that you uphold and believe in, including freedom of speech.

This forum is essentially a private club. Its members can impose whatever rules it likes on themselves, essentially because mmbership is voluntary, and if someone doesn't it he or she can leave, and the worst punishment available is expulsion.

A state is totally different in that in general citizens cannot leave it, at least without severe disruption, and as punishment the state can inflict all sorts of penalties.

Equating them is essentially idiotic.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 17:41

Mortaza you are off base if you think terrorists are just poor suffering victims.

Very many, both in their leaders and in their foot soldiers, are middle class, university educated people...engineers, doctors... intellectuals of different stripes as well.

They are not about righting wrongs or advancement for their people.  They are about blind hatred of the West.

Just guess, who erected this hatred inside of them?

How many muslim died before they began to attack? Infact they help somewhat too, but they have not enough power.

If they can create terror more, other will think to attack muslim countries.

can you tell me what is USA doing in afghanistan(Yeah even in afganistan, didnt you job finish there? or irak?)

If west cry for terror, they should remember, they created this terror. they supported this terrorist, they supported Israel(another terrorist country), now they were getting what they give.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 19:22

Maju, you are a fundamentalist Atheist, from this and your other posts you have shown me that the only difference between you, a communist commisar, an inquisitor, or a bible bashing american is only idelology. Before you even think of critizing fundamentalism in others, you should take a look at yourself.
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 20:01

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Maju, you are a fundamentalist Atheist, from this and your other posts you have shown me that the only difference between you, a communist commisar, an inquisitor, or a bible bashing american is only idelology. Before you even think of critizing fundamentalism in others, you should take a look at yourself.

How can one be a "fundamentalist atheist?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>