Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Modern Crusade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Modern Crusade
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 23:13
If the new pope were to call for a modern crusade, what do you think the objectives would be and who would take part in the endeavor?  I imagine the reconquest of, Antioch, Alexandria (Egypt), Tripoli, Edessa, North Africa, Constantinople (of course) and the rest of Anatolia, would be included.  Protection and aid for Israel would also be a priority as Israel would probably be an ally of the crusaders.  If the pope managed to involve protestant and orthodox christians in the crusade, it would probably recruit more volunteers and therefore be more successful.  Not sure who would lead it or finance it though.  I suppose that wealthy supporters of the idea would purchase the needed military hardware and provide the needed training.  Balkan nations such as Greece, Serbia, and Bulgaria would probably assist in the effort and allow the crusader aircraft to use their airports.  Israel would probably assist in those ways as well.  I think that the pope can still technically call for a crusade.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 08:11
The last "crusade" was called by fascist general Franco against the "red-separatists" and later redirected against the the "judeo-masons". It caused the death of at least 1,000,000 Spaniards and some foreigners too.

There's no constitutional article nowhere saying who and why a crusade can be called but it's obvious that you need Christians for a crusade and these are an species in process of extintion, thanks to God!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 08:15
Hm.We, the balkan nations, prefer to fight each other than helping crusaders.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 08:36
The aim to be Constantinoupolis ?
Do u know what happened in 1204 ?!

No crusades -no jihads -no bullsh*t !

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 08:59
Isn't this crusade already in full swing. I thought G.W. had called for something like that.
To disappoint you however, it isn't to recover the last remaining splinters of the Holy Cross, or the sacred nail-clipings of Saint Jerome, or any of the four cities of the ancient Patriarchs, who cares?
I can't see Haliburton and the rest of the mafia going into the fake relics business, there are far greater treasures to be won.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:06

Well, I wasn't even going to bring up the subject of Holy relics this time, but now that you mention it yes, a new crusade would have to include the recovery of some of them in its objectives.  Perhaps the liberation of the piece of the True Cross that was captured by Saladin.  Of course relics and icons would have to be carried into battle by the crusaders as well, perhaps mounted on top of their tanks and APCs. 

Why not recover the cities of the ancient Patriachs?  It would be a good way for the pope to restore good friendship between catholicism and the orthodox/coptic christians.  This could eventually lead to the one, united church being formed between the denominations.

@Digenis - Yes, I know what happened in 1204.  This crusade would right that wrong and recover the city for Greece!

@Maju - A fascist crusade?  Hhmmm, thats an idea....

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:37
I really hope there will be a crusade to recover Istanbul from us...

I wonder if R_AK47 could be brave enough to join the crusaders..?

Edited by barish
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:39

There is no need to imagine, Bush said that his 'War on Terror' is a Crusade, the Muslim world belive it to be a Crusade and only Muslims have been attacked.

But if your so excited for one just imagine Bush as Pope Urban

"This could eventually lead to the one, united church being formed between the denominations."

No way, the Catholics tried to end Orthodoxy not be freinds with them. Many a case the one of the sides would rather join with Muslims in battle against the other.

Just a question, if i was to open a topic on a global Jihad on the infidals to regain lost Muslim lands such as Iberia. I am more than sure that this topic would be closed as to not offend our western members. Just a thought

Edited by OSMANLI
Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:45

"Bush calls crusade"

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:49
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Just a question, if i was to open a topic on a global Jihad on the infidals to regain lost Muslim lands such as Iberia. I am more than sure that this topic would be closed as to not offend our western members. Just a thought

Exactly...
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 13:03
I wanted to discuss what a modern crusade would be like, what its objectives would be, ect.  This is the historical amusement forum is it not?  Osmanli is right about Catholics and Orthodoxy fighting in the past.  Perhaps in the future though they will put their differences aside.  I wonder how the Greek members feel about cooperating with the west?  It was attempted during the first crusade.

Edited by R_AK47
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 13:08

Originally posted by R_AK47

Not once in my post did I call for a crusade.  I simply wanted to discuss what it would be like, what its objectives would be, ect.  This is the historical amusement forum is it not?  Osmanli is right about Catholics and Orthodoxy fighting in the past.  Perhaps in the future though they will put their differences aside.

I meant if i too were to discuss for historical amusement.

Nice pic Subutai !!!

Edited by OSMANLI
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 13:28
Originally posted by OSMANLI

What are you waiting for? Start it already and see if that happens
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 14:06
Originally posted by R_AK47

...I wonder how the Greek members feel about cooperating with the west?

Do you know the goal of Fourth Crusade?

Edited by barish
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 14:13
I do know what the goal of the fourth crusade was.  It was a disaster.  Even the Hagia Sophia, a building we are all fighting over in another thread, was violated (ironicaly, by crusaders).  I think that if the east and west of christendom had cooperated in the past more, rather than betray each other, the crusades as a whole would have been more successfull (though there were successful crusades regardless, such as the first and the reconquest of Spain).  Perhaps if east and west cooperated in the future, the tremendous success of the first crusade could happen again.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 14:35
The goal of the 4th crusade was Egypt,
but soon ,under Venice incitement,Byzantine heirs treason and ambitions,and Crusaders greed,ended up in Constantinoupolis.
Well,i insist fanatism-especially religious one- belongs to idiots..

R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 14:48

If the muslims had not demolished the original Church of the Holy Sepulcher and vandalized the sepulcher itself, in a moment of religious fanaticism, the crusades may never have happened.  Yes, I know that they eventually allowed a small shrine to be rebuilt where the original once was, but that does not excuse the first crime.  In fact, religious fanaticism is what inspired muslims to invade the christian lands bordering the mediteranean in the first place.  The crusades were a reaction to this.  As you can see, any crusade, whether in the past or today, is actually a reconquest of lands that were taken.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:01

As you can see, any crusade, whether in the past or today, is actually a reconquest of lands that were taken.

Reconquest from what? natives of land just changed their religion, so European barbarians never had this lands. I didnt know germans have cities at egypt or syria.

R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:19
The natives of the lands where originally orthodox and coptic christians that were forcibly converted to islam after an arab conquest.  Thats a little different than simply changing religion as you stated.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:23

The natives of the lands where originally orthodox and coptic christians that were forcibly converted to islam after an arab conquest.  Thats a little different than simply changing religion as you stated.

No they didnt converted forcefully, Infact at the begining of Islam, changing religion is decouraged.

So what will crusaders do? change their religion back forcefuly?

You are talking rubish, sorry.

Also remember when crusaders entered jerusalem, they also killed a lot christian. Infact they were most numbered bandids world ever saw.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>