Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Icelanders are going

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Icelanders are going
    Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 18:33

the krafla volcano ,peacefull

1980 ,not so peacefull
so don't make me angry !!!
good night to the earth ,to iran ,turkey ,luxembourg, vatican state, holland,poland, germany,gut's nchtle , my special friends from greece kali nichta, canada, the baltic states and last but not least the united states.
did i forget someone ? don't be sad , see tomorrow at the departure of....

ICELANDERS ARE GOING !!!

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 18:49
ok ok Ulrich, understood, Iselander aren't Coming

Good Night Icelander
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 19:07
Iceland seemed like one of the few places on earth that I would feel lonely and isolated
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 15:39

nearly all icelanders would have gone yesterday, see why

Earthquake shakes Reykjavk

An earthquake of magnitude 4.6 shook Reykjavk at 2:31 p.m. yesterday with no damage or injuries reported. The epicenter of the quake was on the Reykjanes peninsula southeast of Kleifarvatn, about 25 kilometers from the center of Reykjavk.

The quake was followed by a few dozen temors, the largest one of magnitude 2.5.

According to geophysicist Steinunn Jakobsdttir, director of monitoring of the physics department at the Icelandic Meteorological Office, there is no reason to believe that the earthquake is linked with other possibly greater activity in the area. There have been at least two quakes of magnitude 5 or more in the vicinity during the last decade. 

Steinunn told Morgunbladid that earthquakes of this magnitude usually do not cause damage to homes, but objects on shelves could possibly be rattled near the epicenter.

but to be honest ,most of my friends and my family didn't even notice it !

there was a short scrunch like some opened a bag of crisps, nothing else.

someone of you living in area were earthquakes are not unusual ?

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:17
and now ,for something completly different.......
go to bed now , bought a new notebook today, have no idea what will happen in the next days. will i be pretty ,will i be lonesome ,will i be online,?
what ever will be ,the future is not our's to see !
 i hope iceland will be back very soon on your monitor and you will be angry about my posts...

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 15:53
much earlier ,than i could dream in my wildest dreams, i'm back again. internet connection in only 5 minutes. i have to praise myself. thank you, ulrich.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 09:18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ULRICH

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 03:33

thank you so much for your post ,land of aryan !

i will allow you a short view in our bed-room this morning

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 16:18

after having relaxed the whole day , i'm so tired now and want to let you know that the spring will not  come in the next days . we have to wait for another 4 weeks ,i think.

i think, that some parts of the europan continent have allready spring !

Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 10:46

Happy belated Birthday Ulrich.

Hope you like the present.

Izan zirelako gara...... Izan garelako izango dira....
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 14:56

Icelanders are going....

some sooner , some later, see why...

Icelandic women live longer than males
Icelandic women can expect to live four years longer than Icelandic males, reported Statistics Iceland yesterday. According to Statistics Iceland the mean life expectancy for Icelandic women is 82.8 years and 78.9 years for men (2001-2005). Over the past three decades, the difference in the average age for women and men has decreased from six years to less than four.

Statistics Iceland also reports that Iceland has the world's lowest infant mortality rate,  2.5 per 1,000 live births (2001-2005). Sweden and Finland have an infant mortality rate of 3.1 per 1,000 live births; Norway 3.5 and Denmark 4.4.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:45
Forum or Blog!!!!!!!?????
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 16:04
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

it's enough for today ,my warm bed is waiting but before another
impression of iceland at wintertimes with so many dark nights which
lasts about 16 hours a day.

I love the night, it wouldn't bother me at all. It's the sun I hate. Don't you get 22 hour days in the summer or something?

Hchaaa! Hssssss!!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 16:53

so god night, have to go up early tomorrow, but if you wan`t to visit our beautiful town and guess were i`m living.......

http://www.rvk.is/upload/files/stigakort_reykjavik.jpg

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 29-May-2006 at 17:30

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 16:38

i think i'm the whale among all members.....

a little bit to fat , and have to surface from time to time..

but please don't make bacon out of me....

and no photos please...

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 18:54
I've always wanted to visit.

What is there to see in Iceland? Have you got any old ruins or anything? Are there some special places, like where you used to hold the Allthing?
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 15:20

you are watching for ruins ? you will only find it in the mouth of some old icelanders.sorry, but nearly all buildings on iceland in former timews were made out of wood ( especially from greenland).

what you will find is ,nature ,nature and once again nature.

thingvellir , the valley were the thing was hold ,surrounded by nature..

and if you don't like te sun you have to come at wintertime,cause in summer the sun will not set down, if you it is not covered by clouds.

for more informations:

http://www.icetourist.is/

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 19:48

icelanders are going.... very quick tonight ,before i get punished from some iranian friends.......not without showing a pic of the wonderful island iceland...

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 04:22

i forget to post this on thursday.....

First Day of Summer

Today is officially the first day of summer in Iceland. That honor always falls upon a Thursday in the second half of April and since Icelanders are very fond of summer the day is an official holiday. Sometimes it snows on this first summer day but today has been calm so far; in Reykjavk the thermometer went up to 6 C, up from freezing last night. Children gather for parades in many towns around the country.

that's what greek people probably would call the coldest winter,  is the begin of the summer on iceland.quiete strange ,isn't it ?

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 17:17

enough for today.

hope that maju will be located again, mira may not be sunbacked to hardly, flyingzone comes back from his flight to the sanctums, schalke and komnenos will not have to much resistance, beylerbeyi's prophecy will come true and i will have wet dreams,sorry sweet dreams. goodnight to the virtual earth , the ae planet with a pic from this winter ,which hopefully will end soon...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>