Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 08:40
Originally posted by Mortaza

Muslims SHOULD accept Europen rules if tehy are going to live in Europe. Muslims do have the right to protest if they want, and boycott if they want. That's the difference between The West and the muslim world. We allow dissenting views and dissenting actions. You don't. IF you don't like Islam and you live in the Muslim world, you'd better keep your mouth shut if you don't want to end up dead or in jail. If you don't like Europe and you live in Europe...then by all means, feel free to tell us how much you hate Europe. As long as you aren't violent, you won't end up in jail.

yeah, they wont end  up in jail, but they should end up out  side  of Europe.  They should accept an attack over them, or they should go out of  Europea, this is what you are saying.

I don't know who wrote the above, but I'm sure he's thinking in the kind of Muslims that kill on religious grounds, like the ones that killed Theo van Gog, bombed the London subway or have threatened Salman Rushdie or many others.

That's the key thing: we can't accept fanatics.

But let's see: if I go to Saudi Arabia, first of all they will make me sign papers where I must declare to belong to either Islam, Christianity ro Judaism, you will force me to abide by your rules: no rum, a minor staling in the supermarket can cause me to get my hand cut and if I curse teh prophet, I will surely end beaten and killed.

And I'm lucky of being an European male with some resources, would I be a poor Filipino female, I would surely end up raped, beaten and expelled of the country without even being paid my salary.

So first clean up your home and then we will discuss about the permissivity of the laws in Denmark and the difficulties of Europe to absorb the want-to-kill bearded men and the repressed masked women of Quranistan.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 08:41

Torrid nonsense. Not one person anywhere in the world has suffered even one tiny bit of physical harm as a result of these cartoons.

That's important.

That somehow or other your egos have been pierced is unimportant. Just as unimportant as it would be if mine were.

err in  Turkey, If you harm someone emotionaly, you should pay some money for you guilt. dont you  have same laws?

You might get away with it, yes. I'm not lawyer enough to be sure. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. The English proverb that we were taught as children used to be "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

(I believe you would get away with it in the USA.)

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 08:47

Torrid nonsense. Not one person anywhere in the world has suffered even one tiny bit of physical harm as a result of these cartoons.

That's important.

That somehow or other your egos have been pierced is unimportant. Just as unimportant as it would be if mine were.

err in  Turkey, If you harm someone emotionaly, you should pay some money for you guilt. dont you  have same laws?

Emotional harm? That's very difficult to bring to court... maybe if it's assocaited with some other more physical or economic harm...

I think it's very difficult to get paid for emotional harm as such. Forget it.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 09:37

Looks like most Muslims are fundamentalists, even some forumers here. They keep talking about the greatness of their religion, of how tolerant it is, but when it came to tolerance their behaviour is all but tolerant. I've seen a lot more cartoons mocking the Christians and though there were protests from the Church there have never been such manifestations of intolerance. Do ask yourselves why the neonazi movement is starting to gain ground. Intolerance leads to intolerance, do you feel like this planet needs a new religious or racial driven conflict?

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 09:56
But I don't want neo-nazis to come back. I want people living together without religion. We don't need neon-nazis, we need an Arab Lenin!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 10:15

But let's see: if I go to Saudi Arabia,

Realy boring muslims are your citizens, I dont  know how many time I should repeat this,  you cannot  harm or treat bad to your citizen, because  of Saudi Arabia.

why do I begin to think, you saw muslims second class citizen or noncitizen  which you can treat bad?

You might get away with it, yes. I'm not lawyer enough to be sure. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. The English proverb that we were taught as children used to be "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

(I believe you would get away with it in the USA.)

If he swear you?

I've seen a lot more cartoons mocking the Christians

That is  another  stupid excuse, because you are bashing  your own religion, you have no  right  to bash our.

I hit my  father, so I can also  hit your father. You dont have to be  angry, because I hit my father  more than yours. is this sensible thing?

Do whatever with your religion.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 10:39
Cartoons mock everything, that's why cartoons exist...

But they could mock Islam or muslims without drawing Muhammed.

I agree there is officially no crime here, but they should apologize and respect people's beliefs and traditions from now on.

Edited by barish
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 10:46

From the same cartoonist of France Soir:

"I did a cartoon about democracy ... but nobody in the world seems to care!"

Edited by Serge L
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:32
Originally posted by barish

Cartoons mock everything, that's why cartoons exist...

But they could mock Islam or muslims without drawing Muhammed.

I agree there is officially no crime here, but they should apologize and respect people's beliefs and traditions from now on.

Why? Drawing Muhammed is maybe forbidden for Muslims, but not for the rest. We can draw whatever we want: Muhammed, Allah and much worse things.

You just can't impose on us your short-sighted prejudices! You won't do that! We can tolerate Islam but only as long as Islam tolerates us.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:52

Maju what are you so upset about?? that newspaper published those drawings and many people got offended and they are protesting and telling that magazine and the government of that country that their drawings offeneded them.

the government ignored that and acted in an arrogant way so the people decided to boycott that government.

anything illegal in what the people did??

NO?

then what you guys are angry about?!

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:54

Why? Drawing Muhammed is maybe forbidden for Muslims, but not for the rest. We can draw whatever we want: Muhammed, Allah and much worse things.

So we can   buy whatever we want?

Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:55

I think it is becoming more and more obvious that the Muslim world was attempting to intimidate and impose its cultural norms on the West, using little Denmark as a target ( http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,398532, 00.html). Yet, this effort has backfired and a reaction from the West of monumental proportions and unknown consequences is unfolding. Everyone is publishing the cartoons and this subject has become in the last few days the major topic of discussion worldwide and in the web (http://www.coxandforkum.com).

The problem is that for the West, freedom of expression is the most sacred thing there is. The most painful memories in the Wests history are religious wars, being the Inquisition the most tenebrous (deservedly or not) and most powerful symbol of that era. That is why speaking what one thinks is so important in the West. However, Muslims, with their recent actions, have brought back the spectre of Inquisition to the West.

Muslims can also be accused of being hypocrite since there are ample examples of cartoons made in moderate Muslim countries (as the politically correct troop of West likes to say in self-delusion) with atrocious attacks to other cultures and religions that make the Danish cartoons look mild by comparison (http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm).

Edited by Voyager
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:58
Originally posted by Maju

You just can't impose on us your short-sighted prejudices! You won't do that! We can tolerate Islam but only as long as Islam tolerates us.

You can draw whatever you want? Then I can protest whoever I want and I protest the people who don't respect other people's beliefs.

Edited by barish
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 13:28

I'm so sick and tired of a proportion of Muslims crying out everytime anything remotely negative against their precious God is uttered in a free and democratic society where these views are permitted.

Why don't we just gag the media and people of Europe, perhaps it'd not only be a more familiar sight, but also less *harmful* to quite possibly the most easily offended people on the planet, Muslims.

Some people really must have to much free time on their hands if they really care what some people in Denmark think might of been humorous.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 13:34
Originally posted by Heraclius

I'm so sick and tired of a proportion of Muslims crying out everytime anything remotely negative against their precious God is uttered in a free and democratic society where these views are permitted.

Why don't we just gag the media and people of Europe, perhaps it'd not only be a more familiar sight, but also less *harmful* to quite possibly the most easily offended people on the planet, Muslims.

Some people really must have to much free time on their hands if they really care what some people in Denmark think might of been humorous.

Be patient! They will, the very hour history offers them the occasion; they ravaged with banckrupt superstition their land, and now, they want to wreak havoc to ours too.

Edited by Boztorgay
Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:02

I say to the European press: Right what you will and what you feel and forget Islamic outcries.

To Islam: Boycott, burn flags, protests, or the like. As long as you dont physically hurt anyone.

Europe: This for you is more of an issue and a more important subject. Dont allow Islamic radicals to silence your tongue. They may have the right to do that in their countries but do you see any sand in Paris?

To Islam: Take up a hobby, go bowling, knit a quilt, do something more productive with your time. You get your panties in a bunch because someone hundreds of miles away said something about your prophet? Funny seeing as how you wouldnt get as upset if a cartoon was set out negatively towards Allah himself? That just proves this isnt about religion, its about ethnicity and culture. Anyway the protests wont do much, free-speech aint going anywhere.

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:04
Originally posted by Voyager

Muslims can also be accused of being hypocrite since there are ample examples of cartoons made in moderate Muslim countries (as the politically correct troop of West likes to say in self-delusion) with atrocious attacks to other cultures and religions that make the Danish cartoons look mild by comparison (http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm).

Hypocrites
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:10
Guys be calm, It is only a peaciful boycot.  No need to be angry.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:13

Did my post sound angry?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:21

Infact yes, I dont know what is problem.

we are free people, and using our freedom.

Long Live free Saudi Arabia citizens.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>