Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Walker Lindh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Walker Lindh
    Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 01:10
How can you guys not know this? I thought it was common knowledge. America set the taliban up. The countries that had taliban embassies were Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and UAE, all governments with heavy american influence. America funded the taliban, you got them to destroy the poppy crop. American installed them. America used ISI to create the taliban. You hardly cared about "al-qaeda" or bin laden before sept 11. 
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 02:43
America gave way for the taliban to take power becuase the taliban was rather anti-soviet. Everyone knows that. My point was that the US didn't keep on supporting the taliban like you claimed they did.

You hardly cared about "al-qaeda" or bin laden before sept 11.

Clinton didn't order the CIA to kidnap Bin Laden in 1998 jsut for the hell of it.

and I suppose that America just kept on not caring about bin laden even afer he tried to blow up the WTC in 1993.

I have yet to see one reason why America would not care about al qaeda after 1993. The Communists were all but done for, and no other government could be worse than the taliban. What is the plus side to america continuing to support the taliban? And why would america not care about al qaeda after they tried to level the WTC? Your argument is illogical.

Edited by Illuminati
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 03:25
Originally posted by Illuminati

America gave way for the taliban to take power becuase the taliban was rather anti-soviet.

Maybe you didn't realise, I was talking about the Taliban. They didn't exist until 1995. They didn't fight the soviets at all.

The taliban were created by ISI and the CIA to stabilise Afghanistan, I am not sure of why american wanted afghanistan stable but I am dead certain of their involvement in supporting them.

There is one site. Hopefully I can find more.
http://us.altnews.com.au/nuke/print.php?sid=3586

The wtc attack in '93 was before the Taliban even existed.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 21:28

The Ice Skating Institute supported tha Taliban? Those bastards! Whats the ISI?

Only three countries recognized the Taliban, Pakistan, Unite Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.

If the US did support them for whatever reason, it would have been because of Pakistan did since the US would prefer a Pakistan supported government rather then a Russian Northern Alliance supported faction. It was a civil war. Omar, the leader of the newly formed faction of the Taliban went to Pakistan in 1994 where they got training and weapons.

I wouldn't say anybody knew how the Taliban would turn out compared to all the other factions. And theres really no evidence of the US supporting the taliban at all. Just speculation.

Besides, we sent a Cruise Missle into Afghanistan in 1998 to destroy a Al Qaida terrorist camp. If we had any form of diplomatic relations with the Taliban, I doubt we would do that.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:17
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

The Ice Skating Institute supported tha Taliban? Those bastards! Whats the ISI?

lol
ISI is the Pakistani Intelligence Agency.
Pakistan the UAE and Saudi Arabia are all governments that are very close to the americans. Funding was passing though the Saudi's to the Taliban, support throught Pakistan etc.
I have read strong evidence that convinced me of this point, but for the life of me just when I need it I can't find it again.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:29

The only reason I could think the US government would support them is because another major faction was supported by the Russians and since Pakistan supported the other faction, the Taliban, the US probably gave money to support them.

Other then that I honestly believe the US government wiped their hands of them when they were sure the region was secure and the Russians didn't get their chosen faction in place, thus winning a small war so to speak. If they continued to support them, they were probably doing so to get their hands on Osama for the 1993 attack.

Other then that, their was no real strategic reason to support them. Well, as far as I could see anyways. I'm not sure if I gave the best reasoning, I'd like to think their was a good reason other then dumping money into countries for no apparent reason, example: Israel...

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:44
Yes, I would agree with most of that.
Pakistan supported the Taliban on US behalf.

Another reason for supporting the Taliban was so they could build that pipeline america wants.  They wanted to secure the country to make it possible, but the taliban wasn't ever providing that much security.

I'm sure there are more reasons too.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:47

I didn't know there was a pipeline project, learn something new everyday.

But doesn't the US buy most of it's oil through OPEC in the middle east? How would this work exactly if the pipeline went through?

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:58
They want a pipeline so they can transport caspian sea oil through Afghanistan and Pakistan so they don't have to rely on Russia or Iran. Probably also to reduce the dependence on the middle east

They keep having problems but becuase Afghanistan is never stable

Edited by Omar al Hashim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12