Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Walker Lindh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Walker Lindh
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 02:24
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

He is a traitor of our country, I believe he should be imprisoned because he is a citizen and he did fight against us.

I would've just exiled him.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 19:41

nice add on Genghis. The funny thing about your post is I can tell you pretty much summed up everything you thought on the issue with those two words.

leave it to Genghis, always consistent though

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 19:33
Kill him.
Member of IAEA
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 18:57

Originally posted by arch.buff

i guess he thoght he would never be caught? Strange, he doesnt exactly "fit in" even with a beard.

Probably should have worked on his tan a little more .

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 17:24
i guess he thoght he would never be caught? Strange, he doesnt exactly "fit in" even with a beard.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 17:20

If he really wanted to become part of the Taliban he should have renounced US citizenship when he swore allegiance to the Taliban. Someone who holds US citizenship and fights for the other side may be rightly considered a traitor. Be renouncing US citizenship he would no longer be American and the US would no longer have any responsibility to subject him to their justice system or a program for rehabilitation. However, he is a US citizen and must be considered a traitor, he must be sentenced and (if deemed desirable) rehabilitated by US law.

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 15:16

He should be under intense probation for the remainder of his life after he is released from prison. Whats to say this lunatic wont fly back to Afghanistan and start jihading  again?

Edited by arch.buff
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 15:10
He is a traitor of our country, I believe he should be imprisoned because he is a citizen and he did fight against us.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 14:47

Ok, I think you guys all remember this fellow back in late 2001 early 2002. Do you feel that his imprisonment was justified? or do you feel other wise?

"I plead guilty," he said. "I provided my services as a soldier to the Taliban last year from about August to December. In the course of doing so, I carried a rifle and two grenades. I did so knowingly and willingly knowing that it was illegal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walker_Lindh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12