Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The heart of ancient Persia was born last night!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The heart of ancient Persia was born last night!
    Posted: 15-Oct-2004 at 07:32

Thousands of the Persians and the Japanese last night gathered in the Persepolis to see the most splendid musical concert in Iran.

Here is the Apadana palace, like the last thousands years, the palace of Darius is in the rest, darkness and silence have occupied the space, suddenly the silence is broken with a mysterious voice which comes from the distance: A great god is Ahuramazda, who created this earth, who created yonder sky, who created man, who created happiness for man, ... and then the darkness is also broken!

It seems Persian soldiers have really come out of the walls!

Japanese Musicians

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2004 at 15:13
I wonder how the mullahs allowed this  
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2004 at 14:04
I agree with Ihsan; how did those musicians and actors manage to get away with such a spectacle?  Not only is the guy in the first picture apparently performing a Zoroastrian ritual (note the sacred fire in front of him), but didn't Ayatollah Khomeini ban all music, shortly after he took over?  This looks more like something the late Shah would have done.  Remember the big parade the Shah held on the same spot in 1971, to commemorate 2,500 years of Iranian culture.

Still, I think I would have liked to have been there to see it.  For some reason it also reminds me of the play the children in my church put on last year, to re-enact the story in the Old Testament Book of Esther.  My daughter played Queen Vashti in it.  Of course this is considerably fancier!
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2004 at 14:11
Hmm, nope music is not banned in Iran, light forms of it are allowed.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2004 at 14:49

I read somewhere that in Iran under the Mullahs, music is allowed, but only the traditional folk songs. It was an article about the Iranian-born Armenian singer Andy, and how he is very popular in Iran but all his albums are obtained by bootlegs and that if the police find people playing it they could get arrested. Thats what it said in the article, and as a result im amazed that the mullahs allowed something like this.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2004 at 14:47
I think Mullahs have also understood that they can't fight against our Persian identity, of course about music, we can't deny that limitations have really been reduced very much especially in the recent years, even they have allowed Women to sing in public!
Sabzevarian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sabzevarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2004 at 13:04
Is there any other sites with more information on this event?
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2005 at 17:35
This is a pretty ancient topic now!. But I need those picture. Cyrus, do u have those pictures on ur pc or some website?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 05:30
Sorry I don't have those pics, it seems CHN has removed them!
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 07:51
oh no
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 05:16

wasn't  the singer kokosh banned from singing in Iran?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 11:50
Googoosh yes, but only for public performances. she had concerts for only women in Tehran until 2 years ago when she went to California.

but as Cyrus said other women singers (who became singers after the revolution!) can have concerts in public.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 03:46

I found one of them:

Sabzevarian said that he has saved all of those pics and will email them to me  however I have not gotten any email from him yet!  

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 10:23
Thnx alot Cyrus

I've gotta chop his head off then! 
 Post Reply Post Reply