Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The recipe thread (serious attempt)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The recipe thread (serious attempt)
    Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 10:43
yup, identical, though leaving it simmer for a while after the seperation has occured, enhances teh flavour somewate. You can add garlic too for additional flavour.
Arrrgh!!"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 09:12
I mix cornflakes with my porridge, if anyone wants to try that...
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 17:49
I've tried it with Coco pops. Interesting.
But i've gone off cereals, i can't help but think its kiddie food.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 17:31
have u ever tried... fries with sundae? nice!!!
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 15:31
Originally posted by cahaya

D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!!! The hot and cold combination is euphoric! Hot fries with strawberry sundae...yummy! One of my favorite treats!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 15:50
yeaps... tht's wht i'm trying to say... yummy and yummy...

Burdokva View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Burdokva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 11:19
Meh, I've always wanted to post on this thread, but my poor english rather hampers me. Though I feel compelled to ask, what is sundae?
Unity makes Strenght
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 16:08
Originally posted by Burdokva

Meh, I've always wanted to post on this thread, but my poor english rather hampers me. Though I feel compelled to ask, what is sundae?

Burdokva, a "sundae" is one or two scoops of ice cream (any flavor) with a topping (fruits,nuts, fudge, or sprinkles, etc.) My favorite sundae is called a "hot fudge sundae" consisting of two scoops of vanilla ice cream with tons of hot melted chocolate fudge poured over the ice cream...oozing down the scoops and topped off with crushed almonds and/or pecans, with a high stack of whipped cream. OMG!!!!! I need to go get one right now!
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 15:37
Burdokva, a "sundae" is one or two scoops of ice cream (any flavor) with a topping (fruits,nuts, fudge, or sprinkles, etc.) My favorite sundae is called a "hot fudge sundae" consisting of two scoops of vanilla ice cream with tons of hot melted chocolate fudge poured over the ice cream...oozing down the scoops and topped off with crushed almonds and/or pecans, with a high stack of whipped cream. OMG!!!!! I need to go get one right now!

CoolBig%20smile

why does it call as sundae? is it because of sunday? or the person who created it name sundae? hehehehehehe......

check this out....

has religious influence???

It is generally accepted that the name "sundae" was created in response to the "Blue Laws" which said that ice cream sodas could not be sold on Sundays because they were to "frilly." For some reason the "righteous" very much against what they called "sucking soda" (especially on the Sabbath and the clergy started preaching against them). The dish has gone by other names at various time, most notably "sundi" and "sondhi." Some accounts have explained all these names as attempts to avoid offending the sensibilities of the devoutly religious, which might take a dim view of a pile of ice cream and syrup being named after the Sabbath.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 22:56
Originally posted by morticia

D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!!! The hot and cold combination is euphoric! Hot fries with strawberry sundae...yummy! One of my favorite treats!

I think you people are quite strange - french fries and ice crean sudaes. If you must have the hot and cold combo go for deep fried ice cream.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 23:02
Oh I had Fried Ice Cream at a Chinese restaurant once - it is absolutely delicious! Approve
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 13:49
here is a situation...

you have been invited to attend a class gathering (college) ... location: one of ur former classmate home, time: 11.30am.. theme: 'pot luck'

what u shud bring? the easiest and fastest dish to prepare..
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 15:06
Originally posted by Dawn

Originally posted by morticia

I think you people are quite strange - french fries and ice crean sudaes. If you must have the hot and cold combo go for deep fried ice cream.

....And you call us strange, Dawn?
"Morty

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2007 at 00:18

here is a situation...

you have been invited to attend a class gathering (college) ... location: one of ur former classmate home, time: 11.30am.. theme: 'pot luck'

what u shud bring? the easiest and fastest dish to prepare..
sorry for the late reply.
well I would go with an asian coleslaw type salad.

shredded cabage
slightly cooked snow peas and small broccoli florets
grated carrot
fresh bean sprouts
diced cooked chicken

and a sesame miso dressing

mix it all together and top it with some crushed dried ramin noodles( ichiban)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 06:45

last post 25/04/2007? wow.. !!...

I went to India last mth.. and here is one of my fav indian dish... RUMALI ROTI.. kind of Naan.. but thinner.. u can eat it with any type of curry.. taste yummy and delicious..

Here's the recipe.. but u need some skill to make it.. a little bit spinning and throwing...

http://www.indian-food-recipe.com/content/view/39/117/

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 11:29
She Lives!

Hmm, looks more like a type of Chipatti, than your standard Indian naan. There again naan just means bread, so theres no need to limit what sort of bread it can be i guess.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 23:38
I am alive....lol
Sad to say my internet connection have a prob.. (i have to come to int cafe to check my email! :P)
i called the serv provider comp... they cant solve the prob via phone.. they need some tech guy to come over my plc to check... but i am working 24 7.. plus.. i dont want anyone to see my outdated pc to laugh for.. so wait till i get a new one and solve the net prob then i'll be bck soon.. hope so.. hehehehe...

oh... the rumali.. totally different from chapati as is made from attar flour.. this rumali.. from.. the normal white flour.. it's has more elasticity tht's why the cook can toast it up and spin it around...

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2007 at 13:43
Any rice gurus here?
I cook my rice in a small rice cooker following the recomended water to rice ratio and it allways seems very sticky and lacking in fluffyness. I wash and soak the rice before cooking too.
Whats a guy to do?
Arrrgh!!"
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2007 at 21:19
When you wash the rice do you do it until it is completely clean( water runs clear)  if not do so. Other wise i would reduce the amount of water. After the cooked light on the cooker goes on fluff the rice with a fork and then let it sit for a few minutes,should help with fluffyness. If your rice cooker is the type that has makings on the inside for how much water to put in go just below the line for your amount. also measure the water after you have washed it. 

Edited by Dawn - 28-Jun-2007 at 21:22
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 02:06
I believe this is my first post in here.

Anyway, I was doing some random web surfing and came upon an article about a plant known as Stevia (Sweetleaf) located here. After doing some research on it in Wiki I have come to the conclusion that I would like to try this, my first question is has anyone else tried it and is it sweeter than actual sugar? Also, if anyone has tried it, do you know how easy it is to buy the stuff, and what would be a good price for it. As I'm not a gardener would you recommend that I just buy the stuff all ready processed, or should I try to grow it myself even though it seems to be a difficult plant to work with.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>