Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The recipe thread (serious attempt)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The recipe thread (serious attempt)
    Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 15:52
I hate visting this thread when I'm fasting!
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 23:49
Yeah me too....
*hunting for cendol and murtabak for breaking fast today... wuhuhu....Cool
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 06:02
I tried so much looking for vegetarian dishes. Guess I will have to go hungry on AE !
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 17:50
Originally posted by cahaya

Actually Kapikulu... in here.. u dont have to make cendol on ur own.. the green stuff u can see in the pic... so no need to worry about moong dal or pandan essence.. lol... in Ramadhan Market.. they will sell it in packet.. so u just grab one.. buy some coconut milk.. and coconut sugar.. hmm.. tht's it.. but in second thought.... u still have difficulty in finding these stuffs in ur place..lol

LOLVery understanding and thoughtful of youLOL
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 19:47
Originally posted by ok ge

I hate visting this thread when I'm fasting!

You can cook during the say and eat it after sunset.
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 19:56
Bolognese, Cywr style.

Serves two

1/4 kilo of mince beef/lamb
500 grams of Pasata (or a tin of chopped tomatoes)
1 cup of beef stock
1/2 cup of wine (optional)
tablespoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons red wine viniger
2-3 teaspoons sugar
Some dried basil
crushed garlic
olive oil for cooking

Heat olive oil in a saucepan (use very little, as lamb is naturaly a bit fatty), and cook garlic for a minute, then add the mince, and brown.
Now add the beef stock, wine (if using) and pasata, stir together and bring to the boil.
Add the paprika powder, cayenne pepper, viniger and sugar, stir in, and then leave to simmer for up to two hours (stiring occasional), uncovered.
The sauce should reduce to a lovely thick and rich sauce, taste, and add more whatever to taste.
Take the dried basil (2-3 tablespoons), and grind it in a mortar and pestle untill it becomes a fine powder, then stir that into the sauce.
Serve with pasta - spaghetti is traditional, but i prefer it with Coquillettes (French style macaroni) - and a few pinches of grated parmasan on top.

Edited by Cywr - 02-Oct-2006 at 17:03
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 00:07
nice dish...CYWR

Today i'm gonna make fried mee hoon for me and friends for break fast...
approx.. 5 people... maybe some jello... coconut milk jello... yummy yummy!!

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 00:19
Originally posted by Cywr

You can cook during the say and eat it after sunset.

If visiting the thread gets my stomach roaring, what do you think i will do if I was cooking LOL
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 19:32
A couple of months ago I posted a thread entitled "Twinkie Lasagna".  Everyone was appropriately disgusted, myself included.  However, I just picked up a copy of the twinkies cookbook that had the lasagna recipe. It's not what we had expected, I'll let you folks decide.

TWINKIE LASAGNA-
Serves 12                10 Twinkies, halved lengthwise

1 [12 ounce] bag semisweet or mil chocolate chips

1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

1 cup fresh raspberries

1 [3.4-ounce] package instant vanilla pudding mix

2 cups milk

1 [8 ounce] container frozen nondairy whipped 

topping, thawed

Arrange the Twinkies cut side up in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.  Place the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl and zap on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave for 15 to 30 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the Twinkies, then layer the strawberries and raspberries over the chocolate.  In a bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk and stir according to the package instructions, until thickened. Pour the pudding over the fruit, then spoon the whipped topping over the pudding. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until set.  

Edited by red clay - 07-Oct-2006 at 19:34
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 21:08
Google Bulgarian cuisine, great recipes for those who like balkan food.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 13:05
Yeah.. google Malay food recipes too.. u'll get hundreds of nice dishes there... LOL
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 13:10
chachay when are you preparing me a meal and inviting me to malaysia-truly asiaApprove
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 15:20

oh... one day.. insha Allah.. i'll invite everybody in AE.. lol...

by the way.. it's cahaya...

Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 11:58
yes i know it means shadow....am i right sister
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 22:06
it's far from shadow... Disapprove i'll give u a hint... check a post on ur nickname.. u'll find wht it means bro...
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 09:20
well i dont know.is it a muslim name?your avatar does not lok like you are a muslim sister.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 13:57

i google around and saw this website

for those who want to try malay traditional dishes for Eid.. make ur order now... the price is reasonable...
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 11:46
for those who want to try malay traditional dishes for Eid.. make ur order now... the price is reasonable...

i love non vegetarian food-mutton and chicken
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2006 at 13:24
Eid dishes malay style... from me.. i just finished cooking... yummy!!

Chicken Rendang... the main dish in Aidilfitri among Malaysian..

After sometimes.. cook till dry... I guess my rendang look a little bit oily...
Confused

Lontong...

Sambal Ikan Bilis.. i dont knw wht it calls in eng .. lol

Anyone who want to try.. please come to my home for eid.. ahehehehe

Edited by cahaya - 23-Oct-2006 at 13:51
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2006 at 15:30
Hmm, if it wasn't too oily, dry Rendang would be great, but eat it with some sort of bread, a good absorbant one like Naan or Soda bread to suck up those precious flavouroids.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>