Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can armenians reclaim eastern anatolia??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can armenians reclaim eastern anatolia??
    Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:23

the female gender is a reason for preference

so any armenian willing to come to istanbul should

1. be female

2. be able to travel at least 3 hour from one side of bosphorus to another without getting nuts

3. speak terrible turkish cause it's the only way to communicate in istanbul

4. be able to spit onto street, spoil the environment, car-horn every minute etc.

history is just a repetation of itself
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:29

I think their turkish is realy realy sweat, I can fall love with an armenian woman just for this.

4. be able to spit onto street, spoil the environment, car-horn every minute etc.

We can teach these.

cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 15:11
Originally posted by Mortaza

I think their turkish is realy realy sweat, I can fall love with an armenian woman just for this.

then you can fall in love with a voice recorder theoretically

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 15:13
hehe why not If you support this voice recorder with a fine body.
cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 15:20

then voice alone SOUNDS nothing

you gotta have a big " antenna" to get picture

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 16:06
nice dialogue guys.
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 21:34

What an "intellectual discussion".

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 18:58
well...
Turkey to recognize th genocide ?
well if in star wars 7 this happens,
some nice guys took care to let very few armenians live,just in case their grandchildren would recognize the genocide.

cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 13:13

Originally posted by Digenis

some nice guys took care to let very few armenians live,just in case their grandchildren would recognize the genocide.

sorry but owing to terrible grammar i could not understand your sentence

cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 13:19

BTW MORTAZA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE CONVERSATION

HE CAME UP WITH ARMENIAN WOMEN, ISTANBUL, VOICE ETC AND MESSED IT ALL!!!

I MUST CONFESS I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BY IGNORANT ATTITUDE OF DEAR ARMENIAN FELLOWS WHEN THEY RETAINED THEIR SILENCE WHEN I OPENED THE TOPIC TO THEIR HIGH HYPOTHESES... THEY SOUNDED NOTHING

HMMM INTERESTING

THEN ONE MUST ASK HIMSELF WHAT ALL THIS HULLABALLOO IS ABOUT 

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 23:19

Your grammar isn't any better.

cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:28
then you make it clear pls
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 19:33
No more than Greece could reclaim Constantinople or I could claim land that belonged to my papoo' family in Eastern Thrace.
Really no more than the Spokan-e tribe (Salish) can reclaim the land where the city of Spokane, WA sits (Spo-can), my city.
Turkey should face its past because it needs to deal with it if there is going to be any serious consideration for EU entry. For myself, as a Greek American I hold no grudges but I really do not know how other Greeks and Armenians feel since I am isolated from both communities in America.

Many Americans have faced what they did to the Native Americans so I think it would be good for the Turkish people and their relations with the west.

Edited by eaglecap
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
armenica View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote armenica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 10:57

Half the map of Europe was redrawn for not more than 15 years ago. When the Turkeish government does acknowledge the Armenian Genocide, what is preventing the posibility of territorial compensations? Getting back the entire Western Armenia is not realistic, but Ardahan, Kars and the Igdir Plain could theoretically be claimed.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 11:43
....the people who live in those lands have to decide if they want to be part of Armenia; not the Armenian government, not the Turkish government, and not  Europeans or the US.

And so far I never heard of people wanting to join Armenia, so even if the Genocide is recognized, the lands will not be given back, lets be realistic...
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 17:34
Not really. Armenians live in the vicinity of the Middle-East, so anything can happen... Don't forget that a lot of islamicized Armenians live in Western Armenia, including Hamshentsi Armenians.

Why is Europe allocating billions of Euros to resettle the Metskhetian Turks in Georgia?

http://www.regnum.ru/english/590482.html

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 19:42

Anyone can claim anywhere. Actually getting it, though, might prove kinda difficult.

....the people who live in those lands have to decide if they want to be part of Armenia; not the Armenian government, not the Turkish government, and not  Europeans or the US.

And so far I never heard of people wanting to join Armenia, so even if the Genocide is recognized, the lands will not be given back, lets be realistic...

Finally, some sensible comment.

When the Turkeish government does acknowledge the Armenian Genocide, what is preventing the posibility of territorial compensations?

How about the second largest military in NATO?

Not really. Armenians live in the vicinity of the Middle-East, so anything can happen... Don't forget that a lot of islamicized Armenians live in Western Armenia, including Hamshentsi Armenians.

No Armenians are left there. Hemshenis are not very many, and they are likely to shoot you if you call them Armenian, so I wouldn't trust them that much personally. 

This may be possible if you can convince the Kurds to join Armenia, though. But, of course, they would rather join Kurdistan than Armenia, if they had the choice. Good luck, anyway, you're gonna need it.  

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 19:49
Georgia is a stooge of US and Turkey.Don't expect much from Javakh situation

same goes for hemsins.They are one of the most religious(muslim) people in Turkey I known of.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 19:58
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

No Armenians are left there. Hemshenis are not very many, and they are likely to shoot you if you call them Armenian, so I wouldn't trust them that much personally.

Eastern Hamshenis call themselves Armenians. Islamicized Armenians still recognize that they are Armenians whose grandparents converted to Islam during WW1. I'm not arguing about the land issue here (I already gave my opinion on that), I'm just clarifying that many Hamshenis identify themselves as Armenians (especially in the Eastern group).

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 20:07
According to wikipedia and Armenian government, yes.I am from hopa
 and I think I know enough Hemsins to say that they don't call themselves
 Armenian.

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>