Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArmenian killings - mutual massacres or genocide?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armenian killings - mutual massacres or genocide?
    Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 09:47
Originally posted by Alkiviades

Probably it's a problem of the fact that Enver, Talaat & gang are viewed as sorts of national heroes (Kemalists before Kemal, sorts of) so people are rather reluctant on viewing them as the horrible monsters they actually were. But from that point to the point of saying that Turks today should accept they are cold-blooded murderers ...well, it's a bit silly, isn't it? 

Nobody gives a f**k about Enver, Talat, etc. I'm trying to tell the psychological dimension of the reactions. In Turkey people perceives that themselves are accused for being such murderers just because they defended themselves from annihilation. The continuous foreign pressure makes common people think "Nobody loves us and just like yesterday everybody wants to destruct us!" This pathetic behaviour is fed by foreign  pressure.

So there's a misunderstanding between Turks and foreigners. For example Armenian diaspora wants to put accepting the genocide as a condition to accession to EU for Turkey. However  wtih such a way they strengthen hypernationalists in Turkey. The nationalists manage to persuade the majority that any progress in democracy, etc will serve to Armenian cause.

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 09:53

The Ottoman archives are accessible at this link:

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/kitap/

Most of it is in Tukrish but some of the archives are also translated in English.

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/kitap/belge/991/2.PDF

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/kitap/belge/991/8.PDF

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/kitap/belge/991/7.PDF

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/kitap/belge/991/10.PDF

The figure of 600,000 dead is estimating by adding up all the figures.

During the period a total of 3 million muslims have dies all over the empire according to McCarthy.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V119/N23/col23guest2.23c.html

Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 10:00

I am quite sure the Turkish public is not retard and what you describe is retard. What are the people of the country, kids that should be pampered and taken by the hand for around the corner lies the Big Bad Armenian? This is bull... or it is time for the Turks to grow up and accept reality. Either way, I don't think this is the point. I have talked to many Turks and I've read what your fellow countrymen (the vast majority, those that could be deemed as "nationalists") write on this board. Frankly, I haven't seen anything like what you describe. All I've seen is cynicism ("yeah, we slaughtered them, but they started first" or "yah, we've killed many, but it wasn't a genocide, it was just relocation") and similar bull.

So, what you perceive as a psychological barrier does NOT exist among the resident Turks of AE. They perfectly know what happened, but they a)consider the Armenians "had it coming" and b)Don't like to call it "a genocide".

P.S. you/b] might not give a f**k on Enver and Talaat, but I believe others do...

If you wanna play arrogant with me, you better have some very solid facts to back up that arrogance, or I'll tear you to pieces
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 10:13
Let me tell you, you think that there's a much developed intellectual environment here and you are wrong my friend. Those you talk are mostly the students who like to surf on the internet who are fed up with official education and form a little minority of the people. Turkish people are very emotional on this issue. Even %90 of them don't know who Talat is. They only think that themselves are accused for what happened and they afraid that foreigners will take huge compensations from us. Don't tell me my own people... 
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 10:27

I don't know, probably you are right in some aspects, but I still believe this is only part of the picture. The fact that the governments instead of "feeding" the reality to the people on this issue, reproduce the denial syndrome and appeal to the fears of the people, shows that there's more than what you say there.

bg_turk, first of all, I don't speak Turkish. I'd love to, but I don't. I suppose you don't speak Greek either. So, what should I do with a pack of documents in Turkish that do not contain any numbers, with a single paragraph in English stating that "there have been atrocities by Armenians and Russians" etc. etc.

The 600.000 figure the article you post... I am afraid you misread it: The two Turkish guys say that McArthy has estimated that 600.000 Armenians died during the genocide. The 3 million figure about the Muslim population is an unnamed official estimation of the Turkish side - with no reference about where, what and when.

As I said before, the lowest estimation on the Armnenian losses is the 600K+ and is probably the one by McCarthy (the next lower is about 65)K). Where are some valid estimations (with the basis of the estimation available and also things as reasoning and exact timeframe) about the "3 millions"? It's a figure those two guys pulled out of their stomach - easily refutable: at the moment the empire was a rather huge place and the Russians/Armenians only acted in a relatively very small area in space. I am sure the whole Muslim population of the small area we talk was way below the 3 millions...

P.S. Since you are a turk, why the Bulgarian flag?

If you wanna play arrogant with me, you better have some very solid facts to back up that arrogance, or I'll tear you to pieces
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 10:57

I don't know, probably you are right in some aspects, but I still believe this is only part of the picture. The fact that the governments instead of "feeding" the reality to the people on this issue, reproduce the denial syndrome and appeal to the fears of the people, shows that there's more than what you say there.

You are trying to paint a picture of "denial" where Turkish people are fed propaganda by the government. Not at all! The moment a Turkish government accept the allegations as genocide, it will be thrown out. The turkish public will never accept the term genocide and a one sided picture of the events to be painted.

The 600.000 figure the article you post... I am afraid you misread it: The two Turkish guys say that McArthy has estimated that 600.000 Armenians died during the genocide. The 3 million figure about the Muslim population is an unnamed official estimation of the Turkish side - with no reference about where, what and when.

In fact I posted that in support of the 3 million figure. I only know Turkish sources that claim the 600000 figure, I am not aware of independent research into the number of muslim casualties of war.

The 600 000 figure is supported by research carried out by Yusuf Halacoglu over the Ottoman Archives. It is note worty though that he severely underestimates armenian casualties, Ottoman Archives are not very accurate in accounting for the Armenian death. But this does not mean that they are not a reliable source for the turks that have been killed.

P.S. Since you are a turk, why the Bulgarian flag?

I am a Bulgarian citizen of Turkish origin, there are around a million turks in Bulgaria.  

Edited by bg_turk
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:10
Ottoman archives, AFAI can figure out - by the absence of numbers, for instance - do not say anything about "3 millions" or whatever. They just talk about atrocities generally. Even the guys you quoted do not say anything about Ottoman archives - they talk about "estimations" "demographics" and other nebulous nonsequential non-evidence.

Could you underline the specific passages in the archives that talk about specific numbers of Muslim casualties and the point where they say that those muslim casualties have been a)in the area the Russian and Armenian operated and b)have been directly or indirectly a result of those operations.

Sorry for being pedantic, but I don't like assertions out of the blue posted as some sort of official truth, and I'd like some actual proof on that. You don't mind, do you?

P.S. I am fully awary that any Turkish government that accepts the genocide has signed its political death certificate. I was questioning why the Turkish government, instead of playing the card of "poor relative who has never done any harm but is disliked by everyone", instead of trying to break the truth (subtly and slowly) to the public...
The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:16

Can I see something of those archives, please?

In don't know about a site-but they are open to public-you can go see them

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:21

it was just relocation") and similar bull.

So, what you perceive as a psychological barrier does NOT exist among the resident Turks of AE. They perfectly know what happened, but they a)consider the Armenians "had it coming" and b)Don't like to call it "a genocide".

I'm sorry, have you managed to prove otherwise-or are you just labelling everything we say bulls***t, and not exactly prove a point

Yes, and you know a lot about the psychology of the Turkish residents of AE don't you?(mine is obvious but the other ones?)

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:23

Could you underline the specific passages in the archives that talk about specific numbers of Muslim casualties and the point where they say that those muslim casualties have been a)in the area the Russian and Armenian operated and b)have been directly or indirectly a result of those operations.

Could you do the same thing for Armenians in your own proofs and documents?

&nb
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:26

P.S. I am fully awary that any Turkish government that accepts the genocide has signed its political death certificate. I was questioning why the Turkish government, instead of playing the card of "poor relative who has never done any harm but is disliked by everyone", instead of trying to break the truth (subtly and slowly) to the public...

When it has been accepted worldwide and documented-proven true in other words(and there is nothing else to do when you are proven as the bad guy)

Edited by The Guardian
                             &nb
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:41
Most of the proofs that prove the Armenian Genocide are not Armenian sources.While all of the Muslim losses are from Turkey itself, so why the hell can we trust what the government is saying. You say "come to look at our archives", it has been 90 years since the Genocide, what is there to look at, all the documents pertaining to the genocide are gone. Why would Turkey invite people to look through the archives if they can find documents implicating Turks of genocide, come on now...poeople are not stupid, they know that this "all archive" policy is just bull.

lol, and omg big turk arent all those devlet...sites part of the Turkey ministry's website? which seem to not work right now...great sources, you will educated the whole world about the Armenian Genocide with those sources, no kidding...
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:49

Originally posted by mamikon

Most of the proofs that prove the Armenian Genocide are not Armenian sources.While all of the Muslim losses are from Turkey itself, so why the hell can we trust what the government is saying. You say "come to look at our archives", it has been 90 years since the Genocide, what is there to look at, all the documents pertaining to the genocide are gone. Why would Turkey invite people to look through the archives if they can find documents implicating Turks of genocide, come on now...poeople are not stupid, they know that this "all archive" policy is just bull.

I strongly recommend you not to make statements that you just possibly can't back it up.

Plus I never heard of any documents on your account

&nb
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 13:07

Originally posted by mamikon

The ottoman archives contain relevant data about the muslim casualties, the armenian colaboration with the Russians,  the russian and armenian massacres perpetrated against the local population. All issues which have been overlooked by many western historians.

lol, and omg big turk arent all those devlet...sites part of the Turkey ministry's website? which seem to not work right now...great sources, you will educated the whole world about the Armenian Genocide with those sources, no kidding...

The state archives, like in most countries, are stored and controlled by the government, I do not understand why are you surprised by that?

My intention was not to disprove anything, but to give a fuller picture of the events.

Given your belittling and denialist attitude against the muslim deaths during the period, I really see no point in discussing this further at all.  

PS: bg_turk  stands for Turk from BulGaria, not big turk.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:36
Okay, some things I've noticed.

When you say "500,000 Turks died in the Eastern provinces", many of those deaths were due to the Russian invasion, not Armenian gangs (assuming the number is even coming from a reliable source...). If Armenian gangs (notice that I'm not using the word "army", because they were not equipped or organized enough to be considered an army, as well as their small size) can kill 500,000 Turks, don't you think Russia could wipe out at least 10 million or so? What about the Allies? Turks stopped them at Gallipoli but they can't crush an uprising of a few thousand men in the Eastern provinces? That's some sensational reasoning.

Second...if the only intention was to stop rebellions by Armenians, why did they relocate hundreds of thousands of women and children? Why not exile those who are clearly involved in revolutionary activities, and leave their women and children at home?

And okay, I understand some Armenians have the backward mentality of the "Big, Bad Turk", but I've noticed some Turks speak of Armenians as if they were all traitors to the Ottoman Empire. That, and they confuse "Armenian traitors", with Armenians who were actually in the Russian army. Eastern Armenia was part of Russia during WW1, and if Russia attacks Turkey from the Caucasus, guess what? Theres going to be a significant amount of Armenians invading under the Russian flag. I'm not saying this to try and prove there was no Armenian gangs, there were. But some of the exaggerated numbers of Turkish deaths come from people who don't even know that Eastern Armenia was part of Russia, meaning that theres going to be plenty of Armenians invading with them.

Originally posted by kapikulu

I will give you the Ottoman census in 1914, and considering that these records were under foreign control, this census is reliable.

Ottoman records were under foreign control prior to WW1?

Armenian population in Ottoman Empire: 1.221.850 people

Not according to non-Turkish/non-Armenian historians like Robert H. Hewson:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Images/Chicago/hewsen233.htm l

Originally posted by bg_turk

If indeed a complete annihilation was the purpose of the turks, why didn't they finish the job off completely?

They didn't finish the job because of small pockets of Armenian resistance + Ottoman defeat in WW1. Mainly Ottoman defeat.

Why are there still armenians in Turkey?

Why are there still Jews in
Germany? The plan wasn't 100% successful.

Turks had to defend themselves by all means possible, and their desperation they certainly went too far.

So how far would the government have to go for us to call the event "genocide"? Tell me exactly what had to be done for us to look back and say "that was genocide"?

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 17:12

I want to quote an essay of Murat Bardak, who recently revealed Talat Pasha's personal notebook in which the exact numbers of the deported Armenians took place. I took this translated version from www.armeniangenocide.com I think it's an important data:

Translated by The Genocide Archive Project

Title: Here is the Truth in the Black Covered Book
From a series appearing in the Istanbul daily Hurriyet, 25 April 2005
By Murat Bardakci

Prime Minister Talaat Pasha had carefully recorded the post 1915 population
movements and statistics in a 10x15 cm size notebook, kept with care to this
day by his wife Hayriye and Talaats granddaughter Aysegul Bafrali.

According to Talaat Pashas notes, the number of Armenians subjected to
mandatory deportations in accordance with the Temporary Deportation Law
issued on 27 May 1915 is 924,158. The city where the exile was enforced the
most extensively was Sivas with 141,592 people, while the province of Konya
was the least with 4,381 people.

The figures about the Armenian deportations make up the third section of
Talaat Pashas black covered notebook. The Pasha first notes the number of
Armenians that were subjected to mandatory deportations on the pages devoted to the deportations. Then, he provides a list of how many Armenians and the
provinces of the Empire against which the Law of Deportations were enforced.

Later in the notebook, the breakdown of Armenian orphans not deported is
given per province, followed by a summary of the buildings, real estate,
farms, mines and franchises left behind by or expropriated from Armenians.

According to Talaat Pashas notes, the number of Armenians subjected to
mandatory deportations in accordance with the Temporary Deportation Law
issued on 27 May 1915 is 924,158. The city where the exile was enforced the
most extensively was Sivas with 141,592 people while the province of Konya
was the least with 4,381 people.

However, it can be seen that the Pasha shows 270 fewer deportees in one of
the provinces.

THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT OF THE DEPORTATIONS

Being a primary document on the Armenian deportations, the above list appears in the black covered book of Prime Minister Talaat Pasha as shown.
After this page comes a breakdown of the orphans and a summary of the
buildings, real estate, farms, mines and franchises left behind by the
Armenians.

Talaat Pasha Joins the Debate 90 Years Later

The Prime Minister the Minister of the Interior and the architect of the
Deportations Talaat Pasha, is speaking today for the first time since the
events of 1915 exactly 90 years ago and taking part in the deportation
discussions with documents in his private archive that havent been published up to now!

Yesterday, I had written the following on my page in my introduction of
the article series as well. The deportation numbers and other information
found in this series are based upon a 10x15 cm size notebook I took with the
intention of publishing from Talaat Pashas wife Hayriye and Talaats
granddaughter Aysegul Bafrali that belonged to the Pasha and other documents
of his that have been with me for years. The black covered book in which the Pasha had the post 1915 population movements and statistics recorded
has three parts: the Muslim refugees, the Armenian deportees, those Greeks
and Arabs that likewise have been deported for anti-state activities and
the real-estate that was left behind by the non-Muslims.

At the very start of the series, I must draw your attention to one matter:

Due to the lack of essential, realistic studies on these subjects up to now,
the numbers in the black covered notebook of Talaat Pasha and his other
documents may sound very strange or even high to some of us. However, with
every single one of them being a primary source, these numbers are like
defense exhibits against the genocide accusations full of exaggerated
figures.

Let the willingly ignorant among us who say, We not only slaughtered the
Armenians but the Kurds too. Let us apologize for the genocide we perpetrated and let the issue be settled cast no shadow and let our
academics lay the shallow we didnt kill them; they killed us aside
and take a learned approach.

Let Leylegian rest assured. We turned Talat Pashas tomb into a dump.

You must have seen it in the newspapers: the president of the organization
based in Brussels called European Armenian Federation, Laurent Leylegiyan,
made some strange demands last week from the Turkish government.

Evidenced by his demands that betray a complete harmony between his name and
his mindset, Mr. Leylekyan wanted the demolition of the mausoleum of Talaat
Pasha in Istanbul, and a change to street names named after Talaat and Enver; and the closing of the museums showing the Armenian crimes against the Turks; and the laws banning the mention of the genocide.

After reading Leylegians drivel, I remembered an old Iranian saying,
'Diváne rá kalem nist', in other words, the fool will not be charged for
sinning and laughed. However, what I saw in the vicinity of Sisli turned
my smile into a bitter grimace and I thought we had already carried out
some of Leylegians demands on our own.

Yesterday morning I went to photograph the tomb of Talaat Pasha on the Hill
of Eternal Liberty at Sisli for the purpose of using the pictures in the
series and instead of a tomb, I came across a dump! As if a new revolt had
taken place at the site where the mausoleums of Talaat, Enver, Mahmut Sevket, and Midhat Pashas along with the martyred soldiers in the revolt of
March 31 are found. The lock of the mausoleum below the monument was broken and the tomb downstairs had now become the destination for drunkards. The
tombs in the park were being used as beer cases. In short, everything was heart rending.

The same place was in the same shape days before the reinterring of Enver Pashas ashes from Tajikistan. After I had brought the situation to light,
it was hastily cleaned up but following the funeral of the Pasha, all had
returned to the same routine.

Let the president of European Armenian Federation, Laurent Leylegian, rest
assured and not go through the trouble of making such demands of the Turkish
government. As long as the Metropolitan Municipality which is in charge of
the Hill of Eternal Liberty maintain its indifference, there will not
remain a any evidence of the tombs not only Talaat Pasha but also those
martyrs who are in their eternal sleep here, unless the site is turned over
to the Military!

He was a Postal Clerk but Became a Prime Minister

You must surely know of Talaat Pasha, for whom we have been naming boulevards, streets, neighborhoods and schools, but let me briefly remind you anyway.

His full name being Mehmed Talaat, Talaat Pasha was born in Edirne on 20
August 1874. He lost his father at a young age and entered the Postal and
Telegraphic service to feed his family. He became a founder of Ittihad &
Terakki. He was arrested for his activities against the regime of Abdul
Hamid and was jailed for 25 months and then was exiled to Salonica.

Employed as a mailman here, Mehmed Talaat was elected to Parliament from Edirne after the proclamation of the Second Constitution in 1908. He was made Interior Minister in the cabinet of Hussein Hilmi Pasha, and Minister of Postal and Telegraph Service in the cabinet of Kucuk Said Pasha. Talaat was one of the planners of the raid on the Sublime Porte on 23 January
1913, and one of the three top leaders of the Ittiahad & Terakki Party
together with Enver and Jemal Pashas. He became the Interior Minister once
again in the cabinet of Said Halim Pasha created on June 13, and personally
oversaw the Armenian deportations in 1915. He was made prime minister on 4
February 1917 and received the title pasha.

Having resigned on 8 October 1918, upon our defeat in WWI, Talaat Pasha left
Turkey with the other Ittihad & Terakki leaders during the night of 2 November on a German submarine. He first went to Russia, then to Germany.

Talaat Pasha was declared as the greatest enemy by Diaspora Armenians
because of the measures he took in the Armenian events in Anatolia during
the war years, and was murdered in Berlin in the morning of 15 March 1921, by an Armenian partisan called Sogomon Tehlirian with a bullet to his neck.
Tehlirian was acquitted in the German court where he was tried. The ashes
of the Pasha were brought to Istanbul from Berlin on 25 February 1944, 24
years after the murder and were interned at the Hill of Eternal Liberty with
great military ceremony. http://www.armeniangenocide.com/forum/showpost.php?p=873& ; ; ;postcount=1

EDIT: I put this essay just as a source of data, not as an expression of my own ideas...

Edited by kotumeyil
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 18:25

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

So how far would the government have to go for us to call the event "genocide"? Tell me exactly what had to be done for us to look back and say "that was genocide"?

In your opinion does the Hiroshima bombing (200,000 dead) deserve to be called a Japanese Genocide? 

This is exactly how I feel about the killings of the Armenians.

Very much like the Japanese in their war against the USA, Armenian extremists threatened the territorial integrity of the Ottoman Empire and the well being of its subjects, colaborated with invading Russian forces and exterminated many innocent muslims to pave the way for independent Armenia. As a result of the actions of these extremists, who were not a small minority at all,  many innocent armenians paid a very heavy price later when the balance of power was no longer on their side.

All I am saying is that muslims were killed too, each side suffered horrible massacres, so I do not object to the term "Genocide", I object to the term "Armenian Genocide" which gives a one sided portrayal of the events. 

This is my position. I do not want to hurt anybodies feelings, neither do I expect that we will reach an agreement, so i suggest we stop here. We have nothing to contribute but some anecdotal arguments since most of the evidence of the armenian side is already on the table. But there is solid evidence of the muslim massacres during the same period in the form of exhumed mass graves, testimonies, Ottoman archives. Many of these have never been taken seriously in the West, some of them have never even been translated into English.

I sincerely believe part of the truth is not told, and I am determined to bring it to light, 70 million turks simply cannot all be branded to be denialist. Meanwhile I will never accept the one-sided term "Armenian Genocide" to be used for these events. If you truely believe in your cause, then fight for it, I wish you good luck, but I do not believe you are right.

Edited by bg_turk
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 21:26
"Given your belittling and denialist attitude against the muslim deaths during the period, I really see no point in discussing this further at all".  what??

would you care to post my message supporting that?

"Plus I never heard of any documents on your account"

http://www.lib.byu.edu/~rdh/wwi/comment/Armenia2/ArmeniaTC.h tm

http://americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4436

http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/4024.html

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/Kurds%20an d%20Christians,%20Some%20of%20the%20Oppressions%20and%20Crue lties%20in%20Times%20of%20Peace%20-%20NYT%20-%20Jan%2016,% 20 1895.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/Persecutio n%20of%20the%20Armenians%20and%20Kurdish%20Fiendish%20Cruelt y%20-%20NYT%20-%20Mar%2016,%2019,%201895.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Shades%20of%20 Altruism%20in%20the%20Armenian%20Genocide.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/NYT-Tell%2 0of%20Horrors.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/Report%20C hristians%20in%20Peril%20in%20Turkey%20and%20Says%20Turks%20 Advise%20Christians%20to%20Flee%20-%20NYT%20Article%20-%20 No v%2012,%201914,%20Jan%2011-13,%201915.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/Armenians% 20Killed%20with%20Axes%20by%20Kurds%20-%20NYT%20Current%20Hi story%20-%20Nov%201917.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Committee%20of %20Mercy.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Hitler%20and%2 0the%20Armenian%20Genocide.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Good%20Turks.p df

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Shades%20of%20 Altruism%20in%20the%20Armenian%20Genocide.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/UN%20Report%20 on%20Genocide%20(excerpts).pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Genocides%20and%20Other %20Gross%20Human%20Rights%20Violations.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Patterns%20of%20Genocid e.pdf

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/DocsMaps/Armin%20T%20We gner%20Photos.pdf

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2005/09/29/65353

http://www.teachgenocide.org/documents/index.htm#NEWS

http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/Newsaccounts/NYT%20Arti cles/NYT%20Article%20-%20Nov%2012,%201916.pdf#search='German %20Accounts%20of%20Armenian%20Genocide'

anyway, I will continue later, you should get through these first. Btw if you have a college library, go there and take a look at New York times archives from 1915, there are more than 100 articles on the Armenian Genocide. I would post them here, but no one can access since its you have to go through the school...sry if I didn't link alll of them I got other stuff to do, I find the last link most revealing.

Now can I see any non-Turkish sources? (except those of McCarthy and Lewy)

oh and please dont ignore the bold statement...makes you look bad

Edited by mamikon
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 22:56

In your opinion does the Hiroshima bombing (200,000 dead) deserve to be called a Japanese Genocide? 

There is a difference... It was the tragic consenquence of a war between two countries, United States and Japan.

In the Ottoman Empire, Ottoman Armenian citizens were killed by their own government which was supposed to protect them during the War...

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 23:02

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

I will give you the Ottoman census in 1914, and considering that these records were under foreign control, this census is reliable.

Ottoman records were under foreign control prior to WW1?

Armenian population in Ottoman Empire: 1.221.850 people

Not according to non-Turkish/non-Armenian historians like Robert H. Hewson:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Images/Chicago/hewsen233.htm l

I am just answering these as you quoted me here...As I said before, every topic is tried to be drawn to the same subjects under different topics..

I didn't say Ottoman records were under foreign control, I said Ottoman census/population records were under foreign control..Well,control is a little heavy, I could have said supervision or inspection.

There are zillions of historians giving different numbers on the population, but even the neutral sources' maximum limits are around 1.5 millions...I will give more details about it later, I dont have my books with me right now...

If everybody is still hungry for more discussion after all being done for months, that's worrying...

And Mamikon, do you have any other reliable sources than teachgenocide.org

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>