Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims and Idolatry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslims and Idolatry
    Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 00:19

Originally posted by Maju

It must be in Arabic.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was in English.

That something is in the Internet is (in itslef proof of nothing): according to the Net atlantis has been found in about 125 different settings, Elvis Presley is alive and Arabia is a department of Bhutan. 

So start quoting date and place or book where he said that.

Do you read English, Maju?

Originally posted by Mira

I don't know if putting words between quotes is necessarily the best way to use google, but I really didn't know they put up scientific journal articles for free on the internet?  Be ready to pay if you're looking for something worth reading.

If I find the details of that article, I'll certainly share.

Anyhow, that Einstein or the Pope could be against something that doesn't disprove it, obviously.

I never said it was proof of anything.  That was a rhetorical statement.

If the scientific evidence available was adequate, Einstein would have been first to believe in it!

Edited by Mira
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 07:40
If idolatary is not permitted in Islam, doesn't the worship of the shrine (i think it is a black rectangular stone covered with fabric) also constitute a form of idolatory ? Just asking ?
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 10:15
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

If idolatary is not permitted in Islam, doesn't the worship of the shrine (i think it is a black rectangular stone covered with fabric) also constitute a form of idolatory ? Just asking ?
Kaba is a reprsentation of god's house on earth. If god in the sky and Muslims need to form one uniformed line directing to a center on this earth, it is the Kabah.
By this century, most people know Kabah significance. Only during the ages of Orientalists were these claims were made.
If you do more search, you will be surprised to know that the blood of a Muslim is holier than that stone shape as Islam  value life more than a structure of stone that can be built and built and rebuilt.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 02:03
Originally posted by ok ge

[QUOTE=Vivek Sharma]
If you do more search, you will be surprised to know that the blood of a Muslim is holier than that stone shape as Islam value life more than a structure of stone that can be built and built and rebuilt.

Good philosophy. What does it say about the blood of a non muslim / kafir ?
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 13:19
Originally posted by Loknar

Yes that is another thing, Muslims wash their hands before the handle the Koran.

A book is mere print and words. When a bible gets old and worn out I see nothing wrong with throwing it out and buying a new one. The real crime according to the bible is actually altering its meaning.

If my hands are dirty, I sure wash them before reading Quran.
When I read Quran, I even use highlighters , take notes, cross reference some verses with other translations, etc..

This is called studying and it is my duty to understand better. More I understand, more I am closer to God.

And I carry my Quran with me during my travels (in my backpack along with my business related documents, and personal things ). Most of the hotels include bibel in their guest rooms but unfortunately no Quran :(

And I do not throw out Quran. Why do I ? while I am keeping many meaningless things in my house ;)

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 14:18

Good philosophy. What does it say about the blood of a non muslim / kafir ?

it says what it says in the Quran, verse 32 of chapter 5:
"if any one slew a person, unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land, it would be as if he slew the whole people, and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people"

The example of a Muslim blood was drawn because no doubt that Muslims value Ka'bah and many of them do not know that it is a representation. Its value is in its representation, not the stones itself. It simply says, this Kabah that more than a billion Muslims bow to it everyday, worth less than a drop of blood of one of those who admire it. The irony (I hope you catch it this time) is that the admirer is valued higher than what he admires, simply because human life is sacred.

Edited by ok ge - 12-Oct-2006 at 14:20
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 03:13
This seems to be borrowed from the older philosophies.
anyway, theologically speaking A representation of something in some form or by some form or through some form would be what is called idolatory, only difference being that the form would be different. It could be material or abstract, living or non living.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 01:34

This seems to be borrowed from the older philosophies.
anyway, theologically speaking A representation of something in some form or by some form or through some form would be what is called idolatory, only difference being that the form would be different. It could be material or abstract, living or non living.

That definition needs more cooking in its essense and less spices in wording.
According to this, Christians using the Cross as a representation of the Christ, God, or salvation are idolators.
Believe me, it is not so hard to understand this. A- you want people to line up and pray in a uniform fashion B- you want them all to face the same direction, same destination anywhere on the globe, C- you decide a center for this global congression. Simple.
Borrowed from older philosophies? elaborate please.
D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345