Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XI.3 - Thank you for playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XI.3 - Thank you for playing
    Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 13:12
Clarification for Question 10:

"Troublesome times in the family and country - A nomadic power had recently invaded nearby regions"

...means that a foreign nomadic power had recently invaded nearby regions and caused trouble to the empire/kingdom of the ruling family.

The next update will probably be around 3 pm (in two hours).

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 15:59
Scores have been updated again. Sorry for the delay. I was all over the place today....

On Question 14, again "Emperor" has to be taken literally. That is, the line of rulers were known as Emperors historically and not merely as kings.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 16:28
When I saw the first three questions, I said myself: " Wow, they made the total quiz much easier than before" but as I go through, well it has been ...Finally I have personally given error in my brain, especially after questions of Decebal, Dawn and especially Poirot, after that last question, I had gone offline, with a blue screen asking to abort,retry, ignore or fail
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 17:43
An alternate answer has been accepted for Question 16. This will boost many of your points.

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 17:53
Now I realize how I got a point for 16
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:00
Congratulations Decebal!
AAAAAAAAAA

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 20:05
Yes, kudos to Decebal for his clean sweep. Same to Dawn, if Q14 will advance to the second round. 

BoudiccasWrath, sorry that I didn't see your answer earlier for the "heavenly palance" question.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 23:02
if I give you cinnamon buns I just made will you up date the scores now ?
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 23:28
I think I have to stick with the 4 hour intervals, unless you can convince me to accept another alternate answer.

Also, I am not sure if I can guarentee many updates tomorrow. I'll be working on an extremely tight schedule tomorrow morning, so only a few more guesses left! this I do apologize for, but hopefullly, the fact that we had 48 hours can give me some leeway.

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 23:56
Dawn, your answer does not fit one of the criteria (named city after himself).
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 00:51
how come decebal has 15 points? he has 14 because he gave 2 questions
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 00:57
pssst....... there are 17 questions (he has answered 15+ authored 2= 17)
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 01:09
Dawn, you can force a tie if you answer question 14 correctly either in the remaining round 1 or in round two

...unless someone else gets it in round one and you don't - but it looks like the question will advance to round 2. 
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 01:27
Buff, question 14 seems extremely difficult. Nobody has replied it so far. How many barbarians were descendants of emperors, named cities after themselves and those cities became capitals of states larger than their own. I really can't think of any answer. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 01:56
It's just an ugly question .. but the last one you can't find always is

Edited by Dawn
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 01:59
Well, there was one guy, a Hungarian adventurer, who became emperor of an african nation. So I guess anything's possible. (needless to say, he was on the TQ about 3 years ago)

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 02:52
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

BoudiccasWrath, sorry that I didn't see your answer earlier for the "heavenly palance" question.

No prob.

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 08:42
Final guesses for round 1. There will be no more score updates between now and the end of round 1.

Round 1 ends at 1 pm EST. However, round two will not start until I have computer access, which will be some time around 3-4 pm.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 15:36
Round two has begun!

Answers to round 1 questions will be posted shortly.

Current scores have been posted. Bonus points have been added, calculated by the following methods:

The Bonus system for round two is a bit complex. But essentially, as it is in our case, if the question is answered, Decebal will receive 2 points. If nobody is able to answer the question correctly, then there will be no bonus (in this case, the question would be deemed by the formula to be "too difficult" for the quiz.)

Edited by Imperator Invictus
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 16:13

Great question Decebal!

His surname refers to a warrior fighting with no one by his side.

Does this mean his surname means a warrior fighting with no one by his side, or that his surname alludes to a specific warror in history who fough with no one by his side?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>