Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTalaat Pasha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talaat Pasha
    Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 14:21

Well, that person has an effective mark on Turkish history as the Grand Vizier of the empire, that is a fact nobody can deny, of course...But, in any part of Turkey, anyone I know, commemorate him as a national hero or something like that, except the masons, who really count him as their master, or "great teacher",whatever you want to call. He was one of the most important members of masonic lodges in Turkey.

But neither the folk, nor the politicians commemorate him, or see him as an idol..He was one of the people who has responsibility in terrible administration of the Ottoman Empire during WW I.Probably Enver Pasha, due to his ideologic status, is seen as an idol by some "Turanist"(Pan-Turkist) groups, but not Talaat.

This note has been just put there as a sign of a respect for a person who put a bare mark on Turkish history, I believe, that's it.

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:53
Originally posted by Kapikulu

This note has been just put there as a sign of a respect for a person who put a bare mark on Turkish history, I believe, that's it.

Exactly, nothing against Armenians...
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 08:18
A few weeks ago I saw the conditions of his grave on the newspaper: Vagrants were drinking alcohol and breathing bally aroud there...
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 09:50
"you are just avoiding the question. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Yeah, it is true that Turkish Army effects politics, but that is really irrelevant.

Turkey was never ruled by military, except the period between 1980-1983."

sorry I completly forgot about this thread. Anyway, I believe it was Mortaza, a Turk I think, in debate with another Turk, and he said that the military more or less rulled the government, which I agree with. If the president or parliament or whatever pisses off the military they will just have another military coup. 
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:00

"Well, that person has an effective mark on Turkish history as the Grand Vizier of the empire, that is a fact nobody can deny, of course...But, in any part of Turkey, anyone I know, commemorate him as a national hero or something like that, except the masons, who really count him as their master, or "great teacher",whatever you want to call. He was one of the most important members of masonic lodges in Turkey.

But neither the folk, nor the politicians commemorate him, or see him as an idol..He was one of the people who has responsibility in terrible administration of the Ottoman Empire during WW I.Probably Enver Pasha, due to his ideologic status, is seen as an idol by some "Turanist"(Pan-Turkist) groups, but not Talaat.

This note has been just put there as a sign of a respect for a person who put a bare mark on Turkish history, I believe, that's it."

Ok then. Why dont you ask a Jew how he/she would feel if the same attitude was welcome towards Hitler in Germany now.

Well, that person has an effective mark on German history as the Fuhrer of the empire, that is a fact nobody can deny, of course... But, how do u think a Jew would fill if in any part of Germany, anyone you know, commemorate him as a national hero or something like that, except the neo-nazists, who really count him as their master, or "great teacher",whatever you want to call. He was one of the most important members of Nazistic lodges in Germany.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:02
Originally posted by barish

Exactly, nothing against Armenians...

How would you think a jew would feel if:

this note has been just put there as a sign of a respect for a person who put a bare mark on German history, I believe, that's it.

Exactly, nothing agaisnt Jews...
The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:06
It not the same thing-nowhere near it
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:09
Originally posted by Mira

Originally posted by mamikon

I must say that is kind of depressing. So nothing really has changed in the Turkish Government, and it view on the Armenians.

This summarizes the entire objective behind this post; to criminalize Turkey and its people.  As a friend of mine had said, "Imagine commemorating another Adolf Hitler."

There's much debate on this issue, and Talaat Pasha hasn't been 'officially' convicted.  So whether he's considered a hero or not, that's got to do with his other reforms that affected the empire.

Just criminalize the government and the military. Especially since so many Turkish government employees are getting more and more involved in the idiotic Pan-Turanic idea that was Enver's dream. And what do you think the bestseller in Turkey is "Mein Kumph". Methinks Turkey is going in a very disturbing direction (even though just reading Mein Kumph doesnt make you a Nazi, or supremacists or whatever).

To my eyes, and every Armenian you see, Talaat is worse than Hitler...

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:10
Originally posted by The Guardian

It not the same thing-nowhere near it

right, care to expand?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:10

How would you think a jew would feel if:

this note has been just put there as a sign of a respect for a person who put a bare mark on German history, I believe, that's it.

Exactly, nothing agaisnt Jews...

Unless convicted as a Nazi, there shouldn't be anything against Jews.

There's still debate over the authenticity of the Talaat Pasha telegrams.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 10:12
I believe its a debate among Turks, not the scholarly world
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 11:32

I must say that is kind of depressing. So nothing really has changed in the Turkish Government, and it view on the Armenians.

This summarizes the entire objective behind this post; to criminalize Turkey and its people.  As a friend of mine had said, "Imagine commemorating another Adolf Hitler."

There's much debate on this issue, and Talaat Pasha hasn't been 'officially' convicted.  So whether he's considered a hero or not, that's got to do with his other reforms that affected the empire.

Just criminalize the government and the military. Especially since so many Turkish government employees are getting more and more involved in the idiotic Pan-Turanic idea that was Enver's dream. And what do you think the bestseller in Turkey is "Mein Kumph". Methinks Turkey is going in a very disturbing direction (even though just reading Mein Kumph doesnt make you a Nazi, or supremacists or whatever).

The Mein Kampf affair is bullsh*t. It's just a cheap book considered to its size because some small publishers print it without paying any for  copyright. When poor people want to read a book, they buy a cheap book of a very well-known historical figure. Turks are intelligent enough to see that they aren't from the "super Aryan race"!

On the other hand, Talat isn't remembered in Turkey unless Armenians publicly blame him. Maybe another sensitivity comes from the fact that in recent history many Turkish diplomats were killed by ASALA so sometimes he is considered as the first example of such killed figures. Believe me, if Armenians don't bring him to agenda he will not be remembered by Turks. He lies in a cemetary together with other Young Turks(among which there are really respectable figures like Niyazi, who started the revolution against Abdulhamid and wanted only freedom). Along with others, his grave is left to vagrants... 

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 11:57

I believe its a debate among Turks, not the scholarly world

Are you kidding me?Is that the only peice of document on the Armenian genocide?The orders are certain in Talat's telegrams-and there is no order given saying "kill them"-or "destroy them" or anything like that

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 12:03

If the president or parliament or whatever pisses off the military they will just have another military coup. 

I'm not sure you or murtaza can make a statement that certain about this matter.

&nb
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 17:26

Well, there is no such belief among government employees right now, and most of the time there weren't, it is just a radical dream of some extreme nationalist groups. 

Mein Kampf has been the bestseller for a month or so in summer, but not right now and it was because it was sold for so cheap, like 1/5 price of normal book prices in Turkey

From Mamikon's statement in the upper part, I got the idea that he is just blackening Turkish government and military just to blame, that has nothing to do with the situation...And plus, I believe it is so normal to bring back the tomb of a statesman who had governed the Ottoman Empire for nearly a decade, and show respect.

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 17:52
And plus, I believe it is so normal to bring back the tomb of a statesman who had governed the Ottoman Empire for nearly a decade, and show respect.

Huh? What about Padishah Vahdettin?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 01:01

Well, there is no such belief among government employees right now, and most of the time there weren't, it is just a radical dream of some extreme nationalist groups. 

Mein Kampf has been the bestseller for a month or so in summer, but not right now and it was because it was sold for so cheap, like 1/5 price of normal book prices in Turkey

From Mamikon's statement in the upper part, I got the idea that he is just blackening Turkish government and military just to blame, that has nothing to do with the situation...And plus, I believe it is so normal to bring back the tomb of a statesman who had governed the Ottoman Empire for nearly a decade, and show respect.

Oh maybe the Germans should bring Hitler's tomb. You know, and show respect...(heavy sarcasm)

Yes I am blackening the Turkish government, its policies and beliefs, and for being ruled by the army, where everyone is anti-Armenian, and the chain continues to this day, since I doubt anyone with even a little sympathetic  the Armenians would make it lieutenant or above...

Edited by mamikon
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 17:53

Oh maybe the Germans should bring Hitler's tomb. You know, and show respect...(heavy sarcasm)

Yes I am blackening the Turkish government, its policies and beliefs, and for being ruled by the army, where everyone is anti-Armenian, and the chain continues to this day, since I doubt anyone with even a little sympathetic  the Armenians would make it lieutenant or above...

Well,if you want to blacken the government, which has nothing to do with this topic, go open some another topic, or write in an Armenian forum in which you can support each other's ideas like the deafs and blinds bragging themselves.But totally irrelevant to this topic.

Hitler and Talaat Pasha, are two totally different issues.Talaat Pasha was not a good governor in fact, but still had an important role. I won't get into issue of so-called genocide, I don't want to start a flame war here, but it is such a normal thing for his tomb to be brought back to the country, as he wasn't a traitor, even though his party and he, had taken very wrong decisions before and during the war.

And another fact is that, Talaat is shot by Armenians...

About Padishah Vahdeddin, he is considered as a traitor, so, both the statesmen and public society wouldn't accept such a thing because of this belief, but otherwise,if he was believed to be an innocent man,like all the other Ottoman sultans, his tomb would have been brought into the country...Like the Ottoman royal family being allowed to come back to Turkey.

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 09:02
What do you mean this thread has nothing to do with your government? Was not Talaat in the Young Turk government? Was it not the government that carried out the Armenian Genocide?

"Talaat was shot by an Armenian"

What does that mean? He automatically becomes a saint and a martyr. He is condemned by the whole world in having a large role in the Genocide, and your president goes to his tomb and pays respect? (that was my original question, if this was really true). When did I say its unnatural when his tomb is brought back to his country?

Some time ago, the Japanese prime minister went to a shrine dedicated to a Japanese general,  who coincidentally killed many Chinese civillians before WWII. He apologized soon after that...
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 09:55
And another fact is that, Talaat is shot by Armenians...

If he was responsible of the genocide, what did you expect. Guess it would have been nice that Turks themselves did it but...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>