Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTalaat Pasha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talaat Pasha
    Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 20:24
"Is it a matter of chance that in 1942, Hitlerite Germany restored Talaat's ashes to Kemal Ataturk's successor, who had them transferred to Istanbul with all the pomp reserved for the heroes of the fatherland? The remains of the former leader of the Young Turks, assassinated by Tehlirian in Berlin, have since rested in a mausoleum erected in 1943 on the Hill of Liberty. Each year, on March 21, the president of the [Turkish] Republic pays homage there to commemorate Talaat's 'martyr's death.'"

does anyone know if  this "The remains of the former leader of the Young Turks, assassinated by Tehlirian in Berlin, have since rested in a mausoleum erected in 1943 on the Hill of Liberty. Each year, on March 21, the president of the [Turkish] Republic pays homage there to commemorate Talaat's 'martyr's death.'"  still takes place?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 21:38
Is this information accurate?  I read that Talaat Pasha is being blamed for the Armenian massacres.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 22:42
yeah, this is why I was surprised to read it

I got it from a Turkish News Agency site

Edited by mamikon
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 12:19
interesting.
 link?     
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 12:30
wait never mind, not a Turkish News Agency site, Middle East News Agency site I think, from the forums. But I remember getting it from a Turkish press, quoting the person swho wrote the article. The Turkish press itself did not the article, it just reported it. Sry for the ambiguity

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4359/viewall-page-4

The quote is from a book by Jacques Derogy

I sincerely hope that it is not true today...do people in Turkey treat Talaat as a hero or something?

Edited by mamikon
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 14:25
Hakan Sukur is our national hero, does he count?
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 14:48
Originally posted by mamikon

"Is it a matter of chance that in 1942, Hitlerite Germany restored Talaat's ashes to Kemal Ataturk's successor, who had them transferred to Istanbul with all the pomp reserved for the heroes of the fatherland? The remains of the former leader of the Young Turks, assassinated by Tehlirian in Berlin, have since rested in a mausoleum erected in 1943 on the Hill of Liberty. Each year, on March 21, the president of the [Turkish] Republic pays homage there to commemorate Talaat's 'martyr's death.'"

does anyone know if  this "The remains of the former leader of the Young Turks, assassinated by Tehlirian in Berlin, have since rested in a mausoleum erected in 1943 on the Hill of Liberty. Each year, on March 21, the president of the [Turkish] Republic pays homage there to commemorate Talaat's 'martyr's death.'"  still takes place?

This is true. Yes, still takes place. Talat pasha also was the founder of Freemasonry organization (international, brotherly secret society) of Turkey, so each year on 21 march, all of masons of Turkey remember Talat pasha "the great teacher" (or something like that, i dont know freemasonry terminology so much).

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 15:06
I don't know about masons, does president of Turkey attend to celebrations as well?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 15:13
It will be helpful if you could cite your sources, The Turk.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 15:16
I don't think the politicians commemorate the bastard every year.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by erci

I don't know about masons, does president of Turkey attend to celebrations as well?

I don't understand your point. You don't know about masons, Well, you know about Turkish state?

Talat Pasha is respected by Republic Of Turkey offically (Resmi Iade-i Itibar), this means there is no handicap for bureaucratic commemoration of Talat pasha, and this commemoration still happens with some young turk bureaucrats.

Even no need to share the source, this is well known fact and I am really surprised that, someone implies opposite opinion.

Beyaz Trkler S:277

Talat Paşa'nın naaşı yirmi yıl sonra lkesine getirildi. O da siyas bir malzeme aracı yapılarak... 25 şubat I944'te ikinci Dnya Savaşı sryordu Almanlar Trklerin kendi saflarında savaşa katılmaları iin ısrarlı davranıyorlardı. Bu sırada Talat Paşa'nın naaşı trenle istanbul'a Sirkeci Garı'na getirildi. Buradan Şişli Etfal Hastanesi'ne gtrld. ğleden
sonra top arabasına konan cenaze, asker trenle Hrriyeti Ebediye Tepesi'ne defnedildi, iki yze yakın elenk arasında ismet inn'ye ait elenk de vardı.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 16:35
you can't understand my point because I didn't share my opinion yet.I don't know about masons means I don't know their relations with Talat or what they think about him as masons today highly distinguish themselves from public

Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 16:44
Good erci, I' ll teach you what the relation between talat and masons is:

http://www.hurriyetim.com.tr/haber/0,,sid~1@w~2@nvid~58984 0,00.asp

Edited by THE TURK
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 17:12
This is true. Yes, still takes place. Talat pasha also was the founder of Freemasonry organization (international, brotherly secret society) of Turkey, so each year on 21 march, all of masons of Turkey remember Talat pasha "the great teacher" (or something like that, i dont know freemasonry terminology so much)

I must say that is kind of depressing. So nothing really has changed in the Turkish Government, and it view on the Armenians. Quite sad...I just hope Turkish people dont hate Armenians, and maybe some day they can wrestle the government out of military's hands
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 17:21

This is true. Yes, still takes place. Talat pasha also was the founder of Freemasonry organization (international, brotherly secret society) of Turkey, so each year on 21 march, all of masons of Turkey remember Talat pasha "the great teacher" (or something like that, i dont know freemasonry terminology so much)

I must say that is kind of depressing. So nothing really has changed in the Turkish Government, and it view on the Armenians. Quite sad...I just hope Turkish people dont hate Armenians, and maybe some day they can wrestle the government out of military's hands
Really myself never heard of that, i wasnt aware till this topic
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 17:02

What does the military have anything to do about this subject?

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 18:00
as some Turkish posters here said,  believe it or not, Turkey is being ruled by its military , not citizens
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 18:40

as some Turkish posters here said, believe it or not, Turkey is being ruled by its military , not citizens

You are just avoiding the question. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Yeah, it is true that Turkish Army effects politics, but that is really irrelevant.

Turkey was never ruled by military, except the period between 1980-1983.

Edited by barish
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 02:32

I must say that is kind of depressing. So nothing really has changed in the Turkish Government, and it view on the Armenians.

This summarizes the entire objective behind this post; to criminalize Turkey and its people.  As a friend of mine had said, "Imagine commemorating another Adolf Hitler."

There's much debate on this issue, and Talaat Pasha hasn't been 'officially' convicted.  So whether he's considered a hero or not, that's got to do with his other reforms that affected the empire.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 11:18
I'm still waiting for an answer from mamikon...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>