Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Of the History of European Languages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Of the History of European Languages
    Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 06:51
johannes:
Sorry I could not reply earlier I have been having login troubles it would say successful login but would not login.

Lets just say that there is equal evidnece that Thor and Donar are not same root names. You have the sound change for Romance but what about Germanic? Possible cognates for Thor which entry I have not finished yet are: Taru, Tarhunt, Taranis, Tirawa, Tork, Triglav, Tur, Doris, Durga, Thur, Turisas, Trojanu, Shurdi, Stribog, Zibelthiurdos, Adro, Adar, Indra, Indr, Aether, Adraste, Adrastea, Andrasta, Thraetona, Druj, Asshur, Turan? (wind/war, storms/sea, stroms/mtn, bull roar/thunder.)

I do not want to offend you but I can not remove non-European ones on trusting your word alone without (seeing) any of your claimed etymological counter evidence being given for my consideration. (If it is offensive then ask moderators to edit it. I did not do all that work just to blindly dump it.) Let other people decide for themselves. I am willing to take risks re "credibility" tho I try to be balanced. (No offense but is there a feeling/thought behind you not agreeing with non-Euro evidence namely for cultural/racial implications (cross-fertilisation/diffusion)?)
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123