Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow did the Tuerks converted to Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did the Tuerks converted to Islam?
    Posted: 17-Dec-2004 at 02:17

But most of the Turks accepted Islam with the frontiering of Oguz.

No, the Islamisation of the Turkic peoples of Central Asia started in the Qara-Khanid realms several decades before the Oghuz started converting to Islam. Islam spread to Central Asia via Transoxiana and Semirechie.

In history, the Karahanids ara known as the first Turk khanate that accepted Islam as its religion. The Bulgars were not even an independent Turkish state. They were a small nomadic group converted to Islam and lost their ethnicity...

You're wrong again  The Bulgars were already an independent state ruled by a khan who sent an emissary to Bghdd to help them teach Islam. The Qara-Khanid state converted some time after the Volg Bulgar Khanate did.

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I didn't right HOMELANDS. I wrote OGUZ YABGU LANDS. That is an Oguz khanate where Dukak Beg was suba.

The Oghuz Yabghu Lands were located across Transoxiana, those steppes were not ruled by the Seljkids.

No, Turks were converted to Islam because it was tha most suitable desicion to choose...

No, most of the Turks converted to Islam because their leaders ordered them to do so.

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2004 at 10:31

[quote]Anyway it sounds pathetic to run behind the stronger or the richer whoever he is.
Instead they should work hard to prove that they are in no need to beg anybody.[quote]

You are wrong in assuming that Turks are ashamed of their Islamic past or present. Majority of Turks are proud of their history and their religion.

As to sucking up to power being pathetic, I agree, but I don't think Turkey needs a lesson from the Arabic governments on that issue. You know, Iraq was invaded from the south, not from the north.

To put it in the way one reads in Arab newspapers, when America came to rape Iraq, it was her rich cousins who held her arms to help the rapist, not her poor neighbour, even though he was offered a bribe...

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 00:56

i dont think Turkey needs a lesson form anybody about anything

all you have to do is look back at your history and you will get all the lessons you need. 

Turkey has a  rich culture and history which every turkish should be proud off

about America raping Iraq story, i think you should read about it 1st then  see what did we do to prevent that raping.

Kuwait and Qatar  were the only Arabic countries who were involved in that war

Saudi arabia refused its land to be used for the war porpuse while turkey was happy to help.

UAE was the ONLY country to offer saddam and his regime to step aside to aviod the war. 

not for him but for the Iraqis

at that point the war was going to happing and no country was able to stop it

not even Russa, Germany, France and China together

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 16:46

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Most of our latern history is Muslim and it affected our civilization very much. And I am proud of being a Muslim and owning the same religion with my ancestors, and being an inheritor of my great great great fathers. But %70 of my countries population may not be proud. It doesn't matter. Islam is a big part of our common culture, and it will remain as the blood of my nation. Some European lovers in my country cannot change it with begging Christians to tip them...

Amen.

And to my undersanding, the Turks beat the living daylights out of the Arabs and converted out their own will. How could Arabs force anything upon the Turks, whom they came to rely on heavily as mercenaries because of the incompetance of their own warriors?

And Islam was the most suitable religion for the Turks. They had tried Buddhism, paganism, and Nestorian Christianity, but Islam allowed them to retain most of their culture and put their fighting spirit to use.

Edited by Turk
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 20:51

It is true that some nomadic Turkish tribes whose lands were invaded by Ummayids werent treated well and they were converted to Islam by force.

Umayyads attacked Trasoxianna ( lets say Sogdia ) and Khwarizm. THose places were actually invaded by Gokturks as far as I remember in the beginning of 7th century. You know Gokturks and Romans were close allies fighting against Sassanids. These regions were occupied but could not be Turkified. When Gokturk Empire was crashed by Chinese, they became independent. THese cities were Persian city states. Turks ruled there but you know we are easy for assimilation, Turks could not Turkify there. People living there were not nomads, they were living in cities such as Semerkand , BUkhara, etc. THese cities were Persian populated cities. Umayyads did many crimes to them.

On the other hand second Gokturk Empire attacked arabs in Sogdia. Rene Grousset says Prince Kul Tigin was beaten by Qutaiba. However, Gokturk source Orhun Writings say Gokturks went, could not find the army, did not fight and turned back. Ihsan is good at this point. Ihsan, what happened there?

When the Caliph changed, new Caliph killed Qutaiba. After that Turgish under Sulu attacked Umayyads.

In all of the occasions the actual agressor was Turgish and 2nd Gokturk Empires.

But most of the Turks accepted Islam with the frontiering of Oguz. They accepted it because of their policys and the advantages of Islam culture. And we had the mission to get anatolia from greeks and rule the lands from eastern ocean to the western ocean. And it was only possible with accepting Islam as our religion because we could be able to rule the arabic peninsula and Iran with a common religion...

OUR CONVERSION:

Not really. First of all, the place Sogdia, gained its own independence 100 years later than the Umayyad Invasion. Yes I am talking about the Samanids. Samanids started Jihad for the first time against Turkics. Turkics were not attacked before. Samanids converted some Turkic tribes in the border by force. An example is Ghaznawids. But after passing those tribes, their assasin Karahanli Empire was waiting. Karahanli first repulsed their attacks, then attacked back 10 times harder. THey even captured a Samanid Prince. In 900' s as far as I remember, the prince of Karahanli Empire, Satuk Bugra Han, became  friend with this captive. Noone knows why but he chose Islam as his religion. That is the main starting of our conversion. Most of us converted by our own will. But true Ghaznawids were converted by Persians. No Umayyad attacks on steps occured.

Even if Umayyads attacked the nomads and be successful, the nomads would immigrate like they did when Chinese pushed them around 200 AD... They even immigrated to Europe!!!! Remember Huns.

On the contrary, Umayyads was in trouble to keep Sogdia in their hands. It was Turks who were playing the aggressor.

WHY WE CAME TO BAGHDAD, SELJUKS:

Seljuks were having trouble between Karahanli and Gazne Empires. When the captive Caliph called for aid from Seljuks against the Buwayhids, Tugrul Bey entered Baghdad and saved Caliph, eleminated the Buwayhids. This day is not well remembered by our arabic brothers, they consider, this is the turning point of their civilization. Caliph granted him, the lands god gave to the Caliph.

Next job of Seljuks were eliminating the other rebellion group, Fatimids from Egypt. This task was to be done by Alparslan.

However, Roman Empire gained its force yet again, and prepared to attack Azerbaijan. Alparslan turned back there. they made plans with Kutalmisoglu Suleyman. Kutalmisoglu wanted to invade Anatolia, but Alparslan wanted to eliminate Fatimids. Alparslan wanted to make piece with Romanos 4 Diogenes. Kutalmisoglu left the alliance. Alparslan was alone. You know the rest, Romans attacked Seljuks but were beaten.

You know Anatolian conquest later done by Kutalmisoglu Suleyman in 1075. He even invaded Uskudar. Aplarslan never wanted the Antolian conquest in reality. kutalmisoglu wanted to be the Roman Emperor.

Seljuks did not have a task of Anatolian conquest. They had no task. They controlled themselves. They wanted to control all islamic world, and wanted to clean Fatimids. Then north africa, then may be spain. Who knows?

But after Alparslan, Meliksah oriented the trajectory to the Romans. And the Seljuk Sultanate of Rome was established.

Islam is a religion, there is nothing to be proud of, if you believe in god you believe because it is only choice, it is a divine thing. But off course religions have cultures. Islam has some Greko-Persian culture because it took its culture from Egyptian and Persian tradition. Islamic way of life was affected  by Hellenic and PErsian culture way too much. I really like it. Seljuks were cool, so as Khwarizm, Timurids, Golden HOrde, Cagatay, Ottoman, etc...

Edited by HulaguHan
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 21:18

Off course todays islamic way of life is totally absurd, no offence. Maths is simple, look at the results. There is not one strong muslim country. The strongest one is Turkey and it is still weak.

We need to change guys... Otherwise we will be worse than now...

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 21:24

I think secularism is the key to the development of any country. Religion-state countries simply are unable to continue development at some stage (as we seen with many in the past, christian and muslim).

So I think religion should be a matter of the individual, and state a matter for everyone.

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 13:37
Islam doesnt have most of its culture from persian or greek, it is mostly the old nomadic desert culture of arabs and the common middle eastern culture of ancient civilisations, and Judaism...
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 09:47

THose places were actually invaded by Gokturks as far as I remember in the beginning of 7th century.

Actually, in the 560s and 570s

THese cities were Persian city states. Turks ruled there but you know we are easy for assimilation, Turks could not Turkify there. People living there were not nomads, they were living in cities such as Semerkand , BUkhara, etc. THese cities were Persian populated cities.

Not Persian but Soghdian.

On the other hand second Gokturk Empire attacked arabs in Sogdia. Rene Grousset says Prince Kul Tigin was beaten by Qutaiba. However, Gokturk source Orhun Writings say Gokturks went, could not find the army, did not fight and turned back. Ihsan is good at this point. Ihsan, what happened there?

When Qutaiba invaded Soghdiana the Soghdian city-states (ruled by a Turkic elite) asked the Gk Trks for help. The Gk Trk army was already campaigning against the On Oq in Semirechie so they didn't turn back and instead marched on Transoxiana. The inscriptions than say the peoples/regions of "Sughdaq/Soghdaq" (Soghdiana), "Toqar" (Tukharistan) and "Tezik" (Muslim Arabs) were "restored/re-ordered". Later, they returned to Mongolia with rich trophies.

Not really. First of all, the place Sogdia, gained its own independence 100 years later than the Umayyad Invasion. Yes I am talking about the Samanids. Samanids started Jihad for the first time against Turkics. Turkics were not attacked before. Samanids converted some Turkic tribes in the border by force. An example is Ghaznawids. But after passing those tribes, their assasin Karahanli Empire was waiting. Karahanli first repulsed their attacks, then attacked back 10 times harder. THey even captured a Samanid Prince. In 900' s as far as I remember, the prince of Karahanli Empire, Satuk Bugra Han, became  friend with this captive. Noone knows why but he chose Islam as his religion. That is the main starting of our conversion. Most of us converted by our own will. But true Ghaznawids were converted by Persians. No Umayyad attacks on steps occured.

Actually that Smnid prince was a refugee rather than a prison.

And the Ghaznawids were not a tribe, the term Ghaznawid, like Seljkid or Roman or Ottoman, was used for the subjects of the Ghaznawid Dynasty.

Steppes History Forum
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 20:52

Thanks for your info Ihsan.

Grousset' s book says, Persian Samanids converted come of the tribes with force and one of them is Ghaznevids.

But yes the mass conversions is done in the times of Satuk Bugra Han.

Yep I have to look at that prince if he was a refugee or a prisoner...

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 18:07

You're welcome

Grousset' s book says, Persian Samanids converted come of the tribes with force and one of them is Ghaznevids.

LOL  The Ghaznawid Empire was established by Turkic slaves converted by the Smnids but there were no tribes called "Ghaznawid"  As I said, Ghaznawid is a political name, not ethnic.

Steppes History Forum
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 03:16
Originally posted by HulaguHan

Off course todays islamic way of life is totally absurd, no offence. Maths is simple, look at the results. There is not one strong muslim country. The strongest one is Turkey and it is still weak.

We need to change guys... Otherwise we will be worse than now...

the strongest islamic country is one of these three Pakistan, Iran or Indonisia

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 05:28
Originally posted by azimuth

the strongest islamic country is one of these three Pakistan, Iran or Indonisia

in terms of military I'd say pakistan is the strongest since they have nuclear bombs. but when talking about economy or world influence no islamic country is close to being strong.in fact not only economy but in terms of technology and development most countries are still struggling. some of them moving backwards
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 17:43

Come on guys, Turkey is currently occupying a Christian countries territory. Pakistan is got beaten by India. Indonesia has just beaten by Austuralia. Iran is nothing, have an empty airspace, waiting for an Israeli or American air assoult.

Add Turkey to be a NATO country (which means army is trained in NATO tradition) and add our military tradition which arabs know it with full heart from the occupation occured in between 11 th and 20th centuries. 1258 Baghdad invasion is off the topic.

Pakistan officers are trained in Turkish army like the UAE army officers. Well Mr. Azimuth' s countries soldiers prefer Turkey better than Iran I think... Likewise Pakistani soldiers think so. Pervez Muserref is a graduate of our army school. BTW we like Pakistanis.

Don' t say what is NATO? : Turkish pilots fly with an average of 200 hours per year. NATO countries are obliged to train their Airforce pilots more than 180 hours. You may not know this but our western neighbir Greece have that kind of a strict training too.

F-16 pilot flying hours:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_pilots_airforce-TUAF-num1.html

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_pilots_airforce-HAF.html

Students of TuAF, they have nice future, better than Indian Pilots. Pakistan only won the air battles while struggling with India.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_pilots_airforce-PAF.html

Our new student, UAE, they are new, give them time.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_pilots_airforce-UAEAF.html

Edited by HulaguHan
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 18:03
Originally posted by ihsan

You're welcome

LOL  The Ghaznawid Empire was established by Turkic slaves converted by the Smnids but there were no tribes called "Ghaznawid"  As I said, Ghaznawid is a political name, not ethnic.

Yep, I should not have said like that, if we want to be precise, we should not use Ghaznawid as a name of a tribe.

But in reality, those tribes were not really captured. They prefered to become a slave of Samanid Persians, rather than becoming slave of Karahanids. They cooperated with Samanids and the cost was conversion.

In reality, Karahanids, who invaded Samanids, became muslim. Which proves that significant claim, Iran conquers her conqueror. Do we have any other examples of this occasion? The conqueror converts to the religion of the conquered country.

We were the best soldiers of the world history, noone doubts it, they say Cengiz Kagan' s army was the best of all, but we lacked culture, we were easy to be assimilated.

Huns, Avars, Onogurs, Bulgars, Seljuks , Ilhanlis, Timurids, Safavids, Afsarids in Iran, Turks occupied China in Kubilay times. Hope at least we did not lose our identity.

I must say Muslim Turkic People were better in this ocaasion rather than the non-Muslim Turks. That is because Persian culture, state organization, updated us. THe only exception, Seljuks, Timurids, Safavids in Iran were assimilated because it was the base culture of our states.

I really can not understand, how Persians let arabs to convert them selves to islam.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 06:34
you think persians let arabs to convert them to islam I dont think so They created their own version of islam which we all know as for turks converting to islam we can pretty much say the same think you can see the similarities between old turkish religion and anatolian alevis of islam. Turks and persians are the only islamic countries which are not arabified(exept the ones in far east) And about iraq thats not the first time that arabs supporting cross over cresent(eg first World War)Being muslim never took equal to being an arab throughout the history but betveen 11 and 19 century being a Turk considered a being a muslim  even we forgot we have non muslim Turks .Ewery Turk are proud tobe a muslim we have died for this religion (sometimes by fellow muslim in sahara)but we never disrespect our prophet or ehlibeyt we build castles to protect islam we did not build hotels to get money from fellow muslims islam reached its peak culturally when abbasid were in power becouse being a muslim were enough.islam is not an arabic religion islam is for ewery humanbeing who can see through their heart may Allah protect all muslims from their friends as well as thei enemies.We all supposed to thank sheriff huseyin for helping us to see a friend can be more fatal than an enemy 
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2005 at 04:28

BTW, Talas Battle is interesting.

After the battle of Talas, unlike the historians of Turkish high  school books claim, Karluks, joining with Tibetans continued attacking Arabs.

I do not know Ihsan, why there exixts rumors that Turks were conquered by arabs or Persians, Don' t these guys look at geographical atlases, maps.  But you give chance to those things, you name Sogdiana as western Turkistan, you do not reply to my request, I think you do not see it.

And the thing is, 90% of the important parts of islamic world came under our control just 100 years after our conversion. We came like thunder, conquered Samanids in Khwarizm and Sogdia, then Seljuks got Khurasan and all Iran, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, etc... We came like Thunder. Truth is Qarakhanids converted in the times of Musa Baytas, son of Satuk Bugra Khan who was influenced by a Samanid refugee prince (Thanks for our history genius Ihsan for correcting me in the previous messages). Noone conquered us in middle asia except Russians and Chinese.

I have a word guys, write this in the front page:

BEING NEIGHBOR WITH TURKS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING, WATCH US

Take a look at Chinese walls.

I do not know Ihsan, why there exixts rumors that Turks were conquered by arabs or Persians, Don' t these guys look at geographical atlases, maps.  But you give chance to those things, you name Sogdiana as western Turkistan, you do not reply to my request, I think you do not see it.

Edited by HulaguHan
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2005 at 20:29

Oguzoglu, the nomadic tribes (which are not nomadic in reality, they are settlers like the ones in Mecca, Medina, etc..) you are talking about are described as to be influenced by Judaism. It is correct, take a look at Kabe, Abraham... Or the prophets described, most of them are Judaists. Yes but lets observe the Judaists? Where were they influenced? Ra, Raba, Rabbi? What are these? Egyptian, Persian, and Haramaic words for God. And the thing is, Hellenism was spread over these lands too, after Alexander' s invasion.

Let me tell you another thing. The complete blank hijab is actually a Greko-Armenian wearing. Arabs had a different wearing style. Arabs have very strong culture more than Persians and Greeks, we have no doubt. Sumerians and Egyptians are the oldest civilizations in Euroasia. Persians and Greeks took their culture from them. Anyway, lets say they mixed a lot.

I agree with Turk, but things change when it comes to Persian Samanids. THese guys really attacked the nomadic tribes. Some says the Anti-Qarakhanid Turks(Turkics who hate Qarakhanids) joined Samanids and became muslim. Some say they were compelled by force. In reality we see that, Samanids use them as soldiers, thus we can say that they were mercenaries. Anywasy these guys are nomads, if they were forced to do something, they would immigrate. IN that case I think Grousset fails.

As I told you before, Qarakhanid Prince Satuk Bugra Han liked the islam civilization, he listened it from a Samanid Refugee Prince. He converted to Islam and forced other Turks to convert to Islam. Later his son managed to convert all Qarakhanid Kaganate and attacked Samanids.

But after Qarakhanid Turks were invading Samanids, The Turks serving under Persian control, gained independence, and established Ghaznavid Sultanate. NOw the difference comes. Mercenaries of Persians were Sultanate. HOwever, Qarakhanids were Kaganate (Kaganlik). Kagan means the top ruler of the steps, who is the direct representative after god. Even in Ottomans, Emperor was after God, then prophet came. THere is a coronation word in Turkic way of life: "Magrur olma Padisah' im, seden buyuk Allah var" means do not be proud, there is one greater than you, the God. 

Ghaznavids were more Persian than Turkish. They were in struggle with Qarakhanid Turkish Kaganate and Seljuk Khanate. Seljuk Yabghus destoyed their sultanate. Later their wounded sultanate was to be destroyed by Afghans.

Turks were attacked by Iranian Sogdian Samanids but were crashed. We prefered islam, and I think it was a nice decision. After our conversion, we united ourselves and invaded all islamic lands under Seljuk Khanate and their respective Kagan, Qarakhanid Kaganate. Qarakhanids did not rule actually, but Seljuks as Khanate respected them in the beginning.

Seljuks after the times of invasion of Baghdad, prefered the name Sultanate while ruling Rum and other regions.

Qarluk (Karluk) Turks first helped Arabs in 751 to defeat the worse enemy Chinese but later joined with Tibetans and continued raiding arabic lands. That is why they hired Turkic warriors in the Caliph Mutasim times (833-842) because

1) THey were astonished by our military skills.

2) They wanted Turks to be friends rather than enemies.

But truth is, mercanaries are not legionaries. Those mercenaries took the power right after they came to Baghdad. They were not even muslims. They were just soldiers who were payed to fight. And that' s why they were called white slaves, Mamelukes. But you can not make someone slave by naming them as slave. If you give weapon to a slave, they are no longer slaves...

It was great luck for arabs that Satuk Bugra Han liked islam and converted, else, arabs would be wipe cleaned in the future either by us or Crusaders (the high possibility is this). Yes there would not be Manzikert if we didn 't convert but there would be other excuses that Pope might find. I think Persians would try to conquer Anatolia and the would be the excuse which the Papal organization was looking for.

Edited by HulaguHan
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2005 at 21:43

Let me tell you another thing. The complete blank hijab is actually a Greko-Armenian wearing. Arabs had a different wearing style. Arabs have very strong culture more than Persians and Greeks, we have no doubt. Sumerians and Egyptians are the oldest civilizations in Euroasia. Persians and Greeks took their culture from them. Anyway, lets say they mixed a lot.

Egyptians were, and in many people's opinion are, not Arabs. Sumerians were not Arab either (their language has amazing similarities to Turkic, but I have no opinion one way or another on that issue).

It's true that Arabs adopted the hijab / niqab from the Byzantine noble woman. The Quran explicity says that women must dress appropriately and not flaunt certain areas of the body, but the extremity to which many take the issue is certainly influenced by the Arab adaptation of these things.

And no, the Greeks and Persians didn't take their culture away from them. Considering their proximity, do you think they would have absolutely no contact with one another? Not everything is black & white.

Come on guys, Turkey is currently occupying a Christian countries territory.

What nonsense are you talking about? Are you even a Turk?

And were you aware Hulagu was the worst thing ever happen to both Turkic people and Islam?

Edited by Turk
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 03:00

Originally posted by Turk

Egyptians were, and in many people's opinion are, not Arabs. Sumerians were not Arab either (their language has amazing similarities to Turkic, but I have no opinion one way or another on that issue).

They were all Semitic. They had differences, They still have differences, look at Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqi, Saudi and Egyptians. They have differences but they considered as one nation Phoenicians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Sumerians, Babylonians, there are their ancestors. BTW, Sumerians and Hittites have no similarities with us, infact if we go that deep, we are all one species, homo sapiens sapiens. We should be talking about culture. Today for example we are more Greek than a Mongoloid. I myself is a pure mongoloid man, even I have a big spot in my ass but I have eaten mongoloid food for the first time here in USA. I can cook every Greek food however. this is a low level example. Imagine a Semitic country, established in Iraq... It is like saying Huns and Gokturks are different. My Greece-Turkey example is a small one, we can even disregard it.

It's true that Arabs adopted the hijab / niqab from the Byzantine noble woman. The Quran explicity says that women must dress appropriately and not flaunt certain areas of the body, but the extremity to which many take the issue is certainly influenced by the Arab adaptation of these things.

And no, the Greeks and Persians didn't take their culture away from them. Considering their proximity, do you think they would have absolutely no contact with one another? Not everything is black & white.

I do not particularly claim, all the times arabs imported culture, they exported too, for example the food. Well they exported those via us, anyway. But they are under unfluence, there is no doubt.

Come on guys, Turkey is currently occupying a Christian countries territory.

Yes we are, we are occupying Cyprus and noone can touch us, because we are strong. If anyone tries we will break their nose. That' s it. 

What nonsense are you talking about? Are you even a Turk?

What  the f**k are you talking about?

Is this your business?

And were you aware Hulagu was the worst thing ever happen to both Turkic people and Islam?

Do I have to love Islam, and hate everyone harms it? He may have done very bad things like Timurlenk. Timurlenk destroyed Turkic world far worse than Hulagu, but he is considered to be a Turk by everyone. Anyway, Timur harmed Persians, arabs and mostly Turks. Hulagu harmed mostly arabs. I do not have a sentimental weakness for them though ancient arabs like Sumerians, Egyptians, Babylonians rock. They were corrupted and sent into darkness by the Hakhemaneshi invasion. The arabic invasion of Sassanids was a payback, I believe in god and divine justice...

Do you know what did Cengiz Kagan told the people of Semerkand? "You should make temptations a lot, that' s why God sent me to punish you..."

That' s the way life goes, my words could be harsh, sorry mates...

EDIT: I have just realised that the guy in your avatar is Timurlenk. Hahahahahahah, he destroyed Turkic world more than anyone in this earth, more than anyone.

Hulagu Han fought against those: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1582& ;PN=1&TPN=2

Take your muslim brothers, put them in a suitable place in the book racks, etc. LOL.

Edited by HulaguHan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>