Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A holy place.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A holy place.
    Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 14:27

Meteora,a place blessed by God.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:11
A few more pics:

[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:27
I liked the word "few".
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:33
Hahaha.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:36
You must have visited it,don't you?
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:41
Yeah, I tour Orthodox monasteries all the time. I just love surrounding myself with everything that is Orthodox Christianity.

Nah, kidding darling - I've never been. But maybe I should go? You lot seem to have less rules than us.

"Show reverence" versus:

One day I'm going to ride through the mosque with a naked man on one of those two-person bicycles. I'll wear in a bikini, while shouting loudly on my cellphone with my mouth full of half-chewed cevap. He'll be in the back holding a puppy a smoking with a gun strapped around his shoulder.

And we'll see exactly what happens to people who break the rules. I'm expecting to be burried up to my neck in the bank of the Bosna and publicly stoned

Anyhow, back on topic.

It is a beautiful place. The landscape is amazing!

Edited by Mila
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:44
.I am just asking because the photos seem to have been taken by a tourist.Anyway,you should go.It's really beautifull,even for muslims.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:46
Can you imagine how amazing it must have been in ancient times, though? Coming from elsewhere in the Balkans, you'd have seen nothing in terms of topography like this.

Even these days it's amazing, when we know what most of the world looks like - but back then it must've been almost scary to see?
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:50

Scary...yeah...if you consider the height of the average Ancient Hellen(propably short)....It's damn scary!

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 15:51
It's okay. You had us Slavs to give you all a boost.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 16:02
.Another perspective is,when we become too pride of ourselves ,is not our nose which grows,but our height.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 16:04
Oh my God! How long we're you saying that one for? That's really good! LOL

EDIT: You Greeks, so simple-minded, Spartakus. Short, simple-minded people. You base your whole history on archaeology, architecture, achievement - all based in near universally accepted fact. So simple.

You should just make up your history like we all do. It's way more interesting.

Edited by Mila
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 16:06

From today!

Qin Dynasty View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Qin Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 10:42

How amazing this sacred place is! I guess no one could access to it in its time if the bridge is hang on .

It also reminds me of a Chinese sacred religon due to the same special location.

here is part of it: 

Wudang mountain and its thousands years old complex are regarded the most solyland of Taoism. Wudang also well-known to Chinese is one of the two main origins of Wushu or martial arts, the other is Shaolin Temple. Here is the section on the peak of Wudang mountain.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 12:20

Those pictures are amazing!

Think how difficult it would be to build in such difficult terrain and also to bring the supplies for the construction.

Is that region of Greece/Balkans prone to Earthquakes like farther south?

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 12:25

These pictures posted by our respect members also remind me of the ruins of Machu Pichu where seem to be on top of a mountain:

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 14:26
Those are some lovely pictures, I really love heights and wish to visit it too.
Thanks for posting all those wonderful pictures.

Post Reply Post Reply