Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plato`s Atlantis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plato`s Atlantis
    Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 01:51
Mainake was the only greek colony that protected Tartesso and according to Herodotus they both sank and to this day have never been found. 
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 02:19
And as I mention before Solon didn`t know what to called  this war so he gave the name it the name Atlantis  ( the men of the sea of Atlas)
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 02:23
Originally posted by docyabut

Maju, maybe you can see why I place this story in 600 bc when the Egyptains recorded it . There was no war the greeks were invloved in the Mediterranean during  the dark ages as we know it before the battle of Alalia.  It was the first great naval battle in history.

Alalia was a tremendous victory and it made a world-wide impression. The ancients understood very well the great significance of this naval battle to the Etruscans and Carthaginians, and rightly considered it an event of international importance. Apart from the victory of Pharaoh Rameses Ill in about 1200 B.C. over the Sea Peoples in a battle off the mouth of the Nile, it was the first great naval battle in history.

The story says the atlantians were peaceful people. before they lost their good nature.Tartesso was a peaceful nation before this war happen over their trade of metals.

The Etruscans were described as ceaselessly threatening, if not actually controlling the Western Mediterranean, especially the Tyrrhenian sea. According to various sources, the Etruscans colonised Corsica, the Balearic islands and the coasts of Spain (Stephanus of Byzantium), and there are records (Diodorus Siculus) of the struggle with the Phoenicians for an island in the Atlantic .

http://www.mysteriousetruscans.com/history3.html

I see your logic perfectly, and I can imagine that the Egyptians could have distorted the narration by including elements that belonged to that late period.

Yet, Greeks did fight many wars in their early Mycenean phase, only that they could only remember with clarity one: Troy. The reason is that the culture and literacy of the Mycenean period were lost after the Dorian invasion and for about 500 years they lived in a period of semi-barbarism that we now know as the Dark Ages.

But, with comprehensive historical reconstruction, we can conclude that they had at least the following wars:

• Invasion of Minoan Crete
  • Sea Peoples' campaigns (Greeks were the core of the Sea Peoples) against Egypt, the Levant and Asia Minor (including Troy)
  • Dorian Invasion (a "civil war")
And possibly others. Yet there is a rare gap between the conquest of Crete and the of the Sea Peoples. A gap of 500 years that offers no other logic nor activity that they were bussy in internal affairs or that they were bussy in colonial projects, which is my theory.

Let's recapitulate and consider the periodization of Mycenean Greece:
  • 1650-1600 Late Helladic I - shaft graves
  • 1600-1400 Late Helladic II - palaces, tholoi as tombs (western influx) in the late phase
  • 1400-1350 Late Helladic IIIA1
  • 1350-1300 Late Helladic IIIA2 - Mycenean pottery all around the Eastern Mediterranean. Standard style. "Cyclopean" walls and monumental palaces.
  • 1300-1190 Late Helladic IIIB - expansion of the cyclopean wall of Mycenae around the tombs. The Lion's Gate. Later further expansion of the wall, a secret passage and the royal tholoi called "Treasure of Atreus". At this time Mycenae is hegemonic.
  • 1190-1060 Late Helladic IIIC - Contemporaneous of the destruction of Ugarit (by Sea Peoples). Diversification of pottery styles. Found also in troy VIIa (the most reasonable Homeric Troy) and Tarsus.
  • 1060-1000 Submycenean - Iron Age
  • since 1000 Protogeometric
So basically we have an early phase (1650-1400), a high phase (1400-1190) and a late and short phase (1060-1000) that precedes the Dark Ages.

We don't have tholoi before 1600, much younger than those of Iberia. This may well indicate a W->E cultural influence from El Argar A (still using tholoi as tombs) via Crete (which at this time could be the provisional Greek cultural center).

One very curious thing is that the characteristic burial customs of Greece and SW Iberia seem to have shifted places around 1500 (loose date): the Iberian tholos migrates eastward and the Hellenic pithos (used in the Middle Helladic) migrates westward. Yet, if we tune fine this evolution we may find that the tholos goes to Greece c. 1600 and the pithos only arrives in Iberia c. 1500.

Well, in ay case, going to the grain: we have contacts since at least 1600 BCE (probably since Cycladean but this has yet to be confirmed), Greek cultural inefluence at least since 1500 in Iberia and full force Mycenae between 1350 and 1190. Athens is not strong either before 1400.

So the chronological frame for any possible confrontation VNSP-Mycenae is pretty small: 1400-1300 or, more likely, 1350-1300.

This is in the late phase of the 18th Egyptian dynasty, between the reign of Akhenaten and that of Horemheb.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 02:55

Maju another clue.

Timaeus

Whereas just when you and other nations are beginning to be provided with letters and the other requisites of civilized life, after the usual interval, the stream from heaven, like a pestilence, comes pouring down, and leaves only those of you who are destitute of letters and education; and so you have to begin all over again like children, and know nothing of what happened in ancient times, either among us or among yourselves.

There were no letters before the Greek and Phoenician alphabet.

The dark ages. 

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 03:13
But he means writting in any sort. Greece experienced a period of certain literacy in the Mycenean age (using Linear B Cretan alphabet), followed by a total lack it in the Dark Ages. I suspect that Plato intuitively knew that the lost of literacy and culture/knowledge can happen in such manner. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 03:52

I should have said before the greeks adopted the phoenician alphabet.

Ulf Richter View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ulf Richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 04:50

docyabut,   you know my opinion that Jowetts translation of Platos Timaeus and Critias, in spite of being the most known among English speaking people,  is less exact than those from Bury and from Lee, since I could compare it with 5 different translations into the German language. Also Georgeos is always saying that Jowetts translation is the worst he knows.

Bury: [Tim25b]  "of the lands here within the Straits they ruled over Libya as far as Egypt, and over Europe as far as Tuscany."       Lee: "in addition it controlled, within the strait, Libya up to the borders of Egypt and Europe as far as Tuscany"  

And secondly: The sea battle of Allalia was well known to the Greeks , but, as Plato wrote, the story of the war between Atlantis and Early Athens was not known by Solon nor by any other Greek.

Edited by Ulf Richter
Ulf
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ulf Richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 05:19

docyabut,    the kingdom of Atlantis had 1200 battle ships, not 12000, according to Plato. And nowhere is written, that they have attacked Athens with these 1200 ships.  To find wrecks of ships from this early times seems to be very difficult. The oldest known ship wreck is that of Uluburun/Turkey, a merchant ship of 1200 BC, 15 m long (I saw the exhibition of the findings in Bochum/Germany 3 months ago) with a load of 9 tons of copper bars and 1 ton of tin bars, exactly the right relation for melting bronze.

Maju, you wrote:  > As far as I recall, the war between "Athens" and Atlantis is placed in Atlantis, not in the Med.<  

This is not correct. Plato wrote nothing about the place of the war, but it is obvious that the Atlanteans attacked the Athenians, when he wrote:[Tim24e] " For it is related in our records how once upon a time your State stayed the course of a mighty host, which, starting from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean, was insolently advancing to attack the whole of Europe, and Asia to boot." (Bury)

> The "Athenians" had won already when the catastrophe happened.<

This is correct. But it is not possible that the 20000 warriors from Athens had won against the whole Atlantean army of 1,2 millions and 1200 ships.  They probably won against a smaller expedition corps, and before the Atlanteans could come back with their whole army, the narrated catastrophe occured.

>I'm more inclined to consider this a colonial intervention of Greece rather than a real menace from Atlantis, though we can't know if, in the course of events, the Atlanteans may have launched some sort of naval expedition. <      The latter is, what I am thinking

> I was wildly speculating with the misterious Hycksos (17th century BCE) but the lack of chariots in Iberia at that time is a clear indication that there is no connection <

In Libya, which was under the rule of Atlantis according to the above mentioned quote, were found a lot of rock engravings from early times showing horse-driven chariots.  According to Plato, Atlantis had 10000 chariots in its army.

Ulf
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ulf Richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 05:46

Maju,  its very interesting for me that you are Basque. Wilhelm Humboldt has written a study about the Basque langue. Others say, that some Indian tribes in America spoke a language similar to the Basque language. Can you confirm this? In Europe only the old language in Aquitania should have been similar to the Basque language, but it is now extincted. And some say that the Basque language was that of Atlantis.

Your article about ancient Iberia is very interesting. I saw it earlier and have printed it, but didnt know that it is your article. Most exciting for me is the picture of the Taula monument:

> In the Balearic Islands, an original late megalithic culture appeared. They were characterized by the erection of original T-shaped monuments (astronomical observatories) known as taulas (Catalan for table). <

Monuments of the same type were just recently excavated in Gbekli Tepe/Anatolia by a German team. The T-shaped pillars have a height up to 7 meters and shall have been  erected 12000 years ago ! The book about this findings came yesterday into the bookshops, and I will try to get it and write more afterwords.

Ulf
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 13:56
Originally posted by Ulf Richter

Maju,  its very interesting for me that you are Basque. Wilhelm Humboldt has written a study about the Basque langue. Others say, that some Indian tribes in America spoke a language similar to the Basque language. Can you confirm this?

No. Along the last two centuries there's been much wild speculation about Basque, connecting it to the most unlikely "relatives", from Caucasic languages to Berber and many others, from Sumerian to whatever you can imagine.

Nevertheless, apart of Ancient Aquitanian, which was beyond any reasonable doubt a Basque language, our tongue remais and isolate. It must be said though, that some suggest that Biscainne and Souletin dialects are actually spearate tongues, regarding the central core, as much as French and Spanish or German and Danish. Speculatively these dialects would correspond to ancient larger branches that can be grossly defined as Cantabrian and Pyrennean respectively. At least in the Pyrennees there's wide evidence that the language was spoken in historic times as far east as Andorra.

In Europe only the old language in Aquitania should have been similar to the Basque language, but it is now extincted. And some say that the Basque language was that of Atlantis.

Who knows? From the archaeological evidence it does seem that there is a continuity Magdalenian - post-Magdalenian - Atlantic Neolithic - Atlantic Chalcolithic - Atlantic Bronze Age, Megalithism included. But it's difficult to say with certitude.

Only vestigial and historical toponimy can help us in that. My own belief is that it was that way and that languages of the Basque family were widely spoken from Portugal to Denmark (and maybe in an even wider area) before IE invasions. But I can't prove it.

Regarding SW Iberia, one major uncertainty is that Andalusian neolithic seems foreign in origin (North African?) and that this culture influenced the SW, including what would later be VNSP.

In this regard, what we think we know about the ancient Tartessian language spoken and written in the SW, yields a language that doesn't seem related to anything we know. Yet, we don't know if this was the language of Atlantis-VNSP or if it was a later introduction in the times of the Bronze Age "horizons".

Your article about ancient Iberia is very interesting. I saw it earlier and have printed it, but didnt know that it is your article. Most exciting for me is the picture of the Taula monument:

> In the Balearic Islands, an original late megalithic culture appeared. They were characterized by the erection of original T-shaped monuments (astronomical observatories) known as taulas (Catalan for table). <

Monuments of the same type were just recently excavated in Gbekli Tepe/Anatolia by a German team. The T-shaped pillars have a height up to 7 meters and shall have been  erected 12000 years ago ! The book about this findings came yesterday into the bookshops, and I will try to get it and write more afterwords.

That's most interesting!

Megalithism didn't arrive to the Balearic islands but in a very late date: c. 1300 BCE, apparently from Corsica. I quote from my handy textobbok (It's actually my sister's but she is uninterested ):

In the Balearic islands, the full Bronze, with an assigned  chronology of 1500-1300 B.C., is called pre-Talayotic, wich gives way to the Talayotic I, that would last until 700 B.C., with a supposed origin in Corsica, where Megalithism starts c. 2000, and in Sardinia, where Nuraghes begin c. 1500.

Now that I think about it, it must be Salniurfa! See http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8513& ;PN=1.

Despite the simmilar aspect, the wide diference in dates would mean that they are separate developements. Salniurfa would be early (earliest) Neolithic and I doubt they would have persisted up to the Bronze Age with that culture. Pity.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ulf Richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 14:52

Maju,  you are right, it is the picture shown in your last link. But the picture shows only one of many pillars, the highest (broken) was measuring 9 m in length and had a weight of 50 tons ! This effort for constructing a temple is nearly incredible for so early a civilization.

Most of the websites about Gbekli Tepe are in German and Turkish language. Here only Wikipedia in English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

http://www.urgeschichte.org/DieBeweise/GobekliTepe/gobeklite pe.htm

Today I bought the book and will read it in the next 14 days  (from saturday), when I am skiing in the Alp mountains .

Edited by Ulf Richter
Ulf
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 20:05
Great! 

According to your site, it would seem like they are considered now like a new region in Fertile Crescent Neolithic:

But guess that all this belongs to the other topic.

What I find curious is that some of the reliefs look somhow simmilar to those of the Tartessian-Orientalizing culture, which, as mentioned before has a lot of Phoenician influences. But as I'm not very knowledgeable of the peculiarities of proto-Phoenician and Phoenician archaeology, I can't comment further.

In topic but in some relation with this finding, according to common sense, it would seem like the tholos-tomb of Iberia would be a cultural import from the early tholos-house of that region (Tell Halaf), via Cyprus. This is in no way proven and some suggest that Iberians could have developed the concept of tholos by accident - but I find it unlikely. So we can count with some uncertain influences from the Levant c. 3000 in the formation of Iberian Chalcolithic, that nevertheless fused with the local dolmenic tradition.

I mention this because this could relate with the part of the Atlantis narration where it's mentioned that Atlas and the other kings were descendants of Poseidon and a local woman (Cleito). This Poseidon may symbolize a Mediterranean sailor influence in the creation of that, the first Atlantic civilization (Olmecs are younger by one milennium).

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 20:49

Ulf as you know most dates before 600 bc are disputable comming out of the dark ages.

The Atlantis story was recorded in egyptain history in 600 bc.

Solon visted egypt in 600 bc .

Before 600bc athens was a small town in attica ,athens did not establish overseas colonies as had other city states. By 600bc athens brought all the villages of Attica under its leadership.

Solon might not have known of this war going on in 600 bc . Herodotus records this war in 500 bc. Plato records the story of Atlantis in 400 bc .

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 22:55
Originally posted by docyabut

Before 600bc athens was a small town in attica ,athens did not establish overseas colonies as had other city states. By 600bc athens brought all the villages of Attica under its leadership.

That's not very exact: Athens was one of the major Mycenean cities, along with Thebes, Tyrintos and Mycenae itself. Athens was not sacked an abandoned like the other Mycenean cities at the time of the Dorian invasion, however lost its power and was reduced to little more than the Akropolis for 4 centuries. But after 800 BCE, Athens re-emerged with force as the natural capital of Ionians, while sujecting the Attica to its rule.

Solon and the other learned Athenians must have therefore known about the fight of Alalia, I'm pretty sure about it. Also, if the Athenians weren't there, why the Egyptians mentioned them?

I think that by Athenians, Plato and or whoever introduce that name in the narration before him, meant Ionians. Who were Ionians? Unlike Dorians, who came from the semi-barbaric north, Ionians were those Greeks directly related to Mycenean Greece and its darkened but once shining past as main naval power of the Mediterranean.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 09:53

Maju , Like Critias said, lets make these ancient people the priest spoke of Athenians, not that they were.They could have been the Phocaceans that were frist in this war and stood alone. 

docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 10:07

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke.

He could have introduced them all through the story as the Athenians.

docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 10:19

Muju and Ulf as much as I can see, there could`nt have been a cluture or a empire in history, that could have ruled all this land, maybe the seas.

Bury: [Tim25b]  "of the lands here within the Straits they ruled over Libya as far as Egypt, and over Europe as far as Tuscany."       Lee: "in addition it controlled, within the strait, Libya up to the borders of Egypt and Europe as far as Tuscany"  

Diego View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 10:48

Hello to all. 

I am Spanish, of Madrid, and hardly one week ago I had the honor to personally know Mr. Georgeos Diaz-Montexano, and in this conference (that is first from its disease) I could not see no indication that allows to maintain that false accusation of the Maju member of which Mr. Diaz-Montexano is only interested in the money.  In fact in the more than two hours and average that the public debate lasted it mentioned neither a single time the word money nor nothing that it had to do with it, when he had even been perfectly natural, that had taken advantage of the opportunity which were presents several political personalities, and several millionaires. 

I always do not understand why whenever encounter a forum where it discusses on Atlantis and somebody dares to mention the name of Mr. Georgeos Diaz, anybody that defends another theory (as it is the case, now, of Maju) it is tried to discredit to Mr. Diaz-Montexano with detrimental commentaries or false accusations. 

Perhaps their theories, discoveries, and arguments cannot be refuted, without going to disqualify and to criticize their person?.  Whatever he reads numeross articles published by Diaz-Montexano, or their collaborators, he can state that Diaz-Montexano always has defended that Atlantis is a Ibero-Mauretano empire of the Bronze Age, that had its center of being able or capital main (the Acropolis) in some point of the coasts of Iberia or Morocco, but always closely together of Gibraltar, proque the Diaz-Montexano has demonstrated (through the direct readout of texts of the oldest codices, written in Greek and Latin, who know themselves) that in the Timaeus and the Critias can be read of very precise way that the island-akropolis of Atlantis (where was the capital)  one was, exactly before, alongside, joint to (in Greek PRO) of the Pillars of Hercules, in the same mouth of the Straits of Gibraltar.  Neither in the Critias nor in the Timaeus is used nor single time the Greek word that allows to say that Atlantis were "beyond", or "outside", or "far from", the Pillars of Hercules.  Therefore, according to the Timaeus and the Critias, the capital or the Acropolis of Atlantis never can have been in no place near Lisbon, because these places are "beyond", "far from", the Pillars of Hercules, and Plato never says this. 

As it very scientifically demonstrates to Mr. Diaz-Montexano (through the Lexicography, the Greek grammar, and the Classic Greek Philology) in the Timaeus and the Critias is PRO (in, before, join to) of the Pillars of Hercules, and near to the region of Gadeira (Gades, Cadiz), and never is used PERAN, META ("beyond ", "far from", "outside"), to locate to the island-akropolis of Atlantis.

Sincere greetings.

---------

The Scientific Atlantis. The Atlantis of Plato from the controversy and the scientific rigor.

Hispanic-Cuban investigator sends a new book on the Atlantis from a scientific optics. One is paleographical, philological and documentary study deeper and extensive made to date.

/DiscoveryAtlantis.sytes.net/ The investigator
Georgeos Diaz-Montexano has recently published an
extensive work that gathers the work of investigation more extensive than it
exists on so looked for and to date not econtrada Atlantic civilization that
Plato it exactly denominated with the name of Atlantis and that disappeared
because of tsunami.

Diaz-Montexano has been able to reunite
to the greater amount of evidences and scientific datas of quality on the
Atlantis. He has been first in sending a scientific report to UNESCO on the
finding of possible archaeological rest discovered under waters of the Straits
of Gibraltar and the coasts of Andalusia in several points, from Barbate to
Cadiz and Huelva, defending before UNESCO that could be rest of the own not
looked for Atlantis or less - also without Tartessos success.

Not theory
exists at the moment other that can to reunite so many points that agrees with
the words or descriptions of Plato like that Hispanic-Cuban investigator
Georgeos defends Diaz-Montexano , who has managed to
settle down that the theory that he defends of Atlantis like an empire or
emporio Ibero-Moroccan (that also Jonas Berghman defends, for the African part),
is only that has the true probabilities of success in a future, more and more
next one.
This reality bothers or infuriates enough, on the one hand, to
which they create in other theories or in the masterful affirmations of
determined "spiritual" and by another one the most radical and nihilistas
skeptics than they fully deny until the right to investigate this historical
enigma.

As he exposes Georgeos well Diaz :
"... only a few points of which I have been able to verify and that they
sustain to my hypothesis and theory, would be enough to convince any rational,
serious person, who is not fanatical and who truely looks for the truth, she is
where she is, she is as she is and she falls that falls. They would be more than
sufficient to convince until most skeptical of the planet, at least of a fact,
that he is the following one: if Atlantis, like civilization, empire and a great
city or emporio, existed sometimes, if it really existed, it only can have been
between the southwest of Iberia or Spain and the northwest of Morocco... "
because - according to this investigator the following points are
unquestionable:

1. The island or peninsula (in Greek ' NHSOS ') of
Atlantis was "of the side of", "next to" or "ahead" (in Greek ' PRO ') of the
Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar)

2. A region of the ' NHSOS' Atlantis was
called ' Gadeira (Cdiz) and extended - or arrived until the same Columns of
Hercules (Gibraltar)

3. The ' NHSOS' Atlantis was next to the coasts of
the "arm of sea or gulf of the Atlantic" (in Greek ' ATLANTIKOU PELAGOS '),
present Gulf of Cadiz.

4. After passing the ' NHSOS' Atlantis, "other
islands" existed (in Greek ' ALLAS NHSOI'), "opposite and upwards", like it
needs in texts oldest writings in Greek and Latin. These islands would be the
Madeiras, Azores, the Islands Brita'nicas and Ireland, and had opposite, one
"terra company/signature" or continent (in Greek ' HPEIROS '), that could be
Greenland, or - although less probable part of Canada and North
America.

5. From the NHSOS Atlantis, located "above", "on" (in Greek
HPER) or next to of the Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar), it affirms Plato that
went into by all the interior until arriving at the Thyrrenia and Asia, by the
part of Europe, whereas by the part of Africa (Libya), they did it until Libya
and Egypt; which confirms that the island or Atlantic peninsula or of Atlantis
was next to the Columns of Hercules, to the West of the Mediterranean, because
besides to be in that situation (as it affirms Plato), if we analyzed the
geographic logic, we observed that towards the east they are the towns of the
Mediterranean that colonized Atlantis and towards the west they are the other
islands (Madeiras, Canaras, British, Ireland, Iceland, You embarrass, the
Caribbean, etc.) and after these islands is the continent (possibly Greenland
and part of Canada and the U.S.A.).

As he exposes well

Georgeos Diaz:

"... Everything fits with a so
evident logic that it is alarming that still exists people whom they do not love
to see these facts, that they demonstrate, of unquestionable way that - if
Atlantis existio ' - it only could be closely together of the Columns of
Hercules, between the southwest of Iberia and the northwest of Morocco. As far
as the location of the Acropolis, this would be in some point of the coast, very
near of the Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar), and to about fifty stages of the
coast, that is, to about 9 or 10 kilometers, according to precise Plato. He is
absurd to continue looking for Atlantis in no island of the interior of the
Mediterranean or in no other island of the outside of the Atlantic, and much
less in America or Indonesia. The data that offer Plato are unquestionable. If a
city really existed on which Plato would base his writing on the Atlantis, all
the indications aim towards an only direction: the triangle formed by the
Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar, Tariff, Barbate, Trafalgar), the region of
Gadeira (Cadiz, Huelva) and the region of the Atlas (Atlantic coast of Morocco).
The solution of the final mystery, that is to say, if the Acropolis or city of
Atlantis existed or did not exist, will only depend if it is discovered in the
coasts of Iberia or the coasts of Morocco, as also Jonas Berghman defends the
Swedish colleague... "

The Hispanic-Cuban investigator calls the
attention on other points described with absolute clarity in the story of Plato:

6. The Atlantes had a very old writing (deductible dates of the text,
from the 9000 to end of the Age of the Bronze). The tartessios have been the
only town of the antiquity (of all West of the old World) recognized to have the
system of writing, laws and treaties of greater antiquity of all Earth, nothing
less than 6000 years of the times of Estrabon, that is, for 8000
years.

7. An island or peninsula (NHSOS) that maintained contact (wars,
colonizations, etc.) with towns of the Mediterranean like the Greeks; therefore
they would have to be in the propose area as cradle of Atlantis Greek
unquestionable archaeological evidences of contact with the old ones.

The main city or the Acropolis of Atlantis was in a circular island, near the
coast, surrounded by several concentric circular pits, where some canalized the
water of the sea and from the center of the island to the outside, that is,
until the sea, there was a straight channel.

Points 1, 2, 3, mentioned 4
and 5 above - aims
Georgeos Diaz - "... force
to watch at an only area of all the planet earth, the included/understood one by
the island or the Iberian Peninsula, Gibraltar, Cadiz and the Atlas (Morocco)...
"

Point 6 also forces to us to watch towards Iberia, because of all West
of the Mediterranean, Iberia is the only NHSOS (isla/pennsula) where attests a
writing almost as old as the one of the Atlantis. What added to the four
previous points it discards the mere chance completely.

Point 7 also
forces to direct the glance to us towards Iberia, because it is the only
peninsula or great island located in the extreme West of the Mediterranean, next
to the Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar), with a called region Gadeira and next to
the Atlas (Morocco) that in addition maintained real contacts with the Greek
world.

On point 8 it is necessary to emphasize that, also in Iberia, it
is where only have been physical tests - in this case, architectonic and
archaeological of the existence of at least two cities with this same scheme
that were founded on the Age of Cobre and that lasted until end of the Age of
the Bronze, the one in Jan and other in Madrid.

On the other hand, in
Iberia it has also appeared the greater concentration of all the planet of
identical symbolic reasons to the scheme of Atlantis of several concentric ring
with a channel that leaves from the center and that arrives until the outside of
the ring, present in the petroglifos and the decorations of Iberian Tartsicas
ceramics and.

Although these 8 points would be enough by themselves, we
can consider other less important, as also it indicates Diaz-Montexano
the historical traditions and legend about the Atlantis and the
Atlanteans and until a genealogy of kings Atlanteans (put in doubt by some)
present in the historiography until the medieval times, have not been only
registered in the Iberian Peninsula.

Georgeos Diaz-Montexano
considers a serious investigator who follows a method and an own
methodology. It follows, or rather "it persecutes" - as the same one emphasizes
the scientific method. Others prefer to follow esoteric, ufolgico, xenogentico
the method extraterrestrial; the nihilista or radical escpticismo, etc.
Everyone must right to use the method that considers agreed more with its
intellectual or spiritual level. It is a right of all the human
beings.

If somebody prefers to believe more in extraterrestrial Von
Dniken and its hypotheses to draw its conclusions on the Atlantis before to
guide itself by the work deeper than never it is made on the Plato's Atlantis,
from the oldest sources known written in Greek, Latin and Egyptian, and in the
geographic tests, toponmicas, geologic, sismolgicas and archaeological, that
appear exposed in the investigations of Georgeos Diaz well , it is
in its right, and all we must respect that right, although we do not agree. We
like or no, thus she works the search of the knowledge. Everyone decides like
looking for the truth.

Summarizing: these simple points gathered in the
Pack-Ebook of the "Scientific Atlantis" of Georgeos the Diaz-Montexano
, demonstrate that the most correct theory, the one than adjusts to the
truth, is more the one who defend the Swedish Jonas Berghman and the
Hispanic-Cuban Georgeos Diaz-Montexano , in relation to Atlantis
like a kingdom or emporio Ibero-Mauritano of the Age of the Bronze, whose heart
or central axis it was in the Columns of Hercules (Gibraltar), and who would
succumb before the impact of great tsunami, preceded of several earthquakes...
but already says it will:

"there is no worse blind
person, who this that does not want to see"

Edited by Diego
Greetings, Diego Prez Berrocal from Atlantis-Iberia.
The Official Website "Scientific Atlantology International Society" (SAIS).
http://laAtlantida.info
http://DiscoveryAtlantis.sytes.net/
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 14:59
Look Diego: I was asked about my opinion and I gave it. You can believe whatever you want.

As stated in the previous posts I don't give total credence to Critias as exclussive and/or perfectly knowlegdeable source. Even if there was no intentional distorsion or decoration, the info had passed by many mouths and ears before Plato put into written form and even the oldest of claimed sources (the priests of Sais, the Egyptians) are not any primary source but must have known from others (probably Mycenean Greeks themselves).

Then I must say that about the many quotes from your guru that you give, I have found this one outragingly false:

The tartessios have been the
only town of the antiquity (of all West of the old World) recognized to have the
system of writing, laws and treaties of greater antiquity of all Earth, nothing
less than 6000 years of the times of Estrabon, that is, for 8000
years.

Tartessian (and Iberian) writting is unexistent before the Late Bronze Age, around the earliest possible dates of Pheonician expansion. There's no writing in all Iberia before c. 1000 BCE.

My only aim is to find out the truth. I have theory and I don't sell it: I just give it for free to whoever is interested.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ulf Richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 16:36

I think Majos theory and that of Georgeos Diaz-Montexano are not so far away from each other. Both think that Atlantis or at least its central part was in Iberia. Plato spoke of 10 kingdoms in Atlantis. One could have been near Gibraltar and Cadiz, one around Mount Atlas in Morocco (or it was the same on both sides of the Straits), another in the region of the rich copper and silver mines of Sierra Morena in the region Huelva-Sevilla-Cordoba (this eventually became later, after the destruction of Atlantis, the kingdom of Tartessos), and one could have been the region round Lisbon (king Elasippos), today Portugal. All these regions were parts of Atlantis, therefore it is not necessary to struggle about the exact location of the Royal city of Atlantis with the three circular canals, as long as it is not detected - under the sea or on land. 

When the Royal city of Atlantis was flooded due to an earthquake and a following tsunami, it did not sink very deep under water, because after its disappearance it left a shoal mud. In the millenia since the flooding, the land was rising again, and the place where the city was, could well be on land now, hidden and covered with a thick layer of mud and later sand dunes. The canal built in Greece by Xerxes in 480BC was recently detected under 15 meters of mud.

Scientific investigations show, that in the region around the Gulf of Cadiz, where the African Plate moves northward and presses against the Eurasian Plate, some coastal regions are uplifting in a complicated tectonic process . E.g. the city of San Fernando south of Cadiz is situated on a hill, which was pressed upwards by a diapiric process. In our time the velocity of the uplift was measured near Gibraltar to be 1,5 mm/year, but in the past it might have been still greater:

Gracia et al. : "Rapid coastal diapiric uplift in Cadiz Bay" 

http://www.dsm.unile.it/Bacheca/IGCP437FinalConference/Abstr actBook/Gracia113_116.pdf

On the other hand, such a diapiric uplift followed by partial erosion of the softer bended-up sediment layers could lead to form a natural multi-ring-structure round a hill (existing example: Guelb er Richat in Mauretania), http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.p hp3?img_id=9319    http://www.image-contrails.de/mauritania/mauritania-met-rich at-1.html  as Plato had described it for the circular canals of the Royal city of Atlantis, produced by Poseidon, that means by natural forces. I wrote about this possible process in my paper for the International Atlantis Conference 2005 in Milos:

http://www.atlantis-schoppe.de/richter.pdf

Edited by Ulf Richter
Ulf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>