Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What song are you listening to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 111>
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What song are you listening to?
    Posted: 21-Aug-2012 at 01:09
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2012 at 01:24
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 23:52
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 10:38
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:16
Doo-wop...a lost musical art form.  Cool

My wife loves Nickleback.  Ouch

Edited by Mountain Man - 24-Aug-2012 at 19:17
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:25
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 16:37
Duke of Earl has hasn't got the vocal harmony or bass counter-melody to qualify as Doo-Wop.  It's rock.

This is Doo-Wop:

And this:

And this:

And this: (although the best accapella version was done by the Belmonts without Dion - better base but Dion didn't want anyone singing over him)

Edited by Mountain Man - 25-Aug-2012 at 16:49
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 16:58
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Duke of Earl has hasn't got the vocal harmony or bass counter-melody to qualify as Doo-Wop.  It's rock.
Still, Mountain Man, it is listed as so. Although I guess if you're not enjoying the song it matters not what type it is.

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 17:13
If you listened to the music, you should be able to tell the difference, regardless of what the knuckle draggers on YouTube call it.

Doo-Wop is distinctly different from Rock'n'Roll, and different from R&B as well.  The best of it is either accapella - harder to find these days - or has minimal instrumental accompaniment since the emphasis was on the vocals.  Later the emphasis changed to vocal plus nmusioc with a good beat, and then the nusic began to crowd the voices.  Doo-Wop got it's name from the "doo-wop, doo-wop" background vocals so common in the early days, and the groups commonly got started in the hallways of school and on the street corners of their neighborhoods.

As much as I like the Dell-Vikings, they were really early rock'n'roll singers because they depended heavily on  music with a good dance beat.

Listen closely to this - it's acapella: (and I gave you Come Go With Me as first comparison)

Edited by Mountain Man - 25-Aug-2012 at 17:20
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 17:26
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 17:35
For what it's worth, I also listen to Pavarotti and classical music, as well as Celtic music and a bunch of other stuff, and I have a good collection of hard core rock'n'roll.  All depends on the mood, but I never could get into the kind of rock that arrived in the 80's and thereafter.

And Cyanide is a lethal poison...LOL
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 17:37
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 18:22

Don't make me drag out the bagpipe music...Wink
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2012 at 08:11
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 12:26
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 16:23

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2012 at 08:14
Some very addictive ...beat and and very original and funny video

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2012 at 02:28
One last song before I get onto my bike.Smile

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 06:06
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2012 at 18:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 111>