Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho are the five greatest generals of all time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are the five greatest generals of all time?
    Posted: 16-Jan-2014 at 09:08
Originally posted by opuslola

Originally posted by Gaius Marius

Anyone who believes that Julius Caeser was not that great a general is ignorant. He was highly innovative and his tactics were more dynamic than either Napoleon or Rommel. And I agree with the suggestion that Scipio Africanus should be on the list - the guy was a genius.

Is there any "real" proof that he ever lived or led?

Ron

To whom are you referring? Caesar? Scipio? Rommel?
Given the formidable changes in battle tactics and weaponry over the centuries, I'd find it hard to compare, for example, Caesar with Rommel or Paton. Nor do I thinks it's fair to try to do so.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2014 at 23:16
Dear sir or lady, can you actually find any first hand information that this particular Caesar ever existed? I dare you to present to us any factual work that cannot be challenged as "fake" or "second hand" or a number of other disparaging words!

In other words any information that could be admitted into a "Court of Law?" Smile!

I even know the answer!

Sorry, I had to ask! Ron

Edited by opuslola - 16-Jan-2014 at 23:18
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2014 at 10:47
Originally posted by opuslola

Dear sir or lady, can you actually find any first hand information that this particular Caesar ever existed? I dare you to present to us any factual work that cannot be challenged as "fake" or "second hand" or a number of other disparaging words!

In other words any information that could be admitted into a "Court of Law?" Smile!

I even know the answer!

Sorry, I had to ask! Ron

Ron, if you insist with this stuff, keep it in the alternative history forum. There are folks here who think you've lost it and have emailed me expressing this.

Thread locked.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011