Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Warriors
    Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 02:45
specialy mongols time. thay were barbaric people and destroyed my country so I hate that time.
Anfører
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 03:47

Yes so now that we have had a nice chat, back to sending images

Fatih Sultan Mehmed and his brave army

Above: Fatih Sultan, with the Ottoman army along with the largest cannon in the world of the time.

Above: Fatih Sultan calling his navy to stay in position

Above: A military inovation that is still praised to this day. Since the Byzantine's blocked of the waterways by using giant chains. Fatih Sultan Mehmed decided to take his navy, along with the boats over the hills.

Above: The Ottoman's arrive in Istanbul 1453

Sultan Selim, first Caliph of the Ottoman empire by ending the Mamluk empire.

Eastern Turkistan soldiers

Ottoman Turks in the Middle East

Lala Mustafa Pasha

Binatli Akincilar, The thousen hoursemen. First Turkish Cypriot soldiers that opened Cyprus to the Ottoman Empire in 1571

Turkish Cypriot warriors during the War of Cyprus 1974.

Turkish Cypriot soldiers at present

Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Seljuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 09:59

A few more pictures

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 14:23

Those people in the pictures look more asians than turkish.

Maybe they are the asian looking turkish.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 15:00

Attila the Hun

Mongol warrior

genghis khan

Hunnic Empire

Hunnic Archer

Attila the hun

VII.jpg">

Mongol warriors

above: Mongol warrior (persian depiction)

Above: Persian depiction of a mongol camp

above: screen capture from the movie "Genghis khan"

genghis khan on horse

Above: Genghis khan in afghanistan

below: mongol conquest of baghdad

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 12:27

Originally posted by sirius99

specialy mongols time. thay were barbaric people and destroyed my country so I hate that time.

i feel really sorry for that time too...

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 22:50
same here...

I dont know why people are obsessed with Genghis Khan, all he did was destroy what everyone else has built for the past 2000 years...
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 10:44
Genghis Khan was one of the cruelest animals on the planet, I don't see how people are obsessed with that "thing".

Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Seljuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 12:51

More pics

Ottoman 14-15th Centuries

Edited by Seljuk

Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Seljuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 13:05

ottoman 16-17th centuries

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 15:29
     Cruel as Genghis was, he was more progressive and enlightened than any contemporary monarch in Europe or the Near East (he was the only major ruler who was elected, all religions were tolerated under him,etc.). I think these were far greater than his military achievements (he mastered psychological warfare and developed the best siege technology). Many ideas that arose in the west centuries later such as religious tolerance, free trade, and the high level of organization of state departments were all used and promoted by Genghis Khan in the early 13th century.

My confusion arises from the fact that people mention his military career all the time, while no one mentions his other contributions which were actually good.

And I don't know what he's doing in a thread for Turk warriors when he is the forefather of Mongols...
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 10:44
mongols are turkic?
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 15:02
Selamunaleykum or hi everybody i look all and very good pictures   
i like this picture stanbul gate (Conqueror Sultan Mehmet)

Edited by Alpertunga
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 14:49

Originally posted by Pacifist

Genghis Khan was one of the cruelest animals on the planet, I don't see how people are obsessed with that "thing".

True, very true. I couldn't agree with you more.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 14:53

Dear pacifist:

I think all those people in the pictures that have been posted in this thread are some of the cruelest animals on the planet and i don't see how turkish people are so obsessed with those "things"...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 14:58

famous quote from my Iraqi friend of Basrah

"The human history is even worse than animal's history."

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 17:23
Seljuk 1000x thanks for the Ottoman pics
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2006 at 22:33
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2006 at 22:34

Seljuk Turks

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 11:14

Im sorry to break your line of putting up pics, but i would like to know which of these turks were involved in the crusades apart from seljuks

find out why here: http://s9.invisionfree.com/nadjibs_project

Edited by beserker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>