Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Warriors
    Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 11:33
Originally posted by Young Tatar

Dear Friends,

I'm Crimean Tartar and I'm member of Giray Dynasty. My grandfather is Genghis Khan and Batu Khan and Hadji Giray Khan. Tartars are Turk. We are Powerful,Dignified and bold.Because,we are TURKS.
Trk Cumhuriyetleri Birliği bir gn kurulacaktır.
We found of Turkish Republics Union. certainly

I bet you are not "pure" Turk. Big%20smileLOLSmile
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 11:44
How can you guys take almost fifteen pages in a topic in the Military Forum and argue over Turkish-Central Asian ethnicity questions?  There are PLENTY of topics in the Ethnic History of Central Asia subforum in which you can argue to your heart's content over these issues.  But really, in the end, do you honestly expect to convince each other?

Anyways, why don't we try discussing "Turk Warriors" from a military perspective?  In other words, without getting into questions of ethnicity and nationality, what were the weapons and tactics utilized by Turks throughout the ages?  Once again, please try to be objective as much as possible, leaving out the questions/statements about ethnicity.

the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 15:04
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

what were the weapons and tactics utilized by Turks throughout the ages? 

Most important tactic that Turks used is Turan Tactic(maybe only tactic in pre ottoman age).

for example:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/20060716_062023_malazgirt10716n.JPG
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 17:09
Originally posted by Young Tatar

Because,

They weren't Turks.They were a Mongol. But,Crimean and Kazan Tatars are Turk.

LOLI think you're a bit confused about what a winged hussar is.Winged hussars are the polish heavy cavalry that wear heavy plate armour,5-5,5m long spears.sabers,pistols...Some of them also wear wings(winged hussar) to scare horses.They've got nothing to do with turks and tatars exept that thay fight against themLOL.

human View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 06:27
I cannot understand some things.

I am Greek. Greece has been under Ottoman occupation for 400 yrs. My logic says that there is a chance that i have Turkish blood.

How can a Turk be sure that he is a pure Turk (if there is such a thing, as a race speaking) since many tribes have been to their lands for centuries. Greeks, Huns, Mongols and many other.
You Got to Lose to Know How to Win...
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 06:35
Human ,you are way out of topic. 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 07:43
Seyid Onbaşı(corporal seyit)carrying a bullet(275 kg) for artillery(mechanism to carry the bullet broken during the alliance bombardement).

War of Gallipoli

Edited by the_oz - 27-Apr-2007 at 08:40
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 07:55
Struggle against invaders in hard conditions.

human View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 08:42
Originally posted by Spartakus

Well, parts of Hellenic population in Asia Minor were Turkified.So a part of modern Turks are coming from Turkified Hellens.Not all of course but a small part yes.

I found this post, which is yours, on this thread and many others having a relation with my post.

Im sorry if im way out though..... Smile
You Got to Lose to Know How to Win...
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 09:06
Turkish Army now:

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 09:46
Isn't that one of the Maroon Berets? If you look them up, that guy's picture is always shown.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 11:42
no he is SAT commando(su altı taaruz in turkish).
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 17:33
[/QUOTE]

Uhlans are later than Winged Hussars. They are something like Hussars descendants. They fought with lance like Winged Hussars. They were Polish, Lithuanians and Tartars as well. Unlike Winged Hussars they originated from Tartars who settled in Poland and Great Duchy of Lithuania. Even in WWII there were in Polish army some Uhlan troops with Tartar's banners. Famous Uhlan trops e.g Vistula Uhlans who anihilated British Coulbourn's Brigade in battle of Albhuera. Kazimierz Pułaski - US hero was Uhlan etc.
[/QUOTE]

also the word "uhlan" derivered from turkish word "oğlan".
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 21:42
Awesome pics Great StuffClapThumbs%20Up
HangPC2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote HangPC2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2007 at 00:33
Ottoman Canon

Ottoman Turkish Flintlock Kubur Pistol (1750)

Galley Warships (Kardigas)

Galleon Warships (Kalyon)

Edited by HangPC2 - 16-Jun-2007 at 00:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516