Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Warriors
    Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 13:42

I disagree, they are not mere cosmetic changes.  As examples: The North East Siberians have short limbs so that they can conserve as much heat as possible, and also thicker skin, they have narrow eyes so that the white from teh snow does not bother them as much.  East Africans have long limbs to create more surface area for the loss of heat is increased, black skin for protection against sun (and somehting to do with diseases too).  Both have flared noses for opposite reasons.

And I think the actual population with a direct Turkish ancestor in Turkey has been underestimated, though certainly not in the majority I think it is more than what most people on the internet (not anyone here in particular) for whatever reason try to make out.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 14:12

I disagree, they are not mere cosmetic changes.  As examples: The North East Siberians have short limbs so that they can conserve as much heat as possible, and also thicker skin, they have narrow eyes so that the white from teh snow does not bother them as much.  East Africans have long limbs to create more surface area for the loss of heat is increased, black skin for protection against sun (and somehting to do with diseases too).  Both have flared noses for opposite reasons.

I am not saying that humans are the same everywhere. What I am saying is genetical variance is not enough to identify 'races'. This variance you are writing about exhibits clinal character, involving gradual changes over a continuous area. Racial difference is something else, not observed in humans. But what people call 'races' (like 'black', 'white' race) are classifications based on cosmetic (i.e. visible) differences, not on genetic differences, which is a better indicator of how close human populations are.  

And I think the actual population with a direct Turkish ancestor in Turkey has been underestimated, though certainly not in the majority I think it is more than what most people on the internet (not anyone here in particular) for whatever reason try to make out.

How many direct 'Turkish' ancestors (Central Asian is a better term, since vast majority of Turks have Turkish ancestors obviously) you'd need to call someone a Turk? If my great great great grandfather came from Central Asia in year 1750, but the rest of the family line are local people, my genes are only three percent Central Asian. Note that this is only 250 years ago, not 1000. I'd agree that many people in Turkey (and in Iran, for that matter) would have some ancestors at some point from Central Asia, but it doesn't make the gene pool very Central Asian.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 15:02

OK if you want to remain in the strict confines of the word then I agree that the word race should not be used at all among humans, but it is a word which people understand and use in a cosmetic context.

Turkish I meant Central Asian. And I agree with you that on the whole the population is more regional than CA as Anatolia and Iran were already heavily populated, however, I think that the 5-10% figure is too low.  So instead of having just your (and I say this as an example) great great great Grandfather being of CA origin also another ancestor from that generation, again very dependent on region but on a higher % of the population than what we are generally led to believe by these genetic pie charts.

Even the Oghuz who came from CA would have been mixed to one degree or another before they came to Anatolia, ME genes are pretty strong in CA too, you know.

Edited by Zagros
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 04:38
  nice pics...but one of them are mongol, not turks. The one where the Mongol warrior bends to pull the arrow from the dead European guy's back.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 19:11
What makes you think so? His eyes perhaps?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 22:33
His dress. Silks etc, I am guessing.
Jorsalfar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Jorsalfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 06:16
He is a mongol. That picture is the cover of an Osprey book about the mongols. One of the Men At Arms books.
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 13:28
Originally posted by Jorsalfar

He is a mongol. That picture is the cover of an Osprey book about the mongols. One of the Men At Arms books.

It's a Golden Horde warrior
sometimes i confuse which one is Mongol or Turk.
sorry.

Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 13:51
some other ottoman war pictures.

War of Varna I guess

Kanuni Sultan Sleyman (Suleiman The Magnificent)  in Vienne

Another picture

cebeci View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote cebeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:37
yes that war was varna, 1444, murad II
history is just a repetation of itself
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 16:13

Does anyone know which war about the pictures 1 and 4?I have them in our forum's gallery, and I called them only as "zafer", I don't know what are they about

By the way, the pictures in first page are charming.

Kemalist_Mehmet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kemalist_Mehmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 16:21

Deniz GEZM is the best turkish 2. independent warrior

he was ATATURK's teens he was revolutionary

Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 18:21
what is the common similaritties between the other warrior pictures
and Deniz Gezmis? I couldn't find any.

Please be careful about the content of the topic.

--------------
maybe this topic can help you
http://www.allempires.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3746&a mp;PN=5

sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 00:44

this pic to make people a little bit uncomfortable. even pick on woman and kid?

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 11:38
they were the spoils of war
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 16:59
very amazing pictures, well done Turkoglu (Helal olsun kardeş

Tanrı Trk Korusun ve Yceltsin!
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 17:39

Originally posted by barish

I never thought I was going to say this one day, but they really look different from us.

It's nonsense to claim that the modern Turkish people are Turkified Greeks, but I don't know how to explain this huge physical difference.

the turks of today in the west are mostly turkified inhabitants that were already there.

like a lot of turks in turkey are anatolian and a lot of turks in the cacausus were already there, etc....

that is why you look different than the ones from the east.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 17:56

turkified turkifed......blah blah

pure farsi or greek?

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 17:58
Originally posted by Spartakus

Well, parts of Hellenic population in Asia Minor were Turkified.So a part of modern Turks are coming from Turkified Hellens.Not all of course but a small part yes.

go on spartakus and propagandas

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Luv_ya_Azerbaijan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Luv_ya_Azerbaijan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:04

none of us are Turkified, we are all proud Turks  

btw, I love the pictures, amazing, I'm out of words...brilliant

Turk milletlerinin birlik yoluna!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>