Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite armors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite armors
    Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 13:45

Whats your favorite armors?

US. armor!

What you see here is FULL SUT U.S.A. AROMR!

Photo, caption below.Soldiers Test New Flexible full Body Armor! 

photo - caption to the right 

Finely we get to see some heavy infantry in modern warfare!

US. helmets

More US. armor

You got to love US. ARMOR!

EUROPEAN ARMOR

Moder lag armor? I think its German? I know it from the EU!

Billede af Body Armor Walker

German WW1 and WW2 body armor!

Swiss helmet

Holy Roman Armor?

Gothic Sallet

You got to LOVE EUROPEAN ARMOR!

I just have a fascination with Western armor,and some mideast armor ...

Some Turkish  Armor

Should I have a poll?

Edited by Praetorian
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
--If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

"game over!! man game over!!"
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 14:18

Holy Roman Helmet

Roman Helmets

Need this...

Edited by Praetorian

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 15:24

Bronze helmet from Lefkadia, Naousa, 5th century BC,

Macedonian helmet 4th century BC,

Iron cuirass with gold detail from the Tomb of Philip at Vergina, 4th century BC,

Bronze greaves from Tomb A at Derveni, fourth quarter of 4th century BC

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 15:38

Corinthian helmet

Ancient Greek life size helmet from Macedonia

Ancient Greek Royal life size helmet from the the famous city of Sparta, dated 490 B.C.,

Ancient Greek life size helmet from
the famous city of Sparta, dated 490 B.C.,

Ancient Greek life size helmet, from Thessalia.(Achilles)

Ancient Greek life size helmet from Athens, dated 440 B.C

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 18:04

"Modern Holy Roman army" or Vatican army (they do have guns as well, they know how to fight hand to hand and with guns. They are no joke!).          ; ; ; ;

More EUROPE ANARMOR                                                                                         

Edited by Praetorian

TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 22:00
i dont believe in armor, it slows you down, and is very heavy. imagine walking 100 miles with a 50 lb vest on.
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Kemalist_Mehmet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kemalist_Mehmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 06:04

akritas your army had these things but you must remember

1922 Symnra

and Praetorian

your country is imperialist but you must remember Vietnam

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 07:20
Greeks were using ancient armors in 1922?

what happened in vietnam?
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 07:50
My favourite armor is the one that Huns used back in the ancient times. It was made of leather and was quite practical.

Kemalist_Mehmet; you are not a Kemalist, but just an ultra-nationalist. You love writing about irrelevant things under interesting topics.

And I think you just need to shut up!

Edited by barish
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 18:28

Go on people.

Look at this one!

Scealai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Scealai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:23

I love the Turkish armor and the Corinthian helmet.  They are beautiful.

Diversity is what makes the world beautiful.
Cataln View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Cataln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2008 at 17:07
The modern body armor posted in the photographs is getting replaced by more modular vests.  Bullet proof vests are great, but to be honest existing plates are pretty heavy although you can get used to them.  It made my back problem worse, though, which ultimately forced me to leave the US Army and infantry.  Hopefully, superior ceramic plates and better encasement materials in the future will allow to lighten plates while not sacrificing capability.  Both my plates were extra large, where as they should have probably been extra large in the back and large in the front - my opinion is also based on the fact that I had to carry the M240B, full battle rattle including a full pack, and my back couldn't handle all 120lbs of crap they gave me.

Others might have other opinions. Tongue Especially, if the vest saved their lives.
Julius Augustus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Julius Augustus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2008 at 10:25
as for helmets, the hoplite helmet for me gets the nod, for overall legionnaire... for horse man, sassanid cavalry, for archer, han chinese chokonu. 
Lwilliams View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2008 at 20:52
some good pics. i just love the ancient armor. the Ancient Greek's sure did have style  The last one from 440BC from Athens is my favorite.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2008 at 07:43
Originally posted by TheOrcRemix

i dont believe in armor, it slows you down, and is very heavy. imagine walking 100 miles with a 50 lb vest on.

Exactly what Nubia and other ancient Africans believed. Some of their armies had no armour at all and they defeated many Egyptian armies on the modern Egypt-Sudan border.
What is the officer problem?
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2008 at 08:00
Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

Originally posted by TheOrcRemix

Exactly what Nubia and other ancient Africans believed. Some of their armies had no armour at all and they defeated many Egyptian armies on the modern Egypt-Sudan border.

Just curious here, did they not employ large scale armour because they thought it ponderous - or was it that they lacked the urabisation, mineral deposits and smelting technology?
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2008 at 19:19

Nubia experienced the Khamaseen, a wind that blows from the Sahara into Egypt. It often raises the temperature to more than 38 degrees celcius. Armour in such conditions lead to exaustion - and in some cases - death. Having no armour also gives you an advantage on those who do. The armourless soldier is more agile and mobile, and therefore has the ability to dodge and give out blows at a faster rate. With this mobility, Nubia could encircle an enemy army before the heavier enemy troops could flank them. Having the enemy fight on multiple fronts is a sure-fire way to win a battle. The Germans learned this in World War II, with the Western and Eastern fronts, which ultimitly led to their demise. The Hittites were the smelting kings, having the ability to extract both copper and tin, and the ability to smelt iron weapons and scale armour. Egypt traded with Anatolians for copper and tin to create bronze. This means that Egypt had lower quantities of tin and copper that could provide their armies with the proper equipment. We can speculate that Nubia had the same situation, and without any access to the Mediterranean, Nubia would have had a difficult time getting their hands on it. Nonetheless, Nubia found no reason to complain. Their domestic supplies grew, which included gold and ivory. These resources could be spent on recruiting, training, feeding, maintaining, entertaining, and paying their armies.

Good question Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Darius of Parsa - 18-Jun-2008 at 19:26
What is the officer problem?
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Tyranos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 05:13
Dendra armour is pretty nice.

I like Roman too:

Edited by Tyranos - 24-Jun-2008 at 05:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 05:42

Mamluk mail and plate

Turkish mail and plate

Ottoman Greave

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 06:04
Topkapi Palace collection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>