Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kashmir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kashmir
    Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 15:30
Originally posted by Rajput

Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Pakistan fought India twice to a standstill, On another point,.....the truce picture is always a source of amusement.

Last time I checked, Lahore was in Pakistan not India.  Do you have any pictures of Pakistan army encroaching Indian cities in this magnitude?

The Indian Army didnt make any significant advances into West Pakistan. This is on record in all neutral sites. Wikipedia does say that the Indian Army made a ssuccessful crossing after a failure, and then got bombed into oblivion as they advanced. The Western front was a stalemate. This is what everyone acknowledges, except you I guess. Some sources even describe the Indian actions on the Western front as timid (you can take it up with them).

"Though the Indian conduct of the land war on the western front was somewhat timid" 

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/bravo/bangladesh1971.htm 

Even looking at the losses on that site, India took 5 times as many losses in the war than Pakistan. Pakistan's army was only one third the size of the Indian Army and a almost a quarter of them (70000) were fighting in East Pakistan at the time. Also the East Pakistani/Bengali segment of the Pakistani Army together with all the technical personnel had deserted the army leaving perhaps 200,000 poorly equipped West Pakistani soldiers on the Western front up against nearly a million Soviet armed Indian troops. Yet no major incursions into West Pakistan were made, at least none that lasted more than a day.

Trust me if it were not for the United States intervention and politics the Indians would have forced the Pakistani army into the hind kush.  Should I post up more humiliating picutres of Pakistanis abandoning their mothers to flee from their homes at the site of the Indian army?   

The equal argument applies to the Soviet Union's supply of weapons to India during this time. Without their help (and the help of the Bangladeshis), the war would have turned out very differently for India.

Indian flag flying over Lahore and Dera Baba Nanak

....savouring all 5 minutes of the time they had left before a counter strike

Originally posted by

TeldeInduz]
Originally posted by Rajpu

Some pandits are fighting with the Kashmiri Muslims, some are fleeing the war.

Please spare me this nuisance, this is utter rubbish because I for one have been to Kashmir and know the people on a first hand basis. 

I've actually lived in Kashmir for a short while.  

This article you posted up is nothing but a secluded instance,

Whether it's secluded or not is not the point. It is happening, and the Hindu pandits are taking up arms against the Indian Army. They are even trusted to command regional resistance groups, so I doubt it's secluded incidences.

what the muslims wanted to accomplish was to have a majority in ALL the areas of Kashmir hence they have driven out a chunk of its minority population by extremist activity. 

This is false. Look at the demography of Kashmir over the years. The religious groups have not changed their demographies in Kashmir as a whole. If Hindu Pandits have fled, so have Kashmiri Muslims, it's all provable.

Land and religious rivalry is hardly called supporting the Kashmiri cause. This is an isolated incidence at best, if not another scheme thought up by the kashmiri mullahs.

Now there's a conspiracy theory , and there are plenty more incidents like those mentioned above being reported.

Officially, 45,000 people have died in Kashmir since 1989. However, the unofficial count is more than 80,000

More than triple that was the outcome against the hindus of India by muslim warlords so we're still not quite there yet .   Got alot of old scores to settle you see   how is it that they so eloquently put it?...'an eye for an eye' ?...   

I've never heard that line of justification for killing and torturing Kashmiri civilians before!!

Originally posted by Teldeinduz

You could look at a pattern in that way. You could also look at other patterns such as the only two Hindu majority countries, India, and Nepal, are involved in either bloody civil wars (Nepal, the Maoists), or wars with their neighbours (India, Pakistan and China).

Hey I see a pattern, I see muslims fighting each other and people of other religions far more often than people of other societies; this is caused by factions trying to promote their unique brands of Islam, tribal wars etc.  I also see the worlds conflicts most of which involve muslims... 

You are correct, the reason being oil. What is the excuse India/Nepal for being involved in war?

I see another pattern, muslim terrorists using Nepal as a base for its operations, and supporting the Maoists with arms etc. while China turns a blind eye. 

What do Muslims have to do with Nepal. It's a Maoist insurgency.

What about the hijacking of a Indian Airline flight which was taken to Afghanistan from Nepal??....see a pattern now?

Yep, this one I can give you. But again, I can quote terrorism in Gujerat. The Kashmiris wash their hands of any terrorists in the only way they know how, staging strikes and protests.

Pakistan does not control any Kashmiri fighting outfit. It has influence over some

Atleast you're not in complete denial...and yea the day India loses Kashmir will be the day that Pakistan signs its own death wish because kashmir is part of a bigger picture which involves religion, ethnicity, culture, religion and nationalism.

If Kashmir erupts, it wont have anything to do with Pakistan, the people in Delhi and Islamabad know that dropping one nuke will just cause an equally devastating reponse, so that is not a situtation you need worry about.

You do not seem to get the point that most Kashmiris do not want to be a part of India either.

Edited by TeldeInduz
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 16:36

I have a large kashmiri community living in my town, they r always referred to by the govt as Pakistanis, although they r kashmiris from Free-Kashmir.

I have asked many, the question of union with India or pakistan. I have only heard two different answers.

1. Union with pakistan  50%
  2. Independent Kashmir  50%

However, most of the latter opt for independence because they feel frustrated with the Pakistani Govt's insincerity towards that goal.

Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 17:09

Even looking at the losses on that site, India took 5 times as many losses in the war than Pakistan.

Nice try now read the truth....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India-Pakistan_wars

"However, based on some relevant data, it is estimated that the war casualties of the conflict in 1947-48; 1965; 1971 and 1999 (Kargil) have been 8,733 for India and 13,896 for Pakistan. [1] This does not include the losses in minor skirmishes and areas like Siachen."

The equal argument applies to the Soviet Union's supply of weapons to India during this time. Without their help (and the help of the Bangladeshis), the war would have turned out very differently for India.

There were no banglas in the 1965 war buddy the Indians would've had the mullas running helter skelter like the article said.

Originally posted by

TeldeInduz]I've actually lived in Kashmir for a short while.  

I figured that...sure only for a short while?  You sure do sound like the progeny of a hard liner kashmiri mullah

Whether it's secluded or not is not the point. It is happening, and the Hindu pandits are taking up arms against the Indian Army.

I bet all these 'pandits' are converts to Islam, gutt feeling.

I've never heard that line of justification for killing and torturing Kashmiri civilians before!!

then again you've probably never met the likes of me, my grand father wouldnt even let a muslim touch his luggage at the train station. 

You are correct, the reason being oil. What is the excuse India/Nepal for being involved in war?

Not oil, the correct reason being Islam; you don't see non-muslim countries rich with oil reserves fighting wars like this do you??  There is NO oil to be fought over in Thailand, so then why do the thai muslims fight with the buddhists?  There is no oil in Nigeria so then why do christians and muslims go at it? There is no oil to be fought over in New Guinea so why do the muslims fight the animists? Good job buddy 

Maoists are present in India too...see a pattern there? Ask the countless ISI agents that've infiltraded the area and are supplying maoist rebels with arms and amunitions. 

If Kashmir erupts, it wont have anything to do with Pakistan, the people in Delhi and Islamabad know that dropping one nuke will just cause an equally devastating reponse, so that is not a situtation you need worry about.

India is very much in a position to run pakistan w/o a nuclear war.  We don't need nukes for a bunch of people running around wearing kufis and salwars riding ponies and camels  can you say GENOCIDE  

You do not seem to get the point that most Kashmiris do not want to be a part of India either.

I get your point, but I dont care much for it, you still havent gotten mine though... lemme make it a bit more simple...now the question is how many lives are they (muslims) willing to sacrifice in the process because INDIA IS NOT GOING TO GIVE IT UP WITHOUT WWIII 

Edited by Rajput

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 17:52

one question and one concern

then again you've probably never met the likes of me, my grand father wouldnt even let a muslim touch his luggage at the train station. 

question

R U A rajput?

If u r then there could be another reason Y ur grandfather didnt want his muslim brother to touch his luggage, it may have been because he didnt want to pass on any contagious diseases to this man.

After all rajputs fought alongside afghans against fellow hindu marathas. Ur great great grandfather could hve been one of those who did so.

INDIA IS NOT GOING TO GIVE IT UP WITHOUT WWIII 

concern

how do u plan to bring the rest of the world into ur war?

Edited by malizai_
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 18:10

Even looking at the losses on that site, India took 5 times as many losses in the war than Pakistan.

Nice try now read the truth....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India-Pakistan_wars

lol..wikipedia..

There were no banglas in the 1965 war buddy the Indians would've had the mullas running helter skelter like the article said.

Do you not know the history of Indo-Pak? The 65 war was a stalemate. Pakistan probably had the upper hand. The East Pakistanis did fight then (East Pakistani Rifles). 

I've actually lived in Kashmir for a short while. 

I figured that...sure only for a short while?  You sure do sound like the progeny of a hard liner kashmiri mullah 

Not a Mullah and not Kashmiri either.

Whether it's secluded or not is not the point. It is happening, and the Hindu pandits are taking up arms against the Indian Army.

I bet all these 'pandits' are converts to Islam, gutt feeling.

With names like Sandeep Singh?

Originally posted by TeldeIndus

Must have had something to hide..

You are correct, the reason being oil. What is the excuse India/Nepal for being involved in war?

Not oil, the correct reason being Islam; you don't see non-muslim countries rich with oil reserves fighting wars like this do you?? 

Non Muslim countries rich with oil reserves. How many are there? Russia, but it's got atomic weapons and ICBMs so it's out of the question. Who else?, North Sea Oil, all comes under NATO. Most of the oil reserves in the world is under Muslim countries last time it was checked.

There is NO oil to be fought over in Thailand, so then why do the thai muslims fight with the buddhists? 

Probably something along the lines and magnitude of the Naxals in India.

There is no oil in Nigeria so then why do christians and muslims go at it?

They've always been going at it havent they?

There is no oil to be fought over in New Guinea so why do the muslims fight the animists? Good job buddy  

Ah, animists!! Another large scale confrontation  

Maoists are present in India too...see a pattern there? Ask the countless ISI agents that've infiltraded the area and are supplying maoist rebels with arms and amunitions. 

Same thing in Balochistan I guess, though I think the Maoists are getting their arms from India.

Arms are being smuggled into India, yet they confirmed that the arms are usually Chinese and Russian made. A rebel's statement said: "Usually we get arms through Nepal and sometimes through Tibet, but our main procurer are ULFA and LTTE. here are so many arms dealer all over the world. They are sitting in China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and even in India. I am not in the position to say much on this subject."
The chief weapons used by the Maoists are not big machine-guns but homemade guns, pistols, land explosives, pressure-cooker bombs and other small arms.

The bulk of small arms smuggled into Nepal come from India's bordering illegal arms bazaar. Weapons like katuwa (homemade guns), bharuwa (muzzle loader), 12-bore guns, 22-bore guns, air guns, rifles and shotguns were easily brought into Nepal, mostly by criminals and sold to Maoist militants. The raw materials for socket bombs and land explosives that have seriously injured and killed many civilians were smuggled from India.

http://www.raonline.ch/pages/story/np/mao16B01T.html 

If Kashmir erupts, it wont have anything to do with Pakistan, the people in Delhi and Islamabad know that dropping one nuke will just cause an equally devastating reponse, so that is not a situtation you need worry about.

India is very much in a position to run pakistan w/o a nuclear war.  We don't need nukes for a bunch of people running around wearing kufis and salwars riding ponies and camels  can you say GENOCIDE 

No no. India cannot beat Pakistan in a conventional war either. The one on one wars in the past have proved this. What Pakistan lacks in numbers is made up for in other areas. This has been proven in the past.

I get your point, but I dont care much for it, you still havent gotten mine though... lemme make it a bit more simple...now the question is how many lives are they (muslims) willing to sacrifice in the process because INDIA IS NOT GOING TO GIVE IT UP WITHOUT WWIII

Ah, Kashmiri democracy!! 

You're living in a dream world if you think India is capable of launching world war 3. It doesnt have the means or in fact the testicular forttitude to do either!! 

..might I suggest you continue watching "Tiger Gurjeet Singh" on WWF, as I think this is the closest you'll get to seeing World war 3  

Edited by TeldeInduz
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 19:05

Originally posted by malizai_

R U A rajput? If u r then there could be another reason Y ur grandfather didnt want his muslim brother to touch his luggage, it may have been because he didnt want to pass on any contagious diseases to this man. After all rajputs fought alongside afghans against fellow hindu marathas. Ur great great grandfather could hve been one of those who did so.

Progeny of our HINDU - RAJPUT great-grandfathers :

Yes I'm a rajput not some mix breed mongrel.  The Rajputs fought against the marathas because the marathas were responsible for genocide against former, which they repeated on and off.  Times have changed and India is now more united than ever under the Hindu Faith!

how do u plan to bring the rest of the world into ur war?

Well first and foremost its not my war but yea you have China sitting pretty to the east and India just signed a Nuclear pact with the Americans, yea its gona get messy. Russia is not going to sit idle while they go at it and neither is North Korea, so its a recipe for WWIII.

Edited by Rajput

Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 19:33

lol..wikipedia..

I know i'm not a big fan either but you yourself were in its favor previously "This is on record in all neutral sites. Wikipedia does say that the Indian Army made a ssuccessful crossing after a failure, and then got bombed into oblivion as they advanced."

The East Pakistanis did fight then (East Pakistani Rifles).

Most of the action was on the western front.

Correction:  Sandeep 'Saifullah' ....

Actually he said it to the mans face...because the guy asked 'but why? its my # to pick the next luggage' and he said 'because you're muslim'.

Non Muslim countries rich with oil reserves. How many are there? Russia, but it's got atomic weapons and ICBMs so it's out of the question. Who else?, North Sea Oil, all comes under NATO. Most of the oil reserves in the world is under Muslim countries last time it was checked.

try Venezuela

Really?  thats why they kidnap thai girls and cut them up into pieces if they dont convert???  Is there an end to your ignorance and hypocrasy ?

There you go exactly my point!  what possible quarrels could the entire muslim populus possibly have with animists??? If you still don't see it then you're beyond hope.

No no. India cannot beat Pakistan in a conventional war either. The one on one wars in the past have proved this. What Pakistan lacks in numbers is made up for in other areas. This has been proven in the past.

I dare them to prove it again...

You're living in a dream world if you think India is capable of launching world war 3. It doesnt have the means or in fact the testicular forttitude to do either!! 

Testicular fortitude huh?  I got your fortitude right here; their fore fathers used to make muslims run back to the hills!

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 20:11
R all rajputs hindus, by the way?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 21:09

lol..wikipedia..

I know i'm not a big fan either but you yourself were in its favor previously "This is on record in all neutral sites. Wikipedia does say that the Indian Army made a ssuccessful crossing after a failure, and then got bombed into oblivion as they advanced."

Nope, I'm never in favour of it, I was quoting the only site I could find that said that the Indian Army made any inroads into Pakistani territory. And surprise, surprise, it was Wiki.

The East Pakistanis did fight then (East Pakistani Rifles).

Most of the action was on the western front.

Either way Bangladeshis were fighting for Pakistan (some received awards for their efforts), but more importantly for sure, millions of Bengalis were not fighting against Pakistan whilst being aligned with India, as in the '71 war.

Correction:  Sandeep 'Saifullah' ....

Alright, and these ones also are closet Muslims?

Brothers-in-arms

The police are puzzled by the number of Hindus joining the ranks of Kashmiri militants

Iftikhar Gilani New Delhi
The recent arrest of some Hindus for allegedly abating and funding militants in Jammu and Kashmir,
coupled with the killing of a Hindu commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen, has thrown new light on the militancy in the state.

Although the association of Hindus with militancy in Kashmir is not new, this became apparent with the arrest of a Hindu doctor S K Pandita, who was charged with sheltering militants, followed by the arrest of a Kashmiri Pandit Dalip Kumar, who was involved in financing them. This came in the wake of the killing of a Hindu area commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen, identified as Uttam Singh alias Saifullah in  Doda district.

Intelligence agencies have so far identified 40-50 Hindu youth who have taken up arms in Doda, Rajouri and Poonch. According to Rajouri Senior Superintendent Police, J P Singh, the police have already identified three of the seven top Hindu militants from the Rajouri-Poonch area. Of the three, Sham Lal and Kirpal Singh belong to the Hizbul Mujahideen and Sanjay to the Lashkar-e-Toiba. Singh claimed all of them have crossed the Line of Control (LoC) for arms training. One of them is also an area commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen. He added that the police had trapped Sham Lal two months ago, but he escaped while five of his accomplices were shot dead.

A senior police officer believes that the idealism associated with militancy, hunger for power and opportunities to extort money are the factors that lure Hindu boys into it. Unemployment and poverty, especially in the remote areas, are also catalysts. "However, their number is very small and we are holding interactive sessions with leaders from both the Muslim and Hindu community to stop their youth from committing acts of violence," he said.

Almost three months ago, a teenage Hindu girl, Neena, was arrested from Rajouri for assisting militants. Police later said that she had fallen in love with a Hizbul Mujahideen district commander, Shamshuddin. According to police, she facilitated the passage of several Hindu and Muslim militants, and had arranged for food and shelter for them.

The involvement of Hindus in insurgency dates back to 1992, when a youth was killed while trying to throw a grenade in a busy Jammu chowk. The association became more evident when, in 2001, security forces killed a Hindu militant Kuldeep Singh along with seven others in a fierce encounter at Chatter Gali in Doda district. His elder brother Randeep Singh is still a commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen in Doda district.
According to police files, Lal Chand, the son of a local farmer, had crossed over to Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) in 1997 and returned to Doda in 2001, after undergoing arms training. In the following year, security forces arrested Bharat Kumar from the Satwari area of Jammu city with arms and ammunition. He had received military training for four years in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The police also arrested another Hindu, a noted smuggler from the border town of RS Pura, who was found involved in Jammu's Raghunath temple attack in 2002. In November 2004, Manoj Kumar Manhas, a Hizbul Mujahideen activist, was among the 47 militants who surrendered before the army. Manoj Kumar had then revealed that he was allured into militancy by another Hindu militant, Baldev Singh, who is
still absconding.

The recent arrests of a doctor and a financer have added a new dimension to the whole saga. Earlier, authorities would blame unemployment, hunger and remoteness to this phenomenon. S K Pandita, was said to be heading a state government dispensary at Gund Thethar in Doda. He was arrested when it was found that a Hizbul Mujahideen militant injured in a blast on August 10 was treated by him. Pandita confessed that he had been harbouring militants of the Hizbul Mujahideen and the Lashkar-e-Toiba for over a decade.
 According to the superintendent of police, Banihal, Garib Das, the doctor disclosed during interrogation that he was also acting as a courier for the militants, carrying their messages and ammunition.
The editor of a local weekly Sada-e-Kohsar, Haq Nawaz Nehru says that besides romanticism, it is the police atrocities that force Hindu youth to join militant ranks. However, police officials said most of those who have joined militants are criminals.

Ghambir Chand, father of a Hindu militant, Baldev, claims that some gunmen hadabducted his son when he had taken cattle to the nearby forests for grazing. "When he escaped from the militants' custody and reached home after 10 days, I personally took him to the nearby Army camp for questioning," he said. There they detained his son for two months and later handed him over to the Bhaderwah police.

"A week later, he was released. But he was picked up again, this time by the Special Operations Group (SOG), immediately after we reached home," Baldev's father said. The SOG tortured him, but he escaped from their custody after a month and later resurfaced as a militant.

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2005/09/111 

Actually he said it to the mans face...because the guy asked 'but why? its my # to pick the next luggage' and he said 'because you're muslim'.

I favour Malizai's explanation  

try Venezuela

Muslim countries occupy 7 of the top ten slots for oil reserve quantity.

http://capitals.com/rankorder/2178rank.html 

PS Nigeria is ranked in 10th place. It's a Muslim country.

Really?  thats why they kidnap thai girls and cut them up into pieces if they dont convert???  Is there an end to your ignorance and hypocrasy ?

That sounds more like what they did in Gujerat to Muslims. I've not heard of people systematically cutting up people if they dont convert. If you have a link, I'd be interested to see it.

There you go exactly my point!  what possible quarrels could the entire muslim populus possibly have with animists??? If you still don't see it then you're beyond hope.

It's not what possible quarrels, more like what quarrels. Animists are fighting Christians, Animists are fighting Muslims, Muslims are fighting Christians, Christians Muslims, that is Nigeria.

For example, in July, animists destroyed Christian homes and businesses in Nkalaha, Ebonyi State in retaliation for the nonparticipation of Christians in animist rites and traditions. Animists in Ebonyi State insisted that all individuals pay cultural respect to the traditional ruler. Many Christians refused, and in retaliation the animists flogged the Christians. The Christians later complained to the police, who then beat the animists involved in the flogging.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35376.htm 

Christians are responding on a number of fronts. Earlier this year, three pastors and twenty-one other Christians from the town of Neke in Enugu state in southeastern Nigeria attempted to expose human sacrifices and idol worship by a traditionalist religious group that has killed at least thirty-two people.

http://www.preachingtoday.com/26007 

I dare them to prove it again... 

I can see them listening to you.

Testicular fortitude huh?  I got your fortitude right here; their fore fathers used to make muslims run back to the hills!

Ah, yes, your fortitude must be a mental carryover from "Tiger Gurpreet Singh's" last wrestling match, most likely watched from your armchair with all the enthusiasm of a kid riding his first bike.

Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 21:45

Originally posted by malizai_

R all rajputs hindus, by the way?

Most of the Rajput kings are still all Hindu, some are Sikh and One is muslim, Ruler of Bhawalpur now in pakistan, but even they now claim arab descent.

The muslim rajputs converted to Islam mainly to keep their titles and lands under the afghans or mughals.  They are ostracized by the rest of the non-muslim rajputs since they had converted and were marrying their cousins (against hindu/sikh faiths).  Most Rajput kings were leniant when it came to religion, the sufi saint khwaja chisti even flourished his madrasa during the reign of Pithora Chauhan.  Most of the rajputs that converted to Islam are of the Sindh and Punjab regions and even though they'll tell you that they converted under sufi saints, the truth is that they converted to save their lands which is why they're not accepted as rajput anymore.  The duty of a rajput as a kshatriya is to defend ones dharma(religion) unto death.

Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 22:30

Ah, yes, your fortitude must be a mental carryover from "Tiger Gurpreet Singh's" last wrestling match, most likely watched from your armchair with all the enthusiasm of a kid riding his first bike.

What can I say teldeinduz, if its testicular fortitude you're looking for then trust me, my people can help your people out because I know for a fact that yours will not have the ballocks to display such bravado in war. 

"The Thermoplyae of 19th Century" - Battle of Saragarhi

21 sikh soldiers of the punjab regiment led by Ishar Singh defended a fort in the NWFP area of Pakistan against approximately 10,000 Orakzai and Afridi tribesmen.  All were awarded the Indian Order of Merit equivalent to the victoria cross.

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/forces/armycampaigns/indianca mpaigns/samana.htm

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 07:56

What can I say teldeinduz, if its testicular fortitude you're looking for then trust me, my people can help your people out because I know for a fact that yours will not have the ballocks to display such bravado in war. 

"The Thermoplyae of 19th Century" - Battle of Saragarhi

21 sikh soldiers of the punjab regiment led by Ishar Singh defended a fort in the NWFP area of Pakistan against approximately 10,000 Orakzai and Afridi tribesmen.  All were awarded the Indian Order of Merit equivalent to the victoria cross.

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/forces/armycampaigns/indianca mpaigns/samana.htm

Interesting. But you missed out that there were some 4 forts, and that they kept the gates locked out of fear for letting in the tribals. Fortresses are very difficult to break into without heavy weaponry,  yet thousands of reinforcements were sent, who did not stay and fight..

On the 9th Sept the sentries on the eastern outposts saw something that caused great excitement thoughout the Samana fortifications. A large body of soldiers marching towards them under a British flag, about 2000 men of the Royal Irish Regiment, 2nd and 3rd Gurkhas, and 2nd Punjab Infantry commanded by Major-General Yeatman-Biggs.

Yeatman-Biggs feared that they would cut off his route back to Hangu, and as there was insufficient water to supply his men on the Samana, he decided to return.

Then later on..heavy weapons arrive (though I dont get why Yeatman-Biggs only just received news of the fighting when he had already launched an expedition there before)

Yeatman-Biggs received news of their plight and sent the 3rd Bengal Cavalry, a squadron of the 3rd Punjab Cavalry and four guns of the 9th Field Battery RA down the Miranzai Valley to give support to Fort Gulistan.

The Pathans in NWFP didnt take too kindly to colonialism..

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 07:58

So..back on topic.. 

Edited by TeldeInduz
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 08:48

Interesting. But you missed out that there were some 4 forts, and that they kept the gates locked out of fear for letting in the tribals.

2 main forts and the one being discussed was a VERY small one in the middle. 

On the 9th Sept the sentries on the eastern outposts saw something that caused great excitement thoughout the Samana fortifications. A large body of soldiers marching towards them under a British flag, about 2000 men of the Royal Irish Regiment, 2nd and 3rd Gurkhas, and 2nd Punjab Infantry commanded by Major-General Yeatman-Biggs.

So whats your point?  The sikhs inside Saragarhi were still numbered to 21 and they fought to the last man; I'm pretty sure that the 'pathans' saw this as a humiliating battle for themselves .

The gate was forced at the same time and the 19 men fought a desperate hand-to-hand fight with their few remaining bullets and their bayonets. The sheer weight of numbers soon overwhelmed them and they were all killed.  Even the naik who had been wounded earlier shot four attackers from his sick-bed. The last man to die locked himself in the guardroom from where he managed to shoot 20 Pathans, but they set fire to the building and left him to burn to death.

The Pathans in NWFP didnt take too kindly to colonialism..

I know my share of 'pathans' they're also notorious for switching sides, not staying true to their word and fleeing the battle field.  History has proven this more than once.

PS.  The topic is your testicular fortitude remember??....lets see that you of your people. 

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 10:06
No no. This topic is on Kashmir, not Pathans if you didnt know. If you'd like to discuss Pathan history and how they fought colonialism as well as fortitudes, do start a new thread. I would be more than happy to discuss it.

Edited by TeldeInduz
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 09:16

23 Kashmiri Hindus Gunned Down on Republic Day Eve

Terrorists shot dead 23 civilians in the village of Wandhama, near the town of Ganderbal in Jammu and Kashmir. The victims, all civilians, included four children, nine women and 10 men. Wandhama, a village at the foothills of the mountains just 30 km outside Srinagar, boasted four families of Kashmiri Hindu Pandits, numbering around 24. A boy is the only survivor of the tragedy. The attackers also torched a small Hindu temple and blew up a house.

Kashmiri Pundits Killed at Wandhama

According to one reporter (Mukhtar Ahmad), the survivor is 14-year old Vinod Kumar Dhar. According to his report two dozen-odd militants dropped in for tea, around 2030 hours on 25 January at the village. "When they came, they assured us they wouldn't harm the four Pandit families... one Urdu-speaking gunman asked for tea and my mother made it for all of them and served it to them herself... then time passed, and other militants began entering the other three houses of my relatives," Dhar recalls. Dhar was in the upper story of the house, fighting sleep and waiting for the "guests" to leave before retiring for the night, when the death-rattle of automatic weapons broke out. "I heard the cries of my mother and sisters, I heard the sounds of shots from the homes of my relatives as well... I hid upstairs, scared they would search the house... they didn't, but two militants set it on fire before leaving... I came down, but all I saw was bodies lying scattered everywhere... my mother, my sisters, relatives... all, dead... when I went out, I saw the other three houses burning, a temple near our home was also in flames..."

Ahmad report goes on to quote a local. "These families were happy here in the village, they never migrated despite all the troubles, they always said they would be part of our community, would live and die with us," said a grief stricken Ghulam Rasool, native of Wandhama. "I had been pressing them, saying they should migrate to Jammu, they never listened, they said they loved their village and wanted to stay there. And since we never had any problems here before, I thought they were right."

Twenty three funeral pyres were erected, bearing the bodies of the victims. And Dhar, lone survivor of the carnage, went tearfully from one to the other with burning brand in hand, consigning his mother, his sisters, father and relatives to the sacred flames -- which rose against the backdrop of the four torched houses where, a day earlier, four families of Kashmiri pundits had lived in peace and amity with their neighbours. "Where will I go now?" a sobbing Dhar asked as he was led away, out of range of the scorching flames. "There is no one for me, no one to look after me, no one to care for our fields, our orchard and cattle...there is no one left for me..."

Kashmiri Pundits Outraged

The Kashmiri pundit (Hindu) community all over the world has reacted with shock and outrage at the incident. Before the beginning of militancy in the state of Jammu & Kashmir in 1989, the Valley had over 3,00,000 pundits. Today, it is estimated that there are just a few hundred left. The pundits are the original inhabitants of the Valley.

Kashmiri Pundist Demonstrating in New Delhi

The day after the incident, agitating Kashmiri Pandits clashed with police in the Capital, New Delhi, when they broke barricades and tried to force their way to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). At least 11 Kashmiri Pandits, including ''Panun Kashmir`` convenor Dr Agnishekhar, were injured when they were hit by water cannon. Dr Agnishekhar fell unconscious and rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Earlier, all the prominent Pandit organisations asked the Centre to dismiss the Farooq Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir and demanded a fresh look to their rehabilitation in view of the January 25/26 massacre of Pandits in Wandhama village in the chief minister`s constituency. ''We unanimously reiterate our loss of faith in the Farooq Abdullah government`s competence to control the situation in Kashmir, where the remaining Pandits are butchered by militants as the administration watches on,`` said Panun Kashmir Convenor Dr Agnishekhar.

In Jammu, the winter capital of the state of Jammu & Kashmir, an agitating mob set on fire two trucks and students clashed with the police leaving four persons injured in sporadic violence as a general strike, called to protest against the killing of 23 Kashmiri Pandits, evoked a partial response in Jammu region on 27 January.

In a press release, the Indo-American Kashmir Forum (IAKF) in Washington D.C. condemned the carnage and demanded military protection. "The details of the latest carnage are of unprecedented proportions. On the eve of India&;s 48th Republic day, January 25, 1998, a band of armed Islamic terrorists fighting the Jihad in Kashmir entered Wandhama village in Ganderbal district, about 20 miles north of Srinagar, the State capital. In the village, a predominantly Muslim area, the militants sought out the four Pandit (Hindu minority) families living there. Additionally, another Pandit family was visiting the village on this unfortunate day. By the time the Islamic insurgents were through, 23 Pandits lay dead from the five families that included 10 men, 9 women and 4 children. Of these, 17 were gunned down including a one year old boy who received 18 bullets. The remaining 6 victims consisting of 4 women and 2 children were burnt alive. Following the massacre, the militants torched their homes and the nearby Hindu Temple, before escaping into the vastness of night. No group has so far claimed responsibility for this crime against humanity.

The Indo-American Kashmir Forum joins our apex organization in North America, the Kashmiri Overseas Association (KOA), in condemning this brutal outrage on the Pandit minority in Kashmir. The significance of this massacre, coming on the eve of a national celebration and in the constituency of Dr.Farooq Abdullah, the Chief Minister, is a further indication of the evil designs by fanatic Islamic warriors armed and supported by Pakistan. But even more importantly, it undermines any claims by the Central government in Delhi or by the State government that normalcy is returning in Kashmir. Indeed, since the return of the elected government in the state, Kashmiri Pandits have been the targets of three massacres, one in Sangrampura (March 1997), the other in Gool Gulabgarh (June 1997), and now the latest massacre in Wandhama (January 1998). Therefore, any efforts by the Abdullah government to urge Pandit refugees to return to the State without first acknowledging and mitigating their security and related concerns lends credence to the charge that the State government has utterly failed to respond to Pandit concerns, needs and demands. And the posture of the Central government in playing a role of a silent spectator in this political tussle between the Abdullah government and the Pandits is both deplorable and shocking. Kashmiri Pandits, loyal Indian citizens, feel betrayed and the latest massacre only proves what was inevitable given the attitude of the Central and State governments towards their security needs, and their political and human rights."

Gujral visits Wandhama

Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral on 28 January joined the mourners in Kashmir's Wandhama village. Amidst tight security, the prime minister, accompanied by Governor General K V Krishna Rao (retired), Chief Minister Dr Farooq Abdullah and Union Minister for Environment Saifuddin Soz, arrived in the afternoon after inaugurating the National Winter Games in Gulmarg.

"I have come here to express my grief on behalf of the nation," he said, "The people of Punjab had unitedly defeated the nefarious designs of the enemy. The people of Kashmir will also defeat the designs.''  Gujral assured 14-year-old Vinod Kumar Dhar, the lone survivor of the massacre, that the government would bear the cost of his education and upbringing. Speaking to a group of Kashmiri Pandits who had come down from nearby villages, the premier said adequate security would be provided in all vulnerable areas. Reports from Ganderbal, meanwhile, said that many Kashmiri Pandits in the area were preparing to leave for Jammu.

Foreign Mercenaries Responsible

Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister, Dr Farooq Abdullah, flew to the village where the carnage took place. He said that such acts of terror were guided and masterminded by Pakistan and militant groups sponsored by ISI. "Where were those making noises about human rights violations?" Let them come and see now who is committing the human rights violations," he said.  He said that his government would take all set ups to ensure security of the minorities in the State."Kashmir Pandits were part of all of us and no one can change that fact," he added.

Police squarely blamed the pro-pakistan Hizbul Mujahideen for the killings. However, the army did not disclose the identity of the group. A spokesman of the army said the group would be neutralised soon. He said: ''It is known that this group consisted of 10 to 17 foreign militants supported by some local ultra. The local militants operating with the group are known to have certain links with certain political leaders of that area and is because of these political links that they have certain amount of confidence in carrying out such acts. The wide condemnation of this cowardly act by Hurriyat Conference, Jamaat-e-Islami and other parties is a positive sign. What is needed now is that these culprits be exposed by the Hurriyat and Jamaat who have all along supported them and even fueled them."

Algeria type situation Likely, warns former JKLF Leader

Hashim Qureshi Chairman of Jammu & Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party express his deep sadness and anger against killing of 23 Kashmiri Pandits in Ganderbal on January the 26. Hashim Qureshi condemned and said in his press statement: " These kind of inhuman and barbaric actions are not only grass violation of human rights but also action of wild boar against humanity, it proves, that these kind of people who are killing women, men and children are enemies of the Kashmiri people and enemies of the Kashmiri struggle. Actions like, blowing up human bodies and burning down the religious worships should be called "an act of a beast against civilised people". Hashim Qureshi warns the people of Kashmir that these kind of unhuman killings are the beginning of an Algerian kind of massacres against innocent people. He said; " If we Kashmiris will not stand up against these kind of barbaric acts, it can be happen anywhere and with everyone.

NHRC to probe Wandhama massacre

The National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday decided to conduct an on- the-spot investigation into the Wandhama massacre. After hearing representatives of the Kashmiri people, the Commission's three- member bench, headed by Justice M N Venkatachaliah, asked its director general (investigation) to proceed to the spot immediately.

The Commission also issued notices to Union Home Secretary B P Singh and the chief secretary and director general of police of Jammu and Kashmir on the safety of the minorities in the valley. The other Pandits should be given 'adequate protection'. And the state should report back what security measures it had adopted. The Commission would hear the matter again after receiving the government's action-taken report as well as the one from its own investigators.

It asked the state to take special care of Vinod Kumar Dhar, the lone survivor of the incident. The boy's closest relatives should be located and he should be entrusted to their care. The expense of his upkeep should be borne by the government.

Edited by Rajput

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 09:40
Have the people of Kashmir voted if they want to be with India or Pakistan?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 14:14

Cent

They haven't been given that chance, there hasn't been a referendum. For there are only two outcomes, separation from both countries or union with Pakistan. None, benefiting India.

They are better off with separation.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 14:29

Okej, thanks malizai_

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 14:58
ok the main reason i havn't written in this topic is because of the fact that it involves pages of essay's to disprove Telde's bias. I mean, throughout this entire talk all he has posted are anti-indian articles, some which have no credibility at all ie generalising that if one kashmiri pandit took arms against india, then all of them are.

He then denies them being forced out of their houses or leaving due to fear of murder. He then states there has been no change of demography. and yet there has been a huge migration of kashmiri's into what he would call the indian "mainland". are they moving across the border into pakistan? sadly not. i mean, after all, theres even a net migration from Pakistan to India. As Rajput stated very badly, why is it that out border forces are stoping hundreds, if not thousands, of people crossing into India?

He claims that Pakistan is a saint throughout this, only wanting the wellbeing of kashmir, and yet truckloads of pakistani's are moving into azad kashmir.

Someone above even claimed that all the kashmiri's he has asked would either want to join pakistan or ask for independance. I then decided to carry out my own poll. i know 10 people from Jammu and Kashmir. 6 from Srinagar, 2 from Leh, one from a village near Kargil and 2 from Padam.

Suprisingly i got half and half. Half dont mind being with India. Half want independance. When all were asked about joining Pakistan they laughed. One even took me to see his grandfather. He was in Kashmir at the time of partition. Guess what? I heard stories of PAKISTANI tribesman coming and invading his kingdom.

In that time ive also seen the Indian army welcomed into Srinagar to thundrous applause in 1947, want me to post it up? it's from a bias source, but you cant fake the area's, the numbers or the year in which the clip was made.

Telde, answer this one question though. How can you possibly believe China would ever give their part of Kashmir back? Even if the rest of Kashmir had independance, they would never give it back. Their still in Tibet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>