Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Capitals of the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Capitals of the Middle East
    Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 13:31
Originally posted by Mortaza

Because of that many years and wars showed, it is not easy or possible to live together.

Turks and greeks have to live together there. they have no another choicebut to be peacfull. So what do you recommend they do? fight each other til one can surunder?

Originally posted by Osmanly

It would comparible of having a map of Iran with a Turkish flag and soldier. With the only baseless arguement being that at one point in time it was part of the Turkish Seljuk empire.

Yes, it would be unlogic, could cypriots live under a one flag, redardless turks or greeks?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 13:46

Turks and greeks have to live together there. they have no another choicebut to be peacfull. So what do you recommend they do? fight each other til one can surunder?

No, but a division. before entering this from, I was thinking that we can live together. But now I dont.

both of this two nation should go their own way, lets hope their ways never meet again.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 14:34
division means many of them to leave their homes.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 14:44

well that things already happened.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 17:13
Originally posted by OSMANLI

then i will beleave you.

"You insult me and Cyprus with that "flag" as your avatar."

Whether you like it or not but when you cross the Attila line your in the TRNC.

Stealing land and proclaiming it a "nation" does not make it one, whether you like it or not.

You get insulted upon seeing other flags! really sort that rasism out.

Perhaps you need to work on your english vocabulary.

Racist:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Greeks are not a different race than turks. Many turks are basically muslim greeks, but thats another story. So do not try to use such words you do not know.

You are a turkish Cypriot. You speak of peace between 2 "states" while having a foreign nation occupy your area with 30,000 soldiers.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 03:47

Stealing land and proclaiming it a "nation" does not make it one, whether you like it or not.

The ethnic cleanising of the Turks by the Greeks is a fact. Even the Greeks acknowledge this.

To be honest why are you trying to change the issue. The point was that that image would be offensive to both Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

Perhaps you need to work on your english vocabulary.

So do not try to use such words you do not know.

Did you really think that by trying to intimidate me with such insult to my intulect would scare me off from replying!

If you trully belive that i do not know what the term 'rasist' is then so be it. However it is quite apparent that you will blindly agree with anything that would to help the Greek nation seem supreme. Even on the topic about the Danish cartoons, whilst many members are contributing in a healthy manner (on both sides) you simply post more silly images. When i posted a thread on early Nicosia you saw it as an offence that the spotlight had to be shared with the Turks. Greeks are not supreme and nor are the Turks.

Please it is unhealthy to always persue this Greek vs Turk/ Christion vs Muslim idea.

This addiction to try and prove that the Turks are as you mentioned 'Muslim Greeks' is really quite baceless. So let me explain the brief mixing of the Turks.

The Turks originated from central asia (no Greeks in CA) were they mixed with Mongols, upon migration via Persia (no Greeks in Persia) upon which they were heavliy influenced they continued on the journey to Asia minor, thanks to its opening by Sultan AlpArslan of the Seljuk era.

Eastern Asia minor again is not home to ethnic Greeks. Infact one must stress the point that ethnin Anatolians were not Greek, except for those one the far west. However i must agree the there has been a Greek influence and mixture. This however is just one of the many wonderfull mixtures of the Turks. None of which is supreme.

You are a turkish Cypriot. You speak of peace between 2 "states" while having a foreign nation occupy your area with 30,000 soldiers.

Of what business is it to you. Since 74' the Turkish army did not initiate a war with Cyprus. 

Now stop changing the topic, change that image or at the very least admit your true intentions like a man.

Edited by OSMANLI
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 00:40
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Did you really think that by trying to intimidate me with such insult to my intulect would scare me off from replying!

You used it wrong! What else can I say? Scare you off from replying? Whats the point of that?

Now stop changing the topic, change that image or at the very least admit your true intentions like a man.

I wanted a united Cyprus, free of occupation of a foreign Turkish Army. I am sorry you are under occupation, and hopefully international law and diplomacy will help solve the problem.

And do not try to change this into a christian vs muslim thing, I really do not care about what muslims do, as long as they do not turn into suicide bombers..

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 04:54

Now read carefully, if you wish for me to put a larger font simply ask.

I said:

"Please it is unhealthy to always persue this Greek vs Turk/ Christion vs Muslim idea."

You reply:

And do not try to change this into a christian vs muslim thing, I really do not care about what muslims do, as long as they do not turn into suicide bombers..

Suicide bombers , right is that a joke or an educated opinion.

I wanted a united Cyprus, free of occupation of a foreign Turkish Army. I am sorry you are under occupation, and hopefully international law and diplomacy will help solve the problem.

Fair enough thats your opinion. However that has NOTHING to do with what we were discusing, that picture of Greek flag and soldier on the map of Cyprus, which clearly contradicts your statement. Remember?

P.S You have no need to be "sorry" for me. Every day i thank Allah for giving my people the help of the Turkish Republic. If it was not  for the peace intervention i would not have even been born. Remeber the Turkish massacre is a fact.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 06:56

Kabul  -  Afghanistan

Kabul River

More Photos of Kabul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123