Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Capitals of the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Capitals of the Middle East
    Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 23:28
Why is Cyprus culturally European? Because of its' Orthodox Christian identity? You shouldn't associate the Middle-East with Muslims only. Don't forget that Christianity started out in the Middle-East, and early Christian nations were established there...
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 23:42

Originally posted by Artaxiad

Why is Cyprus culturally European? Because of its' Orthodox Christian identity? You shouldn't associate the Middle-East with Muslims only. Don't forget that Christianity started out in the Middle-East, and early Christian nations were established there...

The vast majority of the people are Greek people. This greek culture is usually associated with European culture and not Asian culture.

Also, I have seen some associate Azerbaijan, armenia, and yes, India as part of a greater middle east.

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 00:59
What is azerbajistan?

cyprus is in middle east, culturely it's half european and half middle eastern.it's fully considered european only on stormfront, don't kid yourself. even Greece reminds of middle east whereas nowhere close to it which by the way nothing wrong with it.

I don't consider Turkey European, geographically cyprus is closer to middle east and farther to europe than Turkey

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 11:51
Originally posted by strategos

The vast majority of the people are Greek people. This greek culture is usually associated with European culture and not Asian culture. Also, I have seen some associate Azerbaijan, armenia, and yes, India as part of a greater middle east.

There is nothing called European or Asian culture.

Both Arabs and Japanese live in Asia. Do they have the same culture?

What about Spanish and German? Greek and British? Italian and Russian?

Do they all share the "European" culture?

Edited by barish
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 12:16

The vast majority of the people are Greek people. This greek culture is usually associated with European culture and not Asian culture.

Also, I have seen some associate Azerbaijan, armenia, and yes, India as part of a greater middle east.

So iam guessing according to that theory if Cyprus suddenly got packed full of Native Americans then the island of Cyprus would be part of the Americas

Or perhaps the TRNC is in the Middle East but South Cyprus is in Europe, simply because of the people inhabiting the island.

Its got nothing to do with people, its a geographic term.

O yeah, India is not Middle East

Regards,

OSMANLI

(P.S why do you (strategos) still have an avatar that depicts the island of Cyprus with the Greek flag?, it is not part of Greece or for that matter a part of Turkey. ENOSIS days is long gone my freind, putting such an image causes friction and brings back memories of a sad past)

Edited by OSMANLI
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:44
Originally posted by OSMANLI

(P.S why do you (strategos) still have an avatar that depicts the island of Cyprus with the Greek flag?, it is not part of Greece or for that matter a part of Turkey. ENOSIS days is long gone my freind, putting such an image causes friction and brings back memories of a sad past)

That is not a Greek flag. Do not assume I want enosis, because I do not. Why do you have a picture with alternate colors of the Turkish flag and try to call it its own country? The attila invasion days are not long gone my friend, putting such an image causes friction and these memories are still part of a sad present 

And yes I said Cyprus could bne called Middle eastern if Turkey is european. India can be considered middle eastern to some degree

Edited by strategos
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 00:47
What is Middle East?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 13:27
Originally posted by erci

What is azerbajistan?

cyprus is in middle east, culturely it's half european and half middle eastern.it's fully considered european only on stormfront, don't kid yourself. even Greece reminds of middle east whereas nowhere close to it which by the way nothing wrong with it.

I don't consider Turkey European, geographically cyprus is closer to middle east and farther to europe than Turkey

Agree.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:19

Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Originally posted by erci

What is azerbajistan?

Agree.

Thanks for your wonderful imput on the topic

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 12:55

That is not a Greek flag. Do not assume I want enosis, because I do not. Why do you have a picture with alternate colors of the Turkish flag and try to call it its own country? The attila invasion days are not long gone my friend, putting such an image causes friction and these memories are still part of a sad present 

And yes I said Cyprus could bne called Middle eastern if Turkey is european. India can be considered middle eastern to some degree

That is not a Greek flag. Do not assume I want enosis, because I do not.

Please do not lie on this forum. It can clealry be seen that not only do you have a GREECE flag covering the whole of CYPRUS but there is a soldier there as well. This picture is deeply offending to me. If you love Cyprus then use either of the flags on the island. Cyprus is not part of Greece.

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 13:12

As a way to show peace between the two nations of Cyprus, i thought i would be nice to share pictures of the old Nicosia capital of both our nation states.

KYPROS     KIBRIS

Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque in the backround

Edited by OSMANLI
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:14

Please do not lie on this forum. It can clealry be seen that not only do you have a GREECE flag covering the whole of CYPRUS but there is a soldier there as well. This picture is deeply offending to me. If you love Cyprus then use either of the flags on the island. Cyprus is not part of Greece.

[/QUOTE

I thought you were referring to something else. But that, it is what it is.

I thought you were referring to something else. But that, it is what it is.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:15

As a way to show peace between the two nations of Cyprus,.

KYPROS     

There has to be 2 nations to be peace between them. Please do not insult Cyprus like that..

Edited by strategos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 02:30

aaa it is so funny reading greeks..

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 03:55

I show a demonstration of solidarity between the two nations, since I AM A TURKISH CYPRIOT this is making a statement to my non-aggresive stance.

Since you are GREEK Strategos, not a Greek Cypriots nor a Turkish Cypriot. By you having a picture of Greek flag on Cyprus with a soldier would indicate your true fasist ideology.

"it is what it is" why not just say "it is ENOSIS"

You are the one who is insulting Cyprus, not me. Since your image cleary shows your want for the invation and occupation of the whole of Cyprus by Greece.

Next time pleace be honest with your answers and stop with this insult to TRNC and South Cyprus, respectfully.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 22:00

I show a demonstration of solidarity between the two nations, since I AM A TURKISH CYPRIOT this is making a statement to my non-aggresive stance.

Since you are GREEK Strategos, not a Greek Cypriots nor a Turkish Cypriot. By you having a picture of Greek flag on Cyprus with a soldier would indicate your true fasist ideology.

"it is what it is" why not just say "it is ENOSIS"

You are the one who is insulting Cyprus, not me. Since your image cleary shows your want for the invation and occupation of the whole of Cyprus by Greece.

Next time pleace be honest with your answers and stop with this insult to TRNC and South Cyprus, respectfully.

Yes you are a turkish cypriot, from the nation of Cyprus. Do not flatter yourself by proclaring you are a citizen of any other nation. You insult me and Cyprus with that "flag" as your avatar. Cyprus should never be a part of Greece, but I also do not wish a puppet "nation" to Turkey to be established in the north. 

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 03:35

"Yes you are a turkish cypriot, from the nation of Cyprus. Do not flatter yourself by proclaring you are a citizen of any other nation."

There is no 'nation of Cyprus', it doesnt exist. You first need to realise the diffrence between a 'nation' and a 'state'.

Nationality does change even if the state does.

"Cyprus should never be a part of Greece"

100% correct, if only you really felt that way.

<Take that image off then i will beleave you.

"You insult me and Cyprus with that "flag" as your avatar."

Whether you like it or not but when you cross the Attila line your in the TRNC. Republic of South Cyprus does not have authority over it, thus my coutries flag is MY concern.

The problem is that you have an image of an island that include both my state and my naighbours state with a foreign flag with a soldier. What makes is worse is that you dont even admit to your true desires.

You get insulted upon seeing other flags! really sort that rasism out. Put a flag of Greece or S.Cyprus. I really wouldnt mind. But having foreign flags in such a militaristic manner is deeply insulting.

Edited by OSMANLI
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 08:51
Sorry it is OT, but i wanted to ask always, why couldn't greeks and turks live in peace in cyprus, many years of wars and political intrigues are behind you both, arn't you tired of it?

Edited by Maziar
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 12:39

I do not have a problem with any race or group of people. And the layout of Cyprus at the moment is fine (apart from the embargoes).

However surely oyu can understand why that image is disturbing.

It would comparible of having a map of Iran with a Turkish flag and soldier. With the only baseless arguement being that at one point in time it was part of the Turkish Seljuk empire.

Edited by OSMANLI
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 12:59

Sorry it is OT, but i wanted to ask always, why couldn't greeks and turks live in peace in cyprus, many years of wars and political intrigues are behind you both, arn't you tired of it?

Because of that many years and wars showed, it is not easy or possible to live together.

do we need much blood?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>