Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Positive image of the nomads in Us And Chinese movies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Positive image of the nomads in Us And Chinese movies
    Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 18:55

Steppe Nomads always have a positive image in the American and Chinese films and drama. For example, American movies made Genghsis Khan ,Attlia and the leader of the Cossacks as heros.John Wayne's Genghsis Khan had an excellent political vision, he knew that Mongols tribes shall be united.Attlia was the hero. the dramas concluded that only he was dead, no one could united those steppe tribes. So europe was troubled by wars, and the dark age came.The cossacks were brave and even peace lovers, they attacked the polish only because they wanted to take back the steepe. In Chinese movies, Genghsis Khan was also hero. These is a drama based on a best selling Hing Kong Novel.It was the story of Chinese Manicheisme to revolt against the Mongols. But the really bad guy was Zhu Yuen Cheung,the founder og the Ming dynasty, he got political power through cheating and conspiracy,and he killed other founder of the dynasty. The Mongols noble was described as politician with good political eyesight.Even the Mongol princess who fought against the Chinese became the good guy at last, she even married with the leader of the Chinese manichesism

Nomads had invaded China and the West. But why do they have positive image, May be the "West" is mainly Eastern Europe, but the movies we talked are mainly produced by Us, western Europe.And Us always doubt for the power of Russia, even today, the extension of The Nato was to check the Russia,No doubt Nomads will have a good image.Chinese today want to step out,and in the long Chinese history, only Mongolians steped out successfiully,and since they ruled China too, they would be considered as Chinses,so they became hero?

Nomads ,especially Mongolians always have a bad image on russian movies.

leung
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 20:38
Jin Yong, the author of the best selling Hong Kong Novel, has Manchu and perhaps, Mongol ancestry.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 21:54
He is so famous even people inBelgium know him.I am talking his novel.But I do not know the english name of that novel. The story of the two powerful swords?
leung
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 22:31

The TV Series has some hot ladies

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 12:18
We Turks have a very bad image in western media's, country's and the upper west usa.
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 14:51

I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie "Warriors of Heaven and Earth". Personally I think the story is pretty lame, but I love the fact that it's a Chinese "Western" movie. The cinematography is also pretty impressive.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/warriors/

tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 20:24
Originally posted by flyingzone

I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie "Warriors of Heaven and Earth". Personally I think the story is pretty lame, but I love the fact that it's a Chinese "Western" movie. The cinematography is also pretty impressive.

In the movie,finally, when the Turks occupied the city, the chief then wanted to take the tresaure of the Buddha, I expected that Chinese cavalry would charge . They would defeat the turks.Us western movie always have such scene.But it was the magic of the Buddha to defeat the turks. I am disappointed by this. The enging of the movie is bad.I believe in Buddha.But I think it is crazy to state that the magic of the Buddha defeated the enemies.

and I think such ending can not enhance the nationalist feeling of Chinese people.  But the  charging of The Chinese soldiers can

leung
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 20:54
The Turks are dressed like Arabs, and the Tang soldiers like Starship troopers
AAAAAAAAAA

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2006 at 08:17
Originally posted by tommy

Originally posted by flyingzone

In the movie,finally, when the Turks occupied the city, the chief then wanted to take the tresaure of the Buddha, I expected that Chinese cavalry would charge . They would defeat the turks.Us western movie always have such scene.But it was the magic of the Buddha to defeat the turks. I am disappointed by this. The enging of the movie is bad.I believe in Buddha.But I think it is crazy to state that the magic of the Buddha defeated the enemies.

and I think such ending can not enhance the nationalist feeling of Chinese people.  But the  charging of The Chinese soldiers can

only God can stop us
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2006 at 08:19
Originally posted by poirot

The Turks are dressed like Arabs, and the Tang soldiers like Starship troopers
Yea, youre wright about the dressing of Turks, we have our own kind of clothes that we even carry these days, for example look at Turkmenistan.
 Post Reply Post Reply